SoS: April 4, 2016 - April 10, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

SOTD
    Route 66 Lumberjack
    Doug Korn brush
    Gillette Toggle set on 6
    Feather blade (4)
    Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Old Spice AS
    Have a great week!
    [​IMG]

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :):):)

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    SOTD: Monday, April 4
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Semogue BC Mistura
    194- Gillette Parat
    Feather (4)
    Agua Lavanda Puig EdT
    [​IMG]
    There's something very soothing about lavender. The C&S is a complicated, yet ethereal version and it's beautiful.
    The quality of the soap is high and provides a slick, smooth, protective lather.
    Last shave with the Feather blade. (4 and out is my policy)
    The Parat is a solid shaver and easy to maneuver.
    The Agua Lavanda Puig finished off a refreshing shave.
    Have a great day!

4. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sweet photo Roby!

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

MONDAY
    Jumbo frame back morning with this large IXL vintage blade from George Wostenholm & Son. Rich Martin de Candre 'Fougére' lather and Fine 'Snake Bite' finish. A wonderful shave.
    Have a great Monday, all!

[​IMG]

6. ram57

Thanks Robert!

7. ram57

Thank you!

8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you Guy! :)

9. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

April 4/2016

Razor: Durham Dorset
    Blade: Durham Duplex (2)
    Brush: VDH Badger
    Soap: Italian Barber
    Pre Shave: Homemade
    AS: Gillette AS Gel
    Newspaper date: Nov. 7,1943

The 2nd shot at this Razor, much better, don`t know if it`s more experience or the other edge was sharper(??). But with the 1st 2 passes WTG, the 2nd pass was MUCH smoother and easier to navigate than the 1st. I will eventually find a sharp blade for a BBS, by golly! The 3rd pass ATG Actually was the smoothest of all, cleaned most everything up. a couple of small areas, you guessed it, my neck. Got a better than average DFS than i expected, so I`m satisfied. Wishing BBS out comes for all.

Bill 100_2407.JPG

10. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

4/4/2016 Menthol Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

Prep: Hot shower with Neutrogena Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Cobra Classic, Hamburg Concave Quick Cutter straight razor
    Blade: Feather Professional (2)
    Brush: RazoRock Plisson Monster
    Soap: Barrister and Mann - Arctique
    After: Home made ASB, Nivea cooling after shave balm
    Cologne: Insurrection II

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  11. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

SOTD 4/3/16
    Prep: Hot Shower/ Nivea Men's Face Scrub
    Pre-Shave: PAA Ice
    Soap: SC Passion
    Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip
    Razor/ Blade: Merkur 1906/ Voskhod (1)
    Astringent: Witch Hazel
    Post-Shave: SC Passion Balm
    Aftershave: Captain's Choice Sandalwood
    Sorry for being gone, yet again. This is my busiest time of year with my second round of midterms this week and finals coming up in about 2 weeks. Just trying to finish out the year strong, so my interests have been put on the back burner. Shave was great. The Northeast got more snow last night so using something warm!
    [​IMG]

12. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

SOTD Apr 4 2016_x.jpg
    Black Black Bird // BSB-2 Silver Tip // SV Flying Mango

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Morman Bridge, Llyr and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Refrigerator passed away last night. Back tomorrow.

Morman Bridge, Jayaruh, ram57 and 4 others like this.
  15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

ist die Gletscher Obsidian Seife der Lage, einen Duft, oder tut die Nase einfrieren, so dass die Frage strittig zu halten?

Morman Bridge, Llyr and crackstar like this.
  16. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

You have my condolences...
    [​IMG]

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Die Mentholwirkung von dieser Seife ist so stark - dass ist genug!

Morman Bridge, Tdmsu and Llyr like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko April in Russia!

April 4

Razor - 1959 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Brush - Vie-Long 12705 The Horse
    Soap - Arko
    Post - Cold water rinse, Alum, The Veg

No response yet to my email to the Motherland. It is now 8pm there and I suspect they are working on Russian time (meaning there's not really a priority on anything but vodka) or the dumb American and his bothersome questions are a laughable minor distraction. So, onward and forward. Today's blade, the Sharp Star. This is a platinum blade (maybe with teflon?) that is not listed on the mostochlegmash website but it still available if you know where to look. I was able to acquire a full card of 100 of these last year and have just started on those. I had a tuck previously to get started.

Lather today courtesy of the Vie-Long 12705 that my wife commandeered for a bit until finally deciding to steal my Pro 48 for her shaves. Yah, I'll need to be ordering one of those again if I ever want to use one. Anyway, Arko, of course, is the soap of the month and the horsie did a fine job getting a lather off of the face lather. With one exception.......this thing really holds water. I mean soaks it up. Like, you could use this to help drain the water from New Orleans during a hurricane. And, my grip on this brush usually involves a thumb and two fingers at the base of the knot. Well, try face lathering while squeezing (unwittingly) a river of water back toward that lather you're building. I have cleaned the sink, mirror, floor and every other surface in there that got covered. Really nice lather though.

First pass with the Sharp Star and I remember why I like this blade as well. It's not quite as smooth as the Platinum Lux but it gives a lot more audible and tactile feedback. Very comfortable, just like to talk a bit while it's working. First pass was very nice, second pass XTG and I had DFS. I decided for a few touch ups and left it at that. Won't chase the baby on my day off.

Great shave and I hope they're still churning these out. That's one of my burning questions when they respond. We'll see if I just have to burn out!

Ivan is on his way back. Will be arriving prior to the start of MAYhem. Said he bought a car with a great security system over there. Looks like a sweet ride!

[​IMG]

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097:

20. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpeg Razor: Gillette 195 Fat Boy (f1) 1960 (5) (3)
    Brush: Vintage Ever-Ready 300L with TGN Silvertip 18/51 by ObiDon 2015
    Mug: Old Spice (early glass Mug 06) 1961 - 1964 First Mug with a taper last without a lip on top
    Cream: Geo. F. Trumper's Coconut cream
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Post shave: Thayers Cucumber WH, Jack Black balm, Vintage Avon 1981 California Perfume and Co. Anniversary Bay Rum

Another of my favorite Old Spice mugs. It has ribs inside that helps whip up the lather with the Silvertip. My FB is still my favorite razor and as usual, made quick work in 2 passes WTG XTG. A little touchup on my neck ATG on 3 and done. I had enough lather left over for another pass. The WH felt good, nice and cool. After cleanup some JB and when it dried, some Vintage Avon 1981 California Perfume and Co. Anniversary Bay Rum. Have a good one y'all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.