So thats what floppy is....

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by lt green, Apr 2, 2008.

1. lt green

lt green New Member

I just recieved my new Kent blk4 and now understand what people mean by floppy, This is my 4th brush the other three are, a rooney style 1 medium in super badger, an aos silvertip which I believe may be a plisson, and the srp shavemac custom brush (which by the way is my favorite) but now I really discovered floppy with the kent, which I'll keep but it's a little to floppy for my tastes, I'm just glad I did not get the blk8 . I think my next two brushes are a saville row 3722 and a simpsons chubby 2 best... any thoughts on those two being added to my current collection?? Hope this sbad passes soon. Steve

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

You can't go wrong with a Savile Row.

The only reason I've not tried out the Kent series is the floppiness people have reported. Despite the floppy action, most people state that the Kents work very well with all creams and soaps.

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I've had 2 Kents over the years, the 4 was a bit floppy for my taste, the 8 was not floppy but a whole lotta brush. It's gone as well. Everones tastes are different!

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

BK4 is not floppy.
    Its......."flexible" ;)

Ive had worse.

5. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I'm not really into floppy or "flexible" brushes either, but my BLK4 is luxurious in its floppiness or, uh flexibile-ness;)

Seriously, these brushes are very nice, and it does seem to work very good with creams....I guess it works okay with soaps...but I use mine mainly for creams.

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Well said.
    I have brushes for Face lathering and for Bowl lathering..........Raf :rolleyes: .....:D and there is a time and a place for both types.
    BK4 fills the bill when I'm whipping up mounds of lathery goodness in my bowl and then doing some face painting.
    Simpsons CH1 is great when I want to build the lather ON my mug.
    Both are great brushes.

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Personally, I want a brush that will lather anything and do it well. Which basically means I want any brush. Until recently, I had a dozen (Kents, Simpsons, EJs) and all lathered anything I tried. None were any better for either soap or cream. I do not understand the "this is a cream brush, that is a soap brush" philosophy. Nonsense.

My second criteria is; how does it feel on my face? If it's not soft, I'm not interested. I don't mean floppy soft, I mean velvety soft. If it happens to also be flexible, so be it.

My Kents (BK2/4/8) have yet to meet a soap they couldn't conquer with no more effort than my Simpsons or even my Rooney (by far the most dense brush I owned). You cannot scrub with a Kent (well, maybe a bit with the 8), but man are they smooth...and soft...and luxurious!

:happy088

8. Will

Will Nevermind

I don't call a Kent floppy, I call it just a little loose. Their are far more floppy brushes out their.

9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Very well said, BK8 owner here and that one WONT GO or leave my DEN!
    very underrated brush !!!

Today it kicked butt making Superlather with Mama Bears Soap + AOS Lemon Cream I couldnt believe the brush was so loaded I tell you I could shave 2 people !

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I have a Kent BK4, which I don't find as flexible as another brush I own...ahem.

It isn't quite as flexible as a Vulfix #2234, which I also own. If you really want scrubby, though, try one of these.

I have the "mini," or P373. Great for travel, and it is a great soap brush!

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Ok, I'll agree to agree with you, "flexible". :D
    Just not my cup of tea. :D