Soaps on your "to try" list

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jramire2, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SurfFisherman

SurfFisherman New Member

Penhaligon's English Fern is next for me!

2. jramire2

jramire2 Member

The eshave avocaod & linden I picked up....smells and performs awfully similar to Provence Sante.

At the price I paid I'm happy w/the purchase, but if I'd paid regular price ($18) for a $10 puck of PS, I would've been upset.

Overall pretty good stuff.

3. a-cut-above

a-cut-above Member

Get it while it's still made of tallow and before it goes veggie. It's great soap.

4. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

To Try List

T&H Limes
    T&H Grafton
    Proraso Red
    Proraso Green
    GFT Violet
    GFT or TOBS Rose
    Santa Maria Novella
    TSD Lemongrass
    TSD Magnolia
    St Charles Shaving Smoke and Beads Shave Cream

more to come...

5. Hi All,
    Well, I can cross one more off this list. I finally ordered a few of Gio's soaps recently, and will hopefully get them early next week. Man....I've been meaning to try his soaps for soooo long. What a relief.........heh. Never seems to end, which I like.
    Martin

6. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Recently traded for a puck of Roger & Gallet shaving soap. It's definitely odiferous, but not in a bad way, and it performs very well. My face seems really moisturized afterwards, the scent blends well w/my Caswell Massey Sandalwood balm and my favorite AS splash (German Pitralon). Overall, pretty good stuff IMO.

7. Sighhhhh,
    Didn't get em yet...I'm guessing tomorrow or Friday will be it. I think the weather has slowed things up in general this week. His soaps get a lot of positive comments from many people, so I'm not worried about the performance. Nice to have the shaving forums to draw information from.
    Oh.......I ordered some of JoAnna's soaps also. More lime (two tubs this time), but a few others in sample size that I've been meaning to get around to. The ones that have me really curious is the 'ginger' and also 'mayan gold'.
    Man.......it never does end.
    Martin

8. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Great thread!

My list is pretty conservative:
    • Tabac
    • TSD
    • Speick
    • Olivia Soaps
    • Penhaligons
    • T&H
    • Trumpers
    • Taylors - Cross that bad boy off the list! Got me some Sandalwood and St. James...the scent is amazing on St. James!
    • Mitchells/Kent

Cheers!

9. Milton

Milton New Member

QED
    MWF
    Tabac
    Trumpers
    Proraso
    Tryphon Permafrost

and more Mama Bears

10. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

TSD soaps
    QED soaps
    Speick
    Gold Dachs

11. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I’m a bit fatigued from trying new soaps & creams; so many disappointments, so few delightful surprises. However, if Yardley (and Yardley Black Label) shaving soap was readily available at a resaonable price, I’d be up for that!

12. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Permafrost
    Institut Karite
    Musgo
    Art of Shaving
    Speick

13. Exeter

Exeter New Member

Right now I'd just like to try any L'Occitane or Penhaligons (mainly Opus 1870, though I guess that's just in a cream version? I'm not too interested in English Fern)

14. Pokerstar

Pokerstar New Member

A+ for formatting! :)

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Jeff told me great things about De Vergulde Hand soap, and he wants me to try a TSD soap as well. Hey, as long as he springs, I'm all for it! ;) :happy102 :happy102 Nahhhhhh, I'm only kidding!
    Armand

16. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Yes indeed especially on the rocks with a nice splash of Coke...wait we're talking 'bout shaving here aren't we?:D SCS Bay Rum with a Twist comes to mind, as does Mama Bear's Spicy Lime, as does a nice tumbler of Havana Club Rum on the rocks with a generous splash of Coke with a nice wedge of lime....uh wait we're still talking 'bout shaving here aren't we?

17. OldFashioned

OldFashioned New Member

18. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

:happy001

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

ecoute-moi bien mon petit, la prochaine fois c'est TOI qui va me faire un cadeau! :p, sinon tu seras ::ban

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

TSD Bourbon Vanilla. ;)