SoS: April 4, 2016 - April 10, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:..:sport026:

Billy..:chores016:

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

SOTD Apr 10 2016_2.jpg
    BBS-1/Hempel // Shavemac // Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have a harder time getting my head around the scent.....:signs002: The performance is fantastic but I usually dont use cologne with it as the scent doesn't match anything.

Primotenore and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

upload_2016-4-10_17-19-40.jpeg

Number six, Redfisher and Billyfergie like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

SOTD
    TSD Bourbon Vanilla soap
    Doug Korn synthetic brush
    Sensation straight
    Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    TSD Iced Egyptian Spice AS
    Happy Sunday!
    [​IMG]

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Beautiful pic!

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What do you think of Proraso shaving "cream".(that is...in a can).?

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Never tried it my friend! (And don't intend to either!)

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's Sunday and we all know what that means. We start a new SOTD thread tomorrow HERE later tonight or early tomorrow morning I will close this thread.
    Happy shaving!
    Kerry :)

11. Robyflexx

upload_2016-4-10_20-18-55.jpeg

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Sunday Shower/Shave
    [​IMG]
    Shower- Noxzema facial cleaner, Dr. Bronner's All-One Hemp Peppermint bar soap
    Pso- Homemade grapefruit PSO
    Brush- RazoRock Plissoft
    Razor-Gillette Slim on 9
    Blade- Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Soap- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Gondolier
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    ASB- Nivea Sensitive scented with grapefruit EO

Ice cold shave tonight thanks to @Joef and @Robyflexx. I used ice water for everything tonight; soaking the brush, making the lather, rinsing my face, everything. It was wonderful! First, it felt great, very refreshing, second there was zero irritation. Three passes again tonight and I'm BBS. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko April in Russia!

April 10

Razor - 1959 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Soap - Arko
    Post - Cold water rinse, Alum, The Veg

Sunday, Sunday. Late and short day for me so I slept in. A bit later than expected but that's ok. Had time to have some coffee and get my shave on before heading off to sales land. Moving on to the next in our Russian blade parade. The Rapira Swedish Supersteel. This is a popular blade with many and I have always had good luck with it. It's never made the top of my list but hey, not all can. It's still far better than most other choices, at least from past use.

This is one of the four blades listed on the Mostochlegmash website, and the description is Лезвия изготавливаются из высококачественной суперстали фирмы «САНДВИК», Швеция и имеют покрытую хромом и тефлоном режущую кромку. Это делает бритьё приятным и лёгким. Got it? Good. Oh, ok, here's the English -

The blades are made of high-quality superstali company " Sandvik " , Sweden, and have a coated chromium and Teflon cutting edge . This makes shaving easy and pleasant .

That is the direct translation from Google, bad grammar and all. So, the steel is from Sweden, and chromium and Teflon, which was news to me when I started this month. I love Teflon, so let's give it a go.

BoS and Arko for the monster lather, and the first pass was good. Notice I didn't say great. Better than average, but not a smooth as the other blades I've used this month. Second pass, XTG, still not as smooth and the end result was a barely DFS, not the BBS I've had from the others at least once with two passes. Third pass, ATG and slides and I finished with a high level DFS. But not the baby. If it wasn't a trial month I'd call it a fantastic finish. But, the competition with its litter mates is high! Two more days to see if it will smooth out and produce the baby. But I'm not going to complain. The Alum was equally quiet with the others so no worries there.

I keep having difficulty staying in touch with my crew, such as they are, and finally got in touch with Anatoly today. He's in charge of IT and communications for the cartel. He sent me a picture of the repairs he made in the equipment in Russia. Looks like he's improved his skillset! Maybe now I can get them home on time. Hope you all had a great Sunday!

[​IMG]

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Another great shave. This time it was with my Schick Adjustable with a twin blade. No fuss, no muss, just easy whisker whacking goodness leaving me smooth as can be. Sometime the shaving gods are with you and I seem to be on at least speaking terms with them at the moment. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Geo Trumper Lime Shaving Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick Adjustable M2
    NOS Personna II (3)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Schick Adjustable w:AOS GT TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

Vesalio, alfredus, NCoxSTL and 13 others like this.
  15. Robyflexx

:happy036: So happy it worked so well for you Ben! Beautiful bowl!:happy036:
    [​IMG]

Billyfergie and ob1page like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY SUNDAY
    20160410_211205(0).jpg

Prep: Musgo Real orange amber
    Razor: Maggard MR 18c
    Blade: Rockwell (5th shave)
    Brush: omega s synthetic
    Soap: TTFFC Ignite (sample)
    Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

2 pass shave this morning. Got a slight burning sensation, which hopefully was a one time thing. TTFFC makes some great products and the lather was very nice. The blade will be retired after today, they are not terrible, but not great either. The Thayer's Witch Hazel is something I found at a local health food store yesterday. It has much better ingredients than regular store brand WH, so I figured I would give it a try. It feels nice on the skin, and so far so good. Hope everyone had a great shave!

17. Number six

Thank you.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Number six

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

New SOTD is HERE

crackstar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.