SoS: April 27, 2015 - May 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150501.JPG
    Friday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    ARKO Extra Performance
    Jayaruh WC1 Silver Tip
    Schick E2
    Personna Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    FD Old Spice

Injector May. The ARKO Extra Performance shave face-lathered well with my Jayaruh WC1 Silver Tip badger brush. Two passes with my Schick E2 razor and a Personna Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then FD Old Spice after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

April 30

Stirling Sheep facial soap
    Merkur 37C slant bar razor
    Feather blade (day 1)
    Omega 98 Professional boar brush
    Arko & glycerin
    Two passes plus touch-ups
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Alt-Innsbruck

I had another great, although rushed, work day shave with this set up. I am definitely an Arko fan now that I've used it consistently for the past month. Tomorrow will be my last shave with Arko for awhile. I will summarize what I've learned this month as well. I plan to begin my Mayhem shaves on Saturday.

I hope everyone had a great Thursday!

SOTD_043015.jpg

3. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Gillette Super Adjustable P-2 (1970)
    with Astra S.P. blade,
    Edwin Jagger STF XL brush ,
    Lather-up with Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper,
    finish with water, Witch Hazel
    and Clubman Bay Rum for a DFS!

[​IMG]

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Cold water shave at work...

•Gillette Techmatic
    •Barbasol can o'goo
    •umm...that's about it really

3 pass BBS. Techmatic requires a bit more pressure than the usual DE but the tradeoff is, it's hard to nick yourself, which at work is always good. Followed up with Floid Black, which sample bottle's top came off while dispensing and spilled all over my hand, so I had to wash it off and make do without. Now I'll be bringing BRUT! or maybe Burma Bey instead.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If I didn't change my mind twelve times, I didn't change it once. Here's what I finally decided to go with for Friday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/SuperMax Blue day 5
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

After not using anything mentholated for today, I decided to go all-out for tomorrow and I think I selected a damned good set-up. The Glacial Spearmint soap definitely seems more frigid than it did last time, as if it wasn't frigid enough back then and the lather is MUCH easier to work up. I also cannot get over the wonderful post-shave feeling it gives. The Gold Bond moisturizer adds so much extra cooling, and slapping on the Penguin feels like an ice-cold shower. The SuperMax Blue blade seems to be winding down a bit but I'm sure it'll last until Monday. ;) :D

I wish everyone a great weekend in advance! :)

6. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 4-30-15

Razor: ATT H1 plate with MR1 handle
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (new)
    Soap: Catie's Bubbles Tonsorial Parlour (sample)
    Bowl: Steel
    Brush: VDH Boar
    Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry, then apply the alum block

Razor: As usual, no complaints! Liking the H! very much! Today was the 5th time using it.
    Blade: First time with this blade and I am not sure it is as smooth as either one of my favs, the Platinum Lux or the Astra SP's but the sharpness is there! It worked fine but they also have a ton of glue/wax on the blade from the packing/sealing on the inside wrapper!
    Soap: First time with this soap and it is very nice stuff. Lathered easy and alot of it. Great slickness and protection! Post shave feel is also great! No issues at all but I cannot quite pinpoint the scent!

Comments: Shave was very good and close. I got a DFS/BBS on most of my face and neck. One small nick/weeper by the corner of my mouth and just a slight irritation on neck area on one side based on the Alum block. All in all, a great shave with no issues with any gear used!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.
    SOTD_043015.jpg

7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

So Im not the only one struggling with what to use. I keep changing my mind until I snap a pic, them Im set. Unfortunately i might look at every soap in the den first.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    vwp528, Llyr, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  8. crackstar

This happens to me quite often these days. I have so many items to choose from, but lately I keep on going back to the Glacials. For the weekend I'm sure it'll be something different.

vwp528, Llyr, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  9. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SOTD - Thursday, April 30, 2015

Shower
    Prep: Homemade PSO
    Brush: Klenzo, TGN Finest
    Soap: B&M Ferox
    Razor: Merkur 38C
    Blade: Astra SP (4)
    Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

1 May Plan

[​IMG]

11. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Razor.. edwin jagger de89
    Blade.. ladas
    Brush.. whipped dog sythetic
    Soap.. stroppe shoppe barbershop

[​IMG]

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Ahhhh there we go...Another Russian shave for May Day! Love it comrade! A happy International Workers' Day to you!:bounce017::eatdrink047:

GDCarrington, Boojum1, vwp528 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Planned Friday SOTD
    [​IMG]
    Merkur 180 razor
    Polsilver SI blade
    Omega boar brush
    Myrsol Emulsion preshave
    Mystic Water Jasmine soap
    Myrsol Plastic Shave AS

It will be the third day in a row using Myrsol Emulsion and Im hooked on the performance of this stuff. Im looking forward to trying MW soap as its been in my den for awhile unused. The Merkur was my first DE razor and it hasn't seen much use since RAD set in.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  14. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

TGIF SOTD 5/1/15
    Razor: Gillette New LC - Rhodium
    Blade: Super Iridium (D7)
    Brush: Korn D55 Stonite 26mm Super Silvertip
    Bowl: Doug Smith 5" Shaving Mug
    Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
    Pre Shave Oil: AOS unscented
    Shave Soap: Klar Kabinett
    Aftershave: Florida Waters

[​IMG]

15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Arko April Finale!!!

image.jpg

Have a great Friday!
    :)

16. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Thank you Joe :happy088:

Slow Joe, vwp528, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg

May 1 SOTD:

Homemade PS Oil
    Vie-long Horsehair Brush
    Latha SS
    EJ Chatsworth Barley
    Gillette Nacet
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Latha Post Shave

18. crackstar

Man alive, was this shave ever rapture - the Glacial Spearmint's delicious scent filled the bathroom while I was lathering up, and when the brush made contact with my face the menthol sensation walloped me so hard that it almost took my breath away. Yes, it's DEFINITELY stronger than before! :)

19. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

5/1/15
    Another 2 pass fantastic shave!

Prep: shower
    Lather: St. James Mandarin & Patchouli
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061M horsehair
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Merkur Super (4)

[​IMG]

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Star 1912 style razor
    CVS carbon steel blade
    VDH Luxury SS
    FS Best brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Pinaud Lime Sec cologne

Nice Friday shave, smooth and comfortable.