Single Edge Gillette Tech - aka FuzzTech

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hembree, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bizoo

Bizoo Well-Known Member

Hembree and brit like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Evan, I am blown away. I always thought about doing some thing like that but I would have to make a jig for a router. Looks great and the FuzzTech deserves a nice home after the beautiful plating job. Thanks a bunch!

3. Hembree

Evan, could I make a suggestion on the box. Please sign your name on the box somewhere before you clear coat it. As much work as you have put into the razor and box I would like to have your signature on it.

4. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I'm not very good with surprises... Almost done. Added my signature as requested. Probably have it back in the mail on Thursday.

20191231_141446-800x600.jpg 20191231_141758-800x600.jpg 20191231_141654-800x599.jpg

5. MrEE

It's a lot easier on a CNC mill. Well, now that I have learned enough to avoid crashing the machine. When you have to program everything and press go, you learn by breaking endmills, gouging vices, and scaring tables.

Sevenbark, wristwatchb and Hembree like this.
  6. Hembree

Evan, awesomeness all the way around. I cannot begin to express my gratitude. Please keep it a little longer and shave with it if you would like.

wristwatchb, brit and MrEE like this.
  7. Hembree

I am sure there is a learning curve. Is this the first box you have completed?

brit and MrEE like this.
  8. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'm impressed!

:signs107:

brit and Hembree like this.
  9. MrEE

Yes, this is my first box. I started this from the "New Design" menu in may CAD/CAM software. In fact, I had never signed my work before so I had to draw that up too. It's been fun. Right up my alley.

My 7 year old daughter has asked for one with a unicorn on the cover. So, that's the next project.

10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Evan,
    Your work here is simply outstanding. Love the personal touches on the box as well.

Dave in KY, wristwatchb, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

:eatdrink013:

brit, MrEE and Hembree like this.
  12. Hembree

Please post a picture of the unicorn box when you get it completed. The FuzzTech box looks amazing!

wristwatchb, brit and MrEE like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

MrEE and Hembree like this.
  14. Hembree

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1/07/2020

RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Timeless Shaving Bowl
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap
    FuzzTech on Weber Bulldog Handle
    Feather Blade
    Andrew Charles – American Tobacco

Evan’s work is amazing and he gave the FuzzTech the look I think it definitely deserves. Thanks Evan @MrEE and the FuzzTech will always have a special place in my den.

This is the first shave with the razor since it made its way back into the den. The FuzzTech and a Feather are made for each other and the MWF is just wonderful stuff. This was just an amazing shave with some very personal shaving gear.

Finished the shave off with the Andrew Charles American Tobacco. Sorry for all of the pictures but I enjoy showing the razor and the box off. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  15. brit

brit in a box

absolutely awesome Danny..

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

@Hembree and @MrEE that is a great looking project you both have done. The razor looks terrific and the box is outstanding.

:happy096:

wristwatchb, brit, MrEE and 2 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Thanks Jim.

MrEE, S Barnhardt and Norcalnewb like this.
  18. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Stellar job, guys. The Fuzztech is beautiful! :D

wristwatchb, Hembree, MrEE and 3 others like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Danny was nice enough to loan the Fuzztech to me. I will give it a go this afternoon.

@Hembree Thanks a million for the chance to try this one out. Gotta love a DE turned into a real razor!!

20. Hembree

You are welcome and I hope you enjoy it. Charlie @wristwatchb came up with the name. Named after a pretty good fellow I hear.:D