Some things we found today...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Brian, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=202&pictureid=1609[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=202&pictureid=1611

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few things we (SWMBO and I) found at some of the local antique shops. Milk Glass and Brush: $2.99 Old Spice Decanter: $6.00 and Vintage Un-Opened Gillette Thin Blades: $2.00 I didn't think it too bad for getting some neat stuff to add to my collection.

Anyone else find anything good this weekend?

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

[​IMG]

Forgot to post this one. Anyone know how to judge the age of the blades by the packaging? I wonder about how old they are.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Nice glassware you picked up. I don't know about the blades, the old spice bottle, I've never seen one like that.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Thanks, it looks to have had after shave in it when new, but it is empty now. I figure I can swap after shave from the plastic bottles into this.

Also found a 4 piece gift set of English Leather (glass bottles) for $10.00, but I've never been a big English Leather fan. They said the only issue with the set was the deoderant was no good after all this time. Not sure if they are still making the glass bottles for that stuff or not.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Nice finds.:) I see English Leather everywhere its still in glass.One thing I see is that vintage colognes and some vintage aftershaves are preferred because of reformulations, might check basenotes and see if thats true for EL. If you put that brush on ebay it will sell for the handle alone. Vintage brush handles are now a hot commodity since reknotting became forum chic.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Good info on the EL, I'll look and see.

7. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

The Flying Cloud Decanter was made from 1985 to 1988.

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess I wasn't paying attention back in those days.