SoS: August 11, 2014 - August 17, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

What a find............still can't believe it!! Big Time Congrats!!!!

PatrickA51, Omelmad, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Pretty brush.

3. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday
    hot shower
    Duke 3 in best
    Proraso PPB :love055::love055: :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    Stirling MITA :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Schick E3/Pella Coated (4)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Tend Skin
    Stirling MITA WH :love055::love055::angry021::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Hanae Mori HM edp

Great 2 pass face,1 pass dome,for BBS all around!

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ever since I discovered these Stirling Glacial soaps, with a few other exceptions most other mentholated soaps and creams feel almost insignificant in their cooling effects. There are some creams which are theoretically mentholated, but you'd just about never know it. When I use the Proraso Blue cream I can detect a slight, but pleasant cooling feeling from it. The Proraso White soap is definitely cooler but the coldest one is still the Green. :)

PatrickA51, ram57 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140815.jpg
    Cold Water Shave

Dove Men's Face Wash
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic
    NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector Blade
    CWR
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

Today, I continue to shave completely with cold water. The Cella Crema da Barba face-lathered very easily with my Semogue 1305 Boar brush. Two passes with my Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic and a NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. The blade came to me from @maltedmilk (thanks buddy). The Gillette PP blade was excellent for the first shave. It was very sharp and comfortable. The second pass was more of a touch up pass. Now, we will see how long it goes. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    PatrickA51, Adonis, Ryan B and 20 others like this.
  6. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

SOTD 14 AUGUST

Prep- Irish Spring and hot towels
    Soap- Sterling SDM
    Brush- Ever Ready 500pbt Pure Badger
    Razor- The Oxford Razor, Germania Cutlery Works, with Birdseye Maple Scales
    AS- Swiss Army ASB

[​IMG]

PatrickA51, Adonis, Ryan B and 22 others like this.
  7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Gary's Finest Badger
    Lather: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
    Aftershave: Barbasol Pacific Rush

Attached Files:

8. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Shave for Aug 15, 2014

RazorRock Muguet de France shaving soap
    Omega Synthetic
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem Blue Star Super SE blade
    Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
    Pinaud Clubman
    Lucy the cat

I think this RazorRock soap will last forever. The Ever-Ready is my favorite SE razor.

DSCN0040[1] (800x600).jpg

9. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

When I first started using the white, I could feel the cooling menthol, but not any more, and I don't think I've ever gotten that effect from the green. I do get the feeling from Margaritas in the Arctic and 444 AS, but neither lasts as long as they used to. I fear I am "climatizing" to the menthol :angry017:

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

FRIDAY
    Evening shave for Tomorrow
    A pleasant 3-pass with the Henckel; the scent of the PP 'Oak Moss & Sage' is growing on me. ;)
    I 'm beginning to enjoy the scent more than when I first opened the tin, as it thought it a bit 'overpowering.'
    Early rise for me in the AM.

Have a blessed Friday, all!

[​IMG]

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Nice idea with the spray bottles. Do they spread the AS with a big "cloud" or is it more concentrated?

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 5
    Stirling Black Ice SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

Although this Black Ice soap is nowhere nearly as frigid as its "cousin" which is the Glacial Obsidian, it's still very nice and cooling and it has terrific lather with a lot of skincare. The Anherb conditioner together with the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel ensured a perfect potent freeze for me after this great shave. It felt so good and I'm absolutely BBS. ;) :D

Have a great weekend, folks! :)

13. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Frey's Day:

Prep: Hot Compress, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal facial cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Beeline Boar
    Soap: RazoRock Cumba Cheech croap
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Big Ben SS (1)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (1, 2)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, RazoRock Cumba Cheech AS lotion
    Cologne: Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d' Orange

I have yardwork to do, weather permitting, so I held off on the shower (and the cologne), but the shave went forward as planned. Face-lathering with the boar is such a different experience than the same procedure with my best badger: so much 'skritchier' and more exfoliating. The RazoRock really is effortless to lather. I'm also glad I decided to retire the last blade, as this one showed how tuggy the last Big Ben was actually getting, even with the Piccolo's more aggressive profile versus the 41c. DFS achieved, with no injury or irritation.

14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20140815_071342.jpg today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    Parker pure badger
    Yardley gold
    Schick Krona
    persona lab(2)
    crusella&co aqua