Small Artisan shave creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Leo501, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Seven months into my shave journey, with 6 soaps and 2 creams, I've figured out that I have a preference for creams. I understand that a few small artisans are making creams, like Catie's Bubbles.

I'm currently using Proraso and Geo F Trumper and would like to expand into small artisan creams.

PLANofMAN and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Razorock makes "Acqua Shaving Cream Soap"...in fact, I just shaved with it this morning. Or are you talkinabout artisan "creams" only.

3. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Creams are my fave- consistency of what would be in a tube or something like TOBS

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There isn't much out there. It's not that artisans don't want to make shaving cream, but it's a lot more labor intensive to make, and frankly, the shelf life sucks.

I talked with an artisan about making a very old shaving cream recipe, and she gave me some great advice, should I ever end up doing it. She chose not to make it, because they were working on their own recipe. This was several years ago, and they never ended up making a shave cream. Either they decided it wouldn't be profitable, or they had issues with shelf life. That soap manufacturer is still in business today.

If you are interested, I'll be happy to PM you the recipe and the tips, and you can feel free to try your own hand at making shave cream.

I just ask that you don't sell it or pass the recipe on to others, as I plan on making and selling it myself when I'm retired, both to supplement my income and give me something useful to do.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

JM Fraser makes a right fine cream, although, I am ashamed to admit I had forgotten about it until now! Tall white tub, blue and red lettering, very fine lemony scent. It pairs well with Pe Re Ja Turkish Lemon Cologne!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Leo501 like this.
  7. stingraysrock

Update! Just ordered JM Frasier SC and Booster Iced Lime AS from Italian Barber. I am super excited to revisit these two items from earlier in my shave education journey!

Ijustmissedthe50s and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If Proraso and GF Trumper is your only experience with creams, you owe it to yourself to try Kiss my Face shaving cream too. If you get the unscented, you can use it to boost your six soaps.

10. stingraysrock

:signs011:

PLANofMAN likes this.