SoS: April 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 30th April 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp. (D1)
    Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP.

(Face & Head shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend. (UK)....Having recently reacquainted myself with the Feather Hi stainless i was curious to try a head shave with the R41 paired together with the Gillette Perma-Sharp another blade that i hadn't used the for a considerable amount of time so for the full week I'll be reacquainting myself with it with my German made DE razors as i did in my previous week shaves.

The Muhle R41/Perma-Sharp duo paired together wonderfully feeling smooth and very efficient, not in the same league as with the Feather Hi Stainless, but very near...Using the lightest of touch and treating the razor with the upmost respect the duo mowed through my stubble with effortless ease.

An enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Enjoy the start of the long bank holiday weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Shark day 4
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash

Any colder than this and I think my face would have fallen off - this Glacial Citron soap and aftershave pack such a POTENT menthol sensation as well as a gorgeous scent. The soap’s tallow formula gives it such fantastic lather that’s so rich, slick, and protective, the menthol starts freezing you immediately, and you can’t get better skincare. The Prep needs no explanation because it’s so great, and the Glacial Citron aftershave is another menthol atom bomb - not only that, the scent has very good longevity. I enjoyed my three passes and had a wonderful BBS shave!

Great shaves to all - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

B58C9009-C09F-4796-B992-C3D286C11221.jpeg SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, APRIL 30, 2022

As I was going through my DE blade collection, I found these oldies but goodies circa 2012. Sharp Star blades, as the name implies, are sharp and incredibly smooth. Not in the same league as Feather, but no slouch either. They mated with Madame Barbasol for a magnificent noggin shave. Nothing need be said about the Wade & Butcher 13/16 mug shave, every bit as good….

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 13/16 (Mug), Barbasol Floating Head (Dome)
    BLADE: Sharp Star
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
    CREAM: A&E Shaving Butter
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

4. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Charcoal Goods Gen3 Level3
    Chiseled Face Imperial Handle
    Kai
    Yaqi Sagrada Familiar 2 Band
    MDC Original Soap
    Aloe Vera
    Old Spice Musk Aftershave
    chiseled face imperial brass.JPG

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220430.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg
    Tom White Week v.3D

Cold Water Rinse
    Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #434
    TiBr Wabbit 3D
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #434 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TiBr Wabbit 3D Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good morning everyone!

Yaqi Mercury razor head.
    Signature Shaving SSC59 stainless steel handle.
    Astra SP blade (2).
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Lakewood Soap Company Smokeberry shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.

Awesome shave this morning. This is a new head Yaqi has out and I'm very impressed with the little fellow....fit and finish is excellent. It is a very comfortable mild shaver and for 9 dollars and some change you cannot go wrong.

Happy Saturday everyone!

7. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

IMG_20220430_175237_466.jpg
    Fatip Lo Storto Originale
    Dorco ST-301 (2)
    RazoRock Keyhole
    La Toja SS
    Hega Upsala AS

Have a great day!

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have one in the mail also and bought the Zamak Telstar, slant and the Knights helmet also. I'm on a aggressive kick lately for cheap razors and these came up on the cheap so why not.
    I always like to have mild razors around and this one looks similar to the Yaqi SS Tile but 1/10 the price I paid for the Tile.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    Smooth Steve, ilts, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday, April 30th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Tile 316 SS head- Mfg 2021> mild range razor, I use a extra wide Kai blade to knock it up a notch for slightly more blade feel, well built on this version for QC, looks similar to a Henson razor. I seem to get excellent shaves with this razor.
    Blade : Kai SS (10) excellent blade, wider by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000" per side. Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Razorock XXX- one of my favorite scents with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm mysterious space silver tip[​IMG]- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather generator.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Tile razor with a Extra wide Kai SS blade.
    SOTD April 30 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

10. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Flare Tip / Feather Blade
    Fine Accoutrements / Green Vetiver
    Yaqi Synthetic 20220308_095447.jpg 20200509_134423.jpg 20220428_163156.jpg

8/19/1942

11. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Saturday shave

Lather: Denton Majik unscented
    Brush: Oscar11 with HIS knot
    Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89
    Blades: Shark Super Chrome, Dorco ST-301
    After: witch hazel and aloe splash

Today I wanted to try a new blade. I have had a package of Shark Super Chrome for a long time without trying them, so I decided to give them a go. Unfortunately, I gave up before even finishing the first pass -- the blade was uncomfortable with tugging. It just didn't seem sharp enough, especially on my chin. There was no point going any further with an unpleasant shave, so I put in another blade new to me, Dorco ST-301. This was much better! It wasn't the sharpest blade ever, but it took out my chin whiskers comfortably and I finished my two pass shave pleasantly. I will definitely give these blades more attention in the future.

Too bad about the Shark blades: the labeling is so cool, I wanted them to work!

20220430_071959~2_copy_1280x1036.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  12. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Saturday April 30, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
    Razor: Henson Mild
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have an awesome Saturday!

IMG_9545.jpg

13. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SATURDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Olivier Creed
    [​IMG]

Shampoo - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gold Label
    Bath Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gold Label
    [​IMG]
    Fragrance - Creed Royal Mayfair (bottle signed by Erwin Creed)
    Aftershave - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gold Label
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gold Label
    Deodorant - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gold Label
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Mysterium Serum"
    Razor - Antique Gillette ABC "Empire" Razor circa 1908-1912 (fully restored/re-plated in rhodium by Razor Emporium)
    Blade - [​IMG] *3rd Shave
    Razor Stand - ThinkGeek Executive Knight Pen Holder
    Brush - London Cutlers Modified/Restored Antique Silver Synthetic-Boar Shave Brush circa 1890
    Brush Stand - Jac Zagoory's Butterfly Pen Stand
    Soap Mug - Antique Northwood Dandelion Amethyst Carnival Glass Mug circa 1912

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The poor reduction from yesterday’s shave required a follow up today. This fine Filly did the trick :chores016:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Filarmonica 13P Novodur 6/8
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

B022B9FD-14CD-4D2D-B81E-B0CEABDA4C10.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

15. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here is my Wednesday Shave (27.04.2022)

F9C6E9D1-84A2-4A9D-AA14-95D2CEAFF1FE.jpeg
    Razor: Mulcuto Schrägschnitt // Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium // Soap: PAA CaD // Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite // Aftershave: Fine American Blend

What a fantastic shave this was. Can you imagine that this PAA CaD is my VERY FIRST PAA soap?! Why did i wait so long?!

The scent is absolutely fantastic and the lather even better. Skincare, Volume, Hydration, Post-Shave Feel…and this is „only“ the CK-1 Formular. I am blown away…this wonderful brush had no problems whipping tons of great lather, even with a 10 second load as described on the tub.

The razor was a pure joy to use. Direct, but not aggressive in 2 passes plus touch-ups. The blade paired very well with the razor.

Last but not least the Aftershave, which smells quite similar like the soap.A menthol sensation to smooth everything out.

I had a blast.

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

You will like the Mercury....mild but smooth.

I also bought the alloy Telstar but I have not tried it yet.

Take care.

MrDaniel's, awk-m4 and Ron R like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.