Smokers, what's your brand?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ClubmanRob, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Quit cigarettes in 1980. In warm weather months I enjoy a daily Henry Clay on the porch. H. Upmann and Hoyo de Monterrey are favorites also.

2. PeterS

PeterS Member

I roll my own, mostly Drum or Samson tobacco. I also use filter tips when I make them.

Pete

3. Fozzy-Beard

Fozzy-Beard Member

Hi smokers,

I am smoking and collecting pipes and own about 100 of them. Most of my pipes are Stanwells followed by Savinellis, Ascortis, Larsens, Dunhills and even some Falcon Pipes and some Corn Cobs (Of course from the States;))

Most of my about 30 different pipe tobaccos are the slightly flavored danish type, but I also enjoy english blends with or without Latakia. Since I have not so much time I am smoking only 3-4 pipes during the week.

I used to smoke cigars in former times but I never smoked any cigarettes. And I tell you a little secret: I like chewing tobacco a lot! :ashamed001 But I am not getting here in Germany any... :sad024

Viele Grüße from Germany

Michael!

4. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

+1, pipe and cigars smoker here (2nd time today I say this in different forums....), cigars are more for summenr and pipes for winter, my favourite pipe tobaccos: Penzance, 965 and St Bruno Flake, and cigars: Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta (we get the Cubans here) and local brands, this being an island we have very good cigars here too...

5. Fozzy-Beard

Fozzy-Beard Member

¡Hola!

Hey, you're absolutely right! I like pipes more in the colder times of the year, too. Pencanze is new to me and with cigars from the Islas Canarias I could fall into relapse... :D

Muchos saludos

Michael!

6. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Not sure how I dodged the cancer sticks both of my parents were absolute chain smokers. I just never took the habit for some reason. I smoke a pipe and dip snuff (Grizzly or Copenhagen). I generally smoke a cigar every 5 years or so whether I need to or not.

7. Jwolf24601

Jwolf24601 New Member

Cigs: Dunhills, I like the red box

Pipe Tobacco: Rattray's Hal O' The Wind

Cigars: La Aurora Preferido Ruby

I have smoked daily, weekly, monthly. Never been addicted though. Lately been smoking bout once every two weeks, mostly pipes as they seem most economical.

8. mvpro

mvpro New Member

Camel regular with filters, but when I was in Europe I found Camel Blue to be the best, bar none.

9. rickboone

rickboone Member

Ahh yes. It's only been since April 13th of this year, but so so glad to be a non-smoker now. It was pathetic how that little beast controlled my life and altered it for so darn long.

10. Sailor

Sailor New Member

When I lived in Kabul the only way for me to see the sun was to smoke a cigarette but Marlboros were $1 a pack so it wasn't bad. I now hate my habit soo much. I need to get wellbutrin again. I took that and quit for a few months until I moved in with smokers and picked it back up.

11. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

Congrats! I smoke a pack a day. I really hope to quit soon. As you know, its not easy.

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Member

I smoked cigarettes in High School and college. I also started with a pipe at the same time. It did not take long to drop the cigarettes and move to the pipe completely. I enjoyed cigars for a few years too, but I have always preferred the pipe. I am currently trying and enjoying all of the McClelland blends. Right know I am really enjoying a tin of Deep Hollow. "Far into the woods, away from the urban cacophony, is where this lightly fragrant blend of rich, red and black stoved Virginia's is designed to transport you. Relax and enjoy the moment."
    I think I better fill my pipe now.

13. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

just for kicks and grins, try naming the cigarettes that you have smoked in the past that aren't made anymore. I have smoked almost every brand out there. I'm down to the generic brands now due to the high cost. But here are some that I've smoked that aren't readily available or obsolete,
    Raleigh, Tarryton, Lark, True (both blue and green), Old Gold, Silva Thin, Belair, Viceroy, Vantage. Can't think of anymore at this time. Anybody remember these? I also smoked a pipe for about 2 years as a teenager, and NO it wasn't used for the homegrown stuff. I had a different pipe for that lol. I've used dip (pouches), couldn't stand the stuff floating around in my mouth. I've used chewing tobacco and believe it or not had a dip in my lip, a chaw on the side of my mouth while I smoked a cigarette. It's a wonder I didn't OD from nicotine.

I'm trying to cut down, but eventually hope to quit altogether, again, for good.

14. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Usually i smoke Mcdonald special from Quebec, but my favorite cigarettes are Gauloise blonde from France.

15. flylot

flylot New Member

I like a nice Churchill Cusano from time to time............

16. jon

jon Member

Usually smoke Camel Or Marlboro full flavors but will typically buy whatever is on sale, as long as it isn't menthol. Also smoke the occasional cigar.

17. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I dont smoke cigarettes, I smoke Nat Sherman's. So I smoke Nat Sherman's Original Lights. I really prefer them and they are a long burn since they are all natural. I do have to say though that Im attempting quitting. I know its willpower, but if the peer pressure at work would let up, I think I would be done by now..haha

18. timj219

timj219 Member

I used to smoke luckies but I quit about 25 years ago. Now I like to have a cigar about every month or so. Couple times a year when I or one of my sons gets to canada I get to have a cuban. Matter of fact I'm looking for a new cigar source. The only good cigar store in my area is gone so I'm thinking of buying some online. Anybody have a recommendation for a good site?

19. Penhooligan

Penhooligan New Member

15-21 smoked nothing but Camels.

21-present-- Newports and Marlborough No. 54

Pipes-- G.L. Pease (any) and quite found of aromatics (started mIxing my blends of buttered rum w/ chocolate or Irish cream and vanilla w/ cherry)

20. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Quit back in 2001 but Winston lights were my favorite. Also enjoyed Camel Wides and Marlboro lights.

Those left handed ciggies WILL make it back into the rotation at some point, but only when it is responsible to do so (work reasons).

I do want to start smoking a pipe but have been avoiding that want like the plague just because I don't want to even come close to being addicted to nicotine again.

Used Welbutrin to quit. I was an irritable mother-effer for more than a month, felt rabid. But I don't NEED nicotine anymore.