Social Media hiatus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Troy M, Apr 20, 2021.

1. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I think I knew that. I may have even posted there. Don't remember.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. Raydinsert

Raydinsert New Member

I totally understand the struggle of getting caught up in the endless scroll and wasting time. But let's not forget the positive side of social media too. It can help us connect with people, share ideas, and even grow our businesses.
    Plus, it's not all about showing off your perfect life. There are so many communities out there that use social media for meaningful conversations and to spread awareness about important issues. enforcesocial.com has some great tips on how to stay productive on social media.
    Anyway, congrats on taking a break from social media!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I do have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok. But think that’s it.

I really don’t use them at all. I used to back years ago but now it’s pretty much just dust collecting apps. The only part of Facebook, which really isn’t integrated like it use to, is messenger. But that’s just because regular phone calls to friends I’ve made world wide would cost too much.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

All I have is TDS

:)

5. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Facebook: Never
    Instagram: Never
    Snapchat: Never
    TikTok: Never

LinkedIn: Seldom
    TSD: Often.
    B&B: Often.

6. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Yes, TSD meets the definition of social media. I believe TSD is what social media is supposed to be: social interaction and engagement that is civil, entertaining, and polite.

Shaver X, Enrico, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Facebook: Deleted my account several years ago. The algorithm is designed to enrage you and drive engagement. I'm less enraged without it and I think that's good.
    Instagram: Still have my account but almost never check it. Removed the app from my phone.
    Snapchat: Tried it briefly but never really "got" it.
    Tik Tok: Never
    LinkedIn: Necessary for professional contacts but don't use it much.
    Twitter: Used to be a great site for following news that doesn't get talked about much on the "news". It's gone downhill recently though. I removed the app from my phone in the past few months.
    Mastodon: Surprisingly good for news now and getting better with lots of people moving to it. No algorithm driving engagement. No ads. Just a timeline of posts from accounts you follow. Run by a non-profit org, not a for-profit company.
    Reddit: Once you get a good set of sub-reddits covering things you're interested in that don't have tons of garbage in them, it's really good. It can be total garbage if you go turning over rocks there though.
    TSD: Don't use it as much as I used to but I check in a couple times a week at least. Still my favorite shaving forum by far though.
    B&B: Rarely. It can be a bit toxic there unless you block some of the off-topic forums.

DaltonGang, Shaver X, redrako and 2 others like this.
  8. LynnShape123

LynnShape123 New Member

Hey @feeltheburn, I appreciate your take on social media and how you've chosen to engage with these platforms. It's a wise decision to prioritize your mental well-being and reduce exposure to content that can be enraging or overwhelming.
    While you've opted for a hiatus from some platforms, it's interesting to see your perspective on others. Social media can be a double-edged sword, offering both connection and frustration.
    If you ever decide to dip your toes into TikTok, you might want to Buy TikTok Followers to help you kickstart your presence and connect with a broader audience. TikTok can be a platform for sharing creativity and discovering entertaining content.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

TSD only..:):eatdrink047:

10. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I do some of the shave forums and I do go to Facebook: I Have to for work purposes....

Troy M likes this.