SOS 11Feb - 17Feb

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by madmedic, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Saturday AM

Hot shower
    SMF 1 brush
    TJ's Pre-shave oil
    Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar cream
    '61 Fatboy w/Derby Extra blade (Day 2) (4,5,5)
    Alum
    QED DaVinci Water
    Speick A/S splash
    Nancy Boy Cooling A/S Gel
    Floris Sandalwood EdT

Ugh. Went for ATG on my lower neck... sometimes it works... most of the time it doesn't. Today it didn't... BIG time. Have some serious redness, irritation and burning along my lower neck. Rest of the face... BBS. Not even extra Nancy Boy gel can help... I think I'm about ready to give up on a BBS neck most of the time. :( :( :confused: :angry021

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Jason, I'm with you.
    BBS on my neck ALWAYS means pain and suffering.
    Check your grain really well and go for 1 WTG then 1 XTG only.
    For me, my grain at the bottom grows from nose to ear so
    WTG would mean an E-W (W-E) swipe(s).
    I usually go for 1 S-N pass (XTG) followed by a
    SE-NW pass (more aggressive XTG but NOT ATG).
    Those 2 for me get the bottom managable but not BBS.
    And that's OK.
    =========================================
    B&B Finest in Ebony
    RarestGold Slant + Derby [#1S (3P+TU)]..... (I'm about to give up on the Feather blades)
    QED Vetiver soap
    AquaVelva Musk AS splash
    RNB Vetiver AS spritz
    RNB ASB
    Guerlain Vetiver EdT

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Joe, what a nice mix of creams and soaps, bro!

Jeff

4. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Word. For me, my lower neck all the way across grows straight up (S-N) so my initial pass for my face is:

Everywhere N-S (forehead to feet), except for, starting about halfway down my neck, I go S-N from the bottom of my neck on up, stopping again about halfway down my neck. That's the first pass.

On my lower neck, I do 2 XTG passes (E-W, then W-E) and usually stop there. When I'm feeling extra freaky (or extra suicidal) I then squeeze the middle of my brush to pull up all the extra-lubricious lather, and lather up well and then attempt a N-S pass on my lower half of my neck. 90% of the time, even when I attempt it, it turns out like today. For some reason(s) yet unknown, the other 10% of the time I get BBS, irritation-free... and MAN what a feeling! :cool: :cool:

I gotta narrow down my steps/technique/aligning of the stars somehow to figure it out. I don't *have* to have BBS on my lower neck everyday, but it would be nice to be able to know how to go for it on special occasions, without risking looking like the victim of the Boston Strangler or something...

Oh well.. the journey continues!!! Sorry for hijacking the SOTD thread... carry on soldiers. ;)

6. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Saturday 17th

Merkur LH Classic
    Derby Extra
    MP SuperBadger
    Wilkinson Black Bowl :cool:

Quick shave today, used the black wilkinson since it gives soo good skincare I dont need an aftershave !!

7. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

First shave in three days

Em's Pre-Shave Oil
    B&B Finest Brush in horn
    L'Occitane CADE SC
    B&B Razor in horn
    Crystal Stick Alum
    Thayers Rose

Attached Files:

8. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Hot shower

Muhle Pinsel SB.
    Dovo straight 5/8 (1st pass)
    Tony's Paddlestrop
    Fatboy /Rotbart Gillette, Fresh Sharp (2nd pass and touch up with Sharp)
    Total shaving solution Oil.(contains menthol)
    Colonel Conk Almond cake. ] Slather.
    Cella Crema Olivia . ] SLather
    VGH Alum stone.
    Azzuro Chrome a/s splash.
    Anherb as gel on wet face (using this instead of Thayers W/H )
    Anherb Conditioner.
    Eau du Tsar 2 spritzes on chest.. :drool

Well here goes shaving with just oil ? I dont think it can be done 100% but this oil comes close the TSS. I used quite some drops all over the wet face and use the Dovo straight on one side of the face lots then I saw it had taken off lots of hair and some smurry oil residue.. I decided I wasnt going to gamble with my face and a Straight and grabbed the Col. Conk and use lather on top of the oil. def. the oil helped. felt like a 2nd layer of protection all thru the shave. got extra moistur. and cooling due to the menthol. then I went for the extra menthol kill of the Gel..and to moist. even more went for the Anherb conditioner ahh more cooling.. I hope I dont turn Menthol Junkie T. Joe style

Face feels incredible and now im not sure if its due to the TSS or just because I stacked so many products on top of each other.

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Ugh....still with a cold...

Saturday:
    Hot towel prep

Taylor's Mini brush
    Proraso Cream
    Gillette Swede blade in Fatboy (dial "9")
    Dickinson's witch hazel
    Proraso LC A/S

The menthol helped open up the sinuses a little! Good shave today. I used to dial the Fatboy or slim down for the last pass, now I just leave it on "9."

10. DMS

DMS New Member

Appropriately for my first post in this forum I used Mama Bear soap today :D
    [​IMG]

11. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Saturday AM

Old Spice pre-shave wash
    C&E best badger
    54 Superspeed
    Vintage Gillette Super Platnum with an E2 on it
    Taylor's Rose SC
    Thayer's Rose WH
    Avon Pro Sport AS cond.
    Pro Sport EDT

Got a nice shave with a vintage blade. Got a pack when I got my SS red tip.

Paul

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Iceman please post in the relevant SOS there is one for 18th.
    I know it can be confusing I dont know why we have a new SOS for Sunday till saturday and start a new one on Sunday eachtime...

Let's change it its too confusing I like the other way around of SOS just start one from Monday to sunday eachtime..and a new one on Monday.. makes more sense to me ... but the principle is the same every 8th day a new SOS starts .

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Most people do consider Sunday the first day of the week. I prefer to think of Monday as the beginning of the week myself.

I think your suggestion is a good one Rene. Monday-Sunday for the SOS threads. I'll edit this week's SOS to continue until the 25th. That way we can start next week's SOS on Monday.