Smelling like a Dad.

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Badger-Face, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

Why not. Lol. He blames me for everything.

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I use what my wife likes me to wear. Some fragrances I've worn she found off-putting or too medicinal or 'old mannish...' Most of the fragrances I use tend towards more woodsy than floral. I prefer a more distinctly masculine old fashioned cologne or AS than many of newer androgynous designer scents targeted for BOTH men and women on the market today. I prefer that guys smell like guys, and women to have a scent distinctly different from the males. Call me 'old fashioned'....;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    BigMark, dscaver, Troy M and 3 others like this.
  3. Badger-Face

I know a lot if people here belive that scents have no sexes and I understand what they are saying and agree with the point. However I have to agree with you 100 % about my idea of how we should smell. A man should smell like a man and a women like a women. I love the way my wife smells with the so called female scents but I would not line it on me at all. And I wouldn't want my wife smelling like Stetson lol. If a girl wants to smell masculine and a guy wants to smell feminine then more power to them but my personal preference is that I ware my sandle wood and she wares here gardiania. Even when u deal with citrus I like a mans spiced citrus and her to have the sweeter citrus. We buy a lot of male and female versions of the same scent. The have a familer scent without being the same.

4. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I have been using some aftershave lotion my wife got me from the Bath & Bodyworks called "Noir". It smells great and she likes it alot.

Badger-Face likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

And this is why I make my husband's colognes. He will never wear a scent I don't like, because I won't make one for him.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That's just waskewy. ;)

GDCarrington and Badger-Face like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Twue. But he smells dewicious.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Smart lady!:happy088:

I still don't understand when I read on shave forums where a guy loves some fragrance of an aftershave—'saddle wood' for example, but his wife can't stand it.
    Some sort of 'Spousal Repellant'? :p

9. Badger-Face

Funny

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Good ol' witch-hazel is the only hair tonic I've ever used. Just a bit of extra "hold" or whatever without being greasy at all.

I think alum used to be used sometimes as well - with the old flattop style haircuts. The alum stiffens the hairs so the stand up straighter.

Badger-Face likes this.
  11. richgem

Alum, I knew about... great for crew cuts, etc. But, I've never heard of using WH in your hair. Huh. Might have to try that.

Badger-Face likes this.
  12. Badger-Face

I just purchased some Dominican Bay Rum with Lime aftershave online. I can't wait to get it. I have never smelled any Bay rum before but! I show know I'm going to like it! I wish there wasn't so many options lol. I want to try them all. I see it sometimes has orange. And then there's the more cow boy type with the clove. I have a feeling I'm going to love this stuff.

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Will it work on feathers?

GDCarrington and Badger-Face like this.
  14. richgem

Only after a recent moulting.

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well you could go for this man's approach ...

Ahh, then again ...

Badger-Face likes this.
  16. richgem

"... covers up the scent of horse sweat and sin..." :rofl:

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. Badger-Face

That's funny. Reminds me that my mom told me her ex brother-n-law used to drink the aftershaves in their bathroom when he was over. I don't think I can handle that but at least your berth would smell aqua fresh. There is a really aqua vela drink though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_Velva_(cocktail)

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. richgem

Apparently, drinking AV was so common with WW 2 sailors, that (under governmental pressure) AV put a bittering agent (denatonium benzoate) in it and reduced the alcohol content to discourage such use. They also changed the color from brown to something close to the blue we now know. (citation at B&B)

Badger-Face and GDCarrington like this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Many guys love the stuff (bay rum AS)—and women do too. However, BR may be more appealing to a certain age demographic. I have 3 sons (21, 24, 27) who constantly have their friends over (mostly guys in the 21-29 range, some female friends)—and overwhelmingly they do not care for the bay rum scent as they all find it 'too old fashioned' 'old smelling' 'smells like grandpa…'
    When I purchased a bottle of Pinaud Bay Rum at CVS some time ago, the women behind the counter (in her early 60's, I'd guess), commented, "Oooo…I love Bay Rum. My husband wears it all the time."
    Now of course these are just random samplings from my own experience concerning the love/dislike of the bay rum scent. YMMV!:D

Badger-Face and GDCarrington like this.
  20. Badger-Face

LOL. Well it's probably better then MD 20/20.

richgem likes this.