SOS 3-10 Feb 07

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Will, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

It’s weird, I was shaving with my new crappy Feather DE and I was surprised to see I had very good results, on par with those of my Merkur. It all comes down to technique. When you’re skilled enough, any DE tool will do the job.

However, while I was doing my second pass, I thought “Oh, crap” and I took my Feather AC and achieved a near perfect shave with a blade on its 11th round.

I think my DE days are over. I don’t enjoy the “variety” DE offer me anymore. That will be something straight razors will provide from now on (well, when I receive my Tony Miller strop). No, my Sticky is not for sale. It’s the most beautiful DE ever produced and it will be a nice ornament.

B&B Finest Ebony
    Feather DE / Feather blade => Feather AC / pro-blade
    D.R. Harris Arlington
    Floris Santal

Sorry, no creativity today:

[​IMG]

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Better not let my four horses here you say that. They shave too you know. :)

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:shocked003 don't tell them I said that :shocked002

4. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Thursday

Merkur Slant w/ IP
    C&E Best Badger
    Ugly Mug Bay Rum SS
    alum
    TOBS Bay Rum AS
    Burts Bees Bay Rum ASB
    Burts Bees Bay Rum Cologne

I got the Ugly Mug soap in a trade, so today was the first time I used it. I got a very nice shave, except for one spot on the jaw line where I got careless with the slant. No actual cuts, but razor burn city.

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

b4 bed.....

Omega Elegant Brush
    Merkur Rare Gold Slant + Feather [#2S(4P+TU)]
    TJ's PreShave #10
    C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream + ColConk Amber soapy H20
    Aqua Velva Musk AS splash
    RNB ASB
    Master BayRum AS cut w/ SCS BayRum with a Twist EdT
    ===================================
    ...went for the inspection shave today and was not disappointed.
    I think after 8 months of this I'm finally learning how to shave my neck w/o butchering myself...:signs021

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The Royall is nice, but its not the best....if that helps.

The alcohol content is for real, and it has nice menthol effect too, but there is better out there. Not to mention, I have some new Ogallala on the way - we'll see how that goes :happy088

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

......you gotta be kidding me.
    That razor was made to shave, BABY !!
    I remain at the Head-of-the-list.
    DIBBS !!!!

MoAllen likes this.
  8. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Thursday

Merkur Futur/Derby Extra
    Sabini Terracotta in Super
    Proraso Green SC
    Proraso Pre/Post
    Proraso AS Splash

SCS Very V EDT

9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

LESSER Man ? Lol....:happy102

Seriously 4 shaves with a Sharp..? you have amazing Voodoo skills..:whacky025

I think the overall experience everywhere is 3 shaves but like I said you might have skills your not aware of.. or aware of.

take it easy you have 1 face, but millions of razorblades out there...

10. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Thursday morning do-over

Em's Pre-Shave Oil
    Shavemac 23mm horn
    Speick SC
    Merkur HD w/ Gillette Swede blade
    Crystal Stick Alum (not pictured)
    Thayers Rose
    Speick Splash (not pictured)

This was my do-over from last night's terrible shave. Muuuuuch better!

Attached Files:

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Excellent photo M- :signs154

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Rene,

I am not crazy I swear. I did it on purpose to test the Wall Street ASO (after shave oil).

No shave today but I have a surprise for you tomorrow. Stay tuned!

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday:

Omega brush
    Parker 22R/new 7AM
    De Vergulde Hand shave stick
    St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer
    De Vergulde Hand a/shave spray

a work of art of a shave today--my lovely wife just loves the scent of the De Vergulde Hand soap and a/shave!

Jeff :happy102

14. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Thursday's

Very refreshing morning.

[​IMG]

15. Will

Will Nevermind

Another Bay Rummy!

Nice John.

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah - can we have some comments on the "Pussers"? ::mat

17. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

I'm ALL about the Bay Rum. I think I was a either a pirate or spice trader in a former life.

18. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Pusser's is my favorite bay rum. First, the bottle is so cool. It’s made of porcelain with a cool metal screwtop stopper, definitely old world and high class. It looks like it has been hand painted too. Think wealthy plantation owner. It’s the only bay rum where I can actually smell real rum. I guess that’s because it’s made by a real rum distiller. It comes off first and fast, and then you get the bay rum scent. Funny though, the bottle doesn’t list the ingredients. It has a medium bite, compared to say Dominica. Bay rum just isn’t bay rum without some bite. The bite is good. Leaves my face cool, refreshed, and smooth. My only complaint is that the scent doesn’t last long enough and the price--$35. Almost good enough to drink.

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

How would you compare the scent to Dominica; and...have you tried St. John's? (ps - there's a Bay Rum discussion going down in the pre/after shave thread ;))

20. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

It's been quite awhile since I've tried St. John's, so I can't give an accurate comparison. I think Pusser's has a more complex scent than Dominica. It probably has something to do with the actual rum. Don't get me wrong, I like Dominica very much, but it's more tradtional. The Pusser's is similar but with added depth and complexity. It smells like a handcrafted aftershave made with love and care in small batches by people who take pride in their product. Afterall Pusser's makes great rum, they probably take the same care with their aftershave. BTW Pusser's W.I. Lime aftershave is just as outstanding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.