SoS: April 15, 2013 - April 21, 2013

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Sunday
    Pre: Hot shower
    Soap: MWF
    Brush: TGN 22mm Super Silvertip
    Lather: Face
    Razor: EJ89dl
    Blade: Persona Blue (4) and 3 passes
    Aftershave: Pinaud Classic Vanilla

Heading out on a business trip, the next 4 days will be using a Speick shave stick, Omega synthetic, G1 injector with Personna blade and Arko Cool balm

Gairdner, dcc, ChiefShaver and 5 others like this.
  2. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Sunday 4-21-2013

Edwin Jagger DE86811 w/Astra SP
    Proraso PSC
    Klar Kabinett SS (Thanks PanChango)
    GT G4 Scuttle
    Natural Bristle Boar
    Thayer's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    Aqua Velva Musk ASL/Cologne

Got a sample of the Klar Kabinett SS from PanChango to try this morning. It is a great SS with excellent performance characteristics as well as a slight Rose scent. The sample had a very fragrant Rose scent but when lathered it was very faint not overpowering at all. In comparison with the C.R. Salter "Wild
    Rose" SC; I would say the Salter's was much more fragrant when lathered than the Klar Kabinett. In comparison to the Classic Shaving Brand Rose SS; the CS SS was slightly more "Rosey" scented when lathered than the Klar Kabinett. The KK is an outstanding value given the quantity of the brick you get for $20. bucks! The shaving performance properties are excellent and the scent is very pleasant and not over-powering. I topped the shave off with the AV Musk ASL/Cologne and it paired very well indeed. Gotta get me some Klar Kabinett SS in the near future! :happy088:

Shave Photo 200SM.jpg

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Sunday:

Cetaphil Face Bar
    Shave Secret Oil
    Williams Mug Soap
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue
    Afta Fresh
    Brut
    Omega 49 Big Red
    Expert Barber 400
    :happy036:

4. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Sunday morning, April 21, 2013

Schick E2 Injector with Personna blade (9)
    Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
    C O Bigelow shave cream with hot water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

COB 1.JPG

5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Having driven 160km (around 100 miles) today to haul in a wooden bambus bowl from IKEA (yeah well not only that, but it added to the story, right?) I decided to break in my newly aqquired Super Speed Flare Tip today.

[​IMG]

Shower for prep with Matas Face Wash regular version.
    Lathered up Arko with my Semogue 1520 in the new bowl. Great size for lather and good shape also. I have too many bowls, but that's another story... ;-)
    Loaded the SS Flare Tip with my trusty blade, Shark Super Stainless and went to town. Great razor, different than my Mühle R89 but not so different that I needed to think about it, as when I went from the Merkur 15C to the Mühle. 3 passes with touchups on the chin/neck.
    Cold water rinse, National Alum block applied and few minutes after, rinsed off with loads of cold water.
    Finished it all off with Wiliams Ice Blue After Shave.

Great sunday :)

6. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

RR hammer
    Wilkinson sword
    Sara-s recipe pre shave oil (lime scented)
    Dvh boar
    Vitos red label
    Pinaud clubman

Dfs today. I think I made the oil a little thick with castor oil, I'll dilute it a little next time. I'm moving shortly so all my shaving gear is packed and I have to dig for everything.

7. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Saturday/Sunday

Razor: Gillette New LC
    Blade: Polsilver SI
    Brush: Omega 10029
    Soap: Arko
    AS: Old Spice

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

hope you are fine?!:)

Here the equipment of my just endet Sunday-shave:

-Soap: SIR Irish Moos shaving stick
    -Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
    -Brush: HJM Black Synthetic Fibre
    -Blade: Polsilver in 3-passes
    -Aftershave: Bello Bay Rum

[​IMG]

A very nice shave.I used SIR Irish Moos for the 2nd time today.Now i wonder why i´m not using it more often...:angry032: Such a great soap!!! It lathers up well and gives a very good cushion.So,i had a very nice shave.The Aftershave had done the rest.I love the smell of Bay Rum.First it stings a bit on the skin for a few seconds but after that the feeling on the skin is outstanding.:love029:

So,i hope you have a good time. Take care of you.

Lovely greetings
    Thorsten

9. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Gairdner and crackstar like this.
  10. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366571746.409871.jpg

Sunday morning!

Axe Chilled facial wash
    Prosaso Pre-Shave
    Barbasol Soothing Aloe
    Schick E2 Injector with Schick blade (3)
    Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman's

An amazing smooth shave, a happy DFS!

11. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

This was my first shave with my Merkur Futur and it was educational. Shave-wise, it was comparable to my last shave with my Slim Adjustable, which I guess means my technique was pretty much the same. I used my trusty Wilkinson Sword blade on the 1.5 setting. The things I think I learned: I would have had a better, closer shave with a better shaving soap/cream; and it's time for me to try another blade, as the Wilkinson / Merkur combo - though not bad - wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. I will try my Astra SP next time and see how that does. It could have very well been that my settings could have stood to be higher, maybe 3 or 3.5, but I will change the blade first and keep it at 1.5. All that said, I got a DFS out of it. I handled the razor with respect but I can see that there was no need to be tentative, just slow. From someone who used to HATE shaving, the journey was very relaxing and satisfying.

Pre: Shower, mild scrub with Shea Moisture Shave Facial Scrub, steamy towel, Anthony Logistics Pre Shave Oil
    Razor: Merkur Futur (maiden voyage, on 1.5)
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic
    Soap: The Homebody Montego Bay Shaving Soap (6/10 - lather was good, but lubrication was lacking, even with Pre-Shave Oil. Noticed this before but thought it was me...)
    Post: Warm rinse, styptic pen, cool rinse, Oil of Olay Toner, Anthony Logistics A/S Balm, Captain's Choice Lime A/S (have really grown to love this stuff!) Shave4222.jpg

12. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sunday - Israeli Themed

Gillette #66
    Personna Plat.*
    MEM Olive SC*
    Proraso Splash
    Sea of Spa lotion*

It was a fantastic 2 pass shave!! Yesterdays was awful and caused serious pain...but today made up for it. My Israeli shave products have the best skin car qualities out of all my supplies. The MEM shave cream puts MWF to shame...even though that is the best soap I have. If you get the chance...I would recommend getting some MEM! ;)

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks so much, Veli. I also expect you to let me know when you need any of the creams which I sent you and it'll be my pleasure to repeat it!

14. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Tabac Sunday!
    4/8 Rebell from herzi
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Ceramic bowl
    Tabac shave stick
    Cold water splash
    Splendid!

15. GarGuy

GarGuy Well-Known Member

16. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

Saturday

Schick G8 Injector with modern Chinese Schick blade
    Simpsons Colonel X2L in best
    Trumper's Coconut shaving soap
    Barbershop Bay Rum
    Astral Cream
    Old Spice Vintage Shulton cologne

[​IMG]

Sunday

Edwin Jagger DE89L with single shim & Personna 'Lab Blue'
    Hand carved New Century brush in Ash & pure bristle
    Ingram Quality Lather Shave
    Blue Stratos AS
    Astral cream with English Lavender EO

[​IMG]

17. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

+1 on the MEM Olive. KLF sent me some last year and I found it terrific! He also tells me that he's sending more - woohoo! :happy093:

macaronus, Leo K. and lradke like this.
  18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My wife originally brought some back for me when she went to Israel on a trip. Then a kind member sent me more! I love the stuff!

macaronus and Bird Lives like this.