**SOLD / CLOSED ** -- Den Clearance sale - razors, brush, a/s, OS mug, and soap

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Shotwell, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Doing a "little" den clearance now that I am past the 90-day minimum, and since I have a surplus of razors and gear right now. All prices are in USD and include shipping to US locations. Inquire for additional cost to ship to Canada or other countries. I will throw in a pack of blades with each razor that sells at $10 or more, except where noted.

By the way, I do take PayPal. In fact, strongly prefer it. :)

[​IMG]

Front Row:

Razors:

**SOLD** - 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech TTO razor. No end caps, and unnotched blade bar, confirming this as a 1941 model. User-grade razor with the following defects: Pitting on silo doors (though plating seems intact), significant brassing under the head -- appears to have had polishing under the head attempted by a previous owner, though not done well. TTO mechanism works smoothly, with just a little "give" due to the retaining ring issue common to many 40's Super Speeds, Ranger Techs, and Milords. Would be an excellent candidate for restoration and replating, since these are great shavers (my favorite in fact) and are also quite hard to find at any price. The flaws in this razor are mostly cosmetic, so if you want a Ranger Tech but don't want to pay eBay prices, this is the one! $40.00.$20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Standard Oxford NEW 3-piece long comb razor set with NO CRACKS in original case with original blade vault and one original NOS blade. As mentioned above, this razor has no discernible cracks in the handle, a real rarity when it comes to this razor. No bent teeth, either. Includes original grayish-blue variegated case and original two-piece blade box, as well as one Gillette Super Blue blade which appears to be unopened. Case has minor scuffing and wear on the corners and a very small tear in the material on the bottom rear edge. Velvet lining of the case is intact, with the logo and wording still visible although worn. The razor itself has very little tarnish or plate loss, especially given its age. This is one of the nicer razors in my collection -- I just am not using this much with the other razors in my rotation, and figured someone else who would appreciate it should have it. $40.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Flare Tip C2 TTO razor (2nd quarter 1957 production date). What I would say is "Good+" condition -- some plating loss and pitting on head and very slight brassing in usual places (under head and on TTO knob) but otherwise quite shiny - $20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Flare Tip K1 TTO razor (1st quarter 1965 production date). What I would say is "Good+" condition -- some minor pitting on head and very slight brassing (almost not visible) on handle but otherwise quite shiny - $20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Contract Tech 3-piece razor in gold. Some plate loss on handle and leading edges of base plate. Cap plating appears to be in good condition, as do the top and bottom of the base plate. This is definitely a pretty razor. $20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Ball-end Tech 3-piece razor in gold, no date code. User-grade condition -- almost complete plate loss on top cap but it is shiny and clean. Normal plate loss for its age elsewhere. $10.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Ball-end Tech 3-piece razor in gold, Y4 (4th quarter, 1953) date code. Some plate loss at edges of the top cap and base plate, and on handle. Otherwise very good to excellent condition. Gillette arrow logo etched on top cap still very clear and shiny. Would be a great birth-year razor, if you know someone who turned 61 in the last three months! $14.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Ball-end Tech 3-piece razor in nickel, C3 (3rd quarter, 1957) date code. Very good condition, slight brassing/plate loss on leading edges of base plate. Gillette arrow logo frosted/etched on top cap still very clear. Couple of slight plating bubbles on one side of the top cap. One small dent in the ball-end tip, possibly from being dropped once on a hard surface or more likely a manufacturing defect (the plating below seems intact). $12.00. REDUCED! Now $10.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette Fat Handle Tech 3-piece razor in gold. (No date code, and oval slots in the base plate, which I believe indicates that this razor is from 1946-1950.) Clean and shiny, with etched/frosted Gillette logo still intact on the top cap. Better than average razor without much plate loss or brassing. Pretty! $15.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette pre-war (1938-1942) Fat Handle Tech 3-piece razor in nickel or silver finish. Triangular holes in base plate and no date code. USA model. Minor spots of brassing/plate loss on top cap, knurling on handle, and leading edges of the base plate -- but still very minor considering this razor's age. Mostly very shiny and a fantastic shaver. (I wouldn't be selling this since it's such a great shaver and still looks great, but I have duplicates of this model.) $15.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Row 2:

