Some great pricing moves by Gillette

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by engrsaks, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I think the Harry's razor is junk .I was a sub to DSC until I found out it's a Dorco and you can order straight from them cheaper . I rarely buy Gillette stuff in store. I have found interest in the India market where they sell what are "classics" here in the states .

EnglishChannel and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You and me both, pal.

[​IMG]

Hoss304 likes this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

That deserves the .177 caliber.

Spring loaded, even.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. Grick

Grick Active Member

Gillette's market share fell to 54% last year. That's why they have been lowering prices and promoting their older models such as Mach 3. In Europe, they have been pushing their disposables more and more such as the Blue 2 or the Blue 3 Simple. I have been using the Blue 3 Standard regularly and it's been giving me some of my best shaves ever. I get about ten great shaves out of one razor and the 8 pack costs less than 4€. Thus, it's ridiculous to believe that Gillette would put out inferior versions of their older models to make customers switch to the Fusion Proglide. They cannot afford to piss customers off. Once those people believe that Gillette has been slipping in quality, the brand name has been damaged. Customers would rather switch to a competitor than to the expensive models.

5. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

There is no doubt the Gillette products are top notch. I think the Mach 3 (still pricey) is still their finest cart system. IMV anything above 3 blades is superfluous. But they have been and are under siege by Shave Club, Mr Harry and others. I'm not sure they can ever "return to those thrilling days of yesteryear" of total market dominance.

6. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Gillette could dominate again if they started producing their injector razor with the twin blades again. I don't think they will bring back the DE razor because there isn't any money to be made in refill blades because the market is already flooded thanks to the internet.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

7. Grick

Grick Active Member

But the Fusion blades last about three to four times longer. The cost per shave is lower in the end. More blades are doing the work and therefore each single blade lasts longer.

8. brit

brit in a box

i agree,in my trade many of the necessary parts are discontinued so people with buy the new model...

9. brit

brit in a box

i started using de and all my ingrowns and irritation went away.i used carts for 33 + years . older technology worked for me..
    pretty easy transition...