**SOLD** Gillette 40's Super Speed TTO razor in original red and clear plastic case. No date code. Razor is in good shape considering its age with very little plate loss or pitting, and only a very slight give in the TTO/retaining ring mechanism. The case has some crazing, fogging and scratches and a red stain on one hinge, but is completely intact and snaps closed. $25.00 REDUCED! Now $20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette early 1950's Super Speed TTO razor, Z4 date code (4th quarter 1954). Nice "Good+" condition Super Speed razor (similar to the 1940's Super Speeds, but with a date code). Head shows normal wear and tear for its age. TTO mechanism has only a tiny bit of "play" in it from the retaining ring issue common to Super Speeds. Some tarnish and brassing apparent on the underside of the head and along the handle, but still in user-grade quality or higher. End caps are intact. Would make a nice birth-quarter or birth-year razor gift for someone turning 60 in October, November, or December of this year! $15.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Gillette NEW long comb 3-piece ball-end razor in gold tone with "Official" NOS blade, in gold box. Not sure this is a correct box for this particular razor... It looks to me like the box that came with the Big Boy De Luxe? Anyway, selling these as a set because that is how I acquired them. Box is in decent shape with Gillette logo still somewhat visible and normal dents and scratches for its age. Razor has typical hairline cracks one at the top, one at the bottom) on the handle common for this type but it is still stable and an excellent shaver. If you have a Big Boy and need a box, this is worth it just for the case! $20.00. REDUCED! - Now $18.00. (Sold separately to two buyers.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** RazoRock Jaws 3-piece razor. Like-new condition, including original box. This one is sold out on both Italian Barber and Amazon, so these are pretty hard to find right now. (Pricing is basically the same price as Italian Barber but I'm including shipping so you'll save $5 or more this way). Box has a small tear and some minor shelf wear. $15.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Soluna (unbranded) 3-piece Czechoslovakian (cold war era?) open-comb razor with deep-knurled heavy handle. Slightly misaligned base-plate holes (See photo 2 below) mean you have to push slightly on one side of the top cap when assembling this in order to get a relatively even blade exposure, but a great shaver nonetheless, and a very cool handle. Teeth are not bent, either. Including a pack of Derby (Astra, by request from buyer) blades with this razor. $10.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture is of the misalignment when screwing the handle on without taking care to make sure the sides are even: [​IMG]

And this is the same razor when putting a little pressure on the top cap while screwing the handle on. Notice that the alignment is more consistent this way: [​IMG]

**SOLD** Schick Krona TTO razor with black plastic knob with SCHICK/SCHICK on doors (1965-1968ish). Excellent condition with no defects I could detect, and with normal wear and tear for its age. $15.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Schick Krona TTO razor with metal knob (indicating 1964-1965 production). No stamping on doors, one small melted mark on handle and brassing on metal TTO knob, but otherwise in very good condition, $15.00. REDUCED! $13.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small melted spot (this photo is magnified to about 200-250%). [​IMG]

Third Row:

Nanjie TTO razor, NIB with mirror with one Nanjie blade (1 of 2). Never used, Chinese-made razor. Would be a great starter or travel razor. $7.00. (Come on guys, it costs me $3.00 just to ship this! Where are you gonna get a new razor within 5 business days for under $5?)

[​IMG]

Nanjie TTO razor, NIB with mirror with one Nanjie blade (2 of 2). Never used, Chinese-made razor. Would be a great starter or travel razor. $7.00.

[​IMG]

RiMei three-piece razor. Unused three-piece razor, appears to be chrome plated with heavy handle. Would probably be a good replacement handle for any standard-sized razor heads you may have lying around, or would make an excellent, easily-packed travel razor. I have another one of these that I am keeping for exactly that purpose. Including a pack of Dorco blades (update: or Astra blades, your choice) with this razor. $7.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weishi 9306c (Micro Touch One/Van Der Hagen, 1 of 2). Great starter razor. New, never used. Yes, this is the one the Pawn Stars guy hawks. It sells for $19.95 plus shipping normally, or $19.95 plus tax if you buy one at a drug store. Includes original instruction sheet and one pack of Dorco blades included, but no box. $10.00. REDUCED - $9.00.

[​IMG]

**WITHDRAWN** Weishi 9306c (Micro Touch One/Van Der Hagen, 2 of 2). Great starter razor. Used maybe 10 times max. Like-new condition. $9.00.

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Ever-Ready "1912" single-edge razor with ornate handle. Good+ condition, some plating loss but a very solid razor. I'm just not into single-edge razors. This doesn't come with the DE blades I mentioned above (why would it, it's a single-edge razor?) but I'll throw in a new Ted Pella blade with this. This razor has a beautiful handle and interesting comb design, and both the clamping mechanism and the "teeth" that hold the blade in place are in exceptional condition. Hate to part with this one because it is so pretty and solid, but I've decided that single-edge razors are not my cup of tea. $14.00. REDUCED! Now $12.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** GEM Open Comb MicroMatic SE (1 of 2). Shiny, excellent condition with a few very minor scratches on the head and normal wear elsewhere. Pretty razor... Of the OCMMs I have seen, this is one of the nicest. No bent or broken teeth, TTO mechanism works as it should. Including an unopened pack of 10 CVS (Personna blades, retail price was $7) $14.00. REDUCED! Now $12.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** GEM Open Comb MicroMatic SE (2 of 2). User-grade razor, average wear and tear, not nearly as shiny as #1 above but still very serviceable and in decent condition. No bent or broken teeth, TTO mechanism works as it should. No blades with this one. $10.00. REDUCED! $8.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD** Schick E2 Injector Razor with butterscotch bakelite handle (1935-1945 production, 1 of 2). Good condition, doesn't rattle or seem loose, no blades included. $9.00 REDUCED! $8.00..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD ** Schick E2 Injector Razor with butterscotch bakelite handle (1935-1945 production, 2 of 2). Good condition, doesn't rattle or seem loose, no blades included. This one has a slightly darker swirl in the handle. $9.00. REDUCED! $8.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**SOLD ** Schick G8 Injector Razor with ridged plastic handle (1946-1955 production). Good condition, doesn't rattle or seem loose, no blades included. $8.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back Row:

Aftershave:

Note: I would prefer to sell these aftershaves as a lot because of shipping costs and the effort in packaging these up -- so if someone wants the lot of three aftershaves below, I'll give preference to the person buying the lot and sell all three to you for $25 shipped CONUS. REDUCED! Now selling the full lot of aftershave for $20 shipped CONUS!!! (or see individual prices below).

[​IMG]

Aqua Velva Musk Aftershave Cologne, 3.5 fl. oz. In shatterproof bottle. Probably 99%+ full. Used once. SWMBO did not like at all, even though I did. $6.00 by itself -- or I will throw it in for free if you buy two or more of my remaining items!

**SOLD** Echt Kolnisch Waser "4711" Eau de Cologne After Shave, 3.4 fl. oz. bottle.
    Used twice sparingly. Probably 95-98% full or more. $12.00. REDUCED!- Now $10.00.

**SOLD** Captain's Choice "North" aftershave. Probably ~75% left of the 4 fl. oz. bottle. Great scent with bay rum notes and juniper berries. Again, one I liked a lot but which SWMBO did not. I think if you are a fan of bay rums in general, you will really like this one. (I tried their Lime and Bay Rum scents before and did not care for those, but this one I liked.) $12.00. REDUCED!- Now $10.00.

Brushes/Etc.:

**SOLD** Omega 10049 Boar Bristle brush. Black acrylic handle. Lathered about 8-10 times (meaning it has lost most of its odor) and in good condition. Unlike the Omega brushes shown on their site and Amazon, this one has no painted logo on the handle, but has the Omega logo and "Il Famoso Penello" and "Made in Italy" stamped on the bottom of the handle. Knot Diameter: 25 mm, Knot Loft: 63 mm, Overall Height: 126 mm. $12.00. REDUCED! $10.00.

[​IMG]

Bullgoose Shaving Vie-Long Lord Randal Mixed Knot brush. Green and black swirl handle. Beautiful mixed knot of natural horsehair and badger, nice mix of softness and scritch, with almost the perfect amount of backbone, and no residual bristle odor. Very nice faux horn turned handle. Knot Diameter: 23mm, Knot Loft: 55mm, Overall Height: 115mm. Previously owned by another TSD member, kept in excellent condition. I've only lathered with it 3-4 times. $40.00. REDUCED! Now $30.00!

[​IMG]

Vintage Shulton Old Spice Grand Turk stoneware shaving mug. Good condition, small chip in bottom, small crack on one side of handle (appears to be a manufacturing defect?). $12.00. REDUCED - Now $10.00!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Füme for Men Turkish shaving cream soap. 300 gram tub, classic barbershop scent with a sweet top note. Lathered twice, barely made a dent in the tub. >99% left. Really a nice soap/cream, but I have too many soaps right now as it stands. Normally only found on BestShave, but you'd have to wait a month or more to get it and it would probably cost more in shipping too. $9.00. REDUCED! Now $8.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! PM me with questions, requests, or to buy any of this. I can also post additional pics of anything you’d like to see from a different angle. I will ship promptly upon payment.

If you want to make me an offer on multiple items, I would gladly entertain such offers since this is the very last week I'm keeping this sale open.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    macintoshBR, JR Reyes and Omelmad like this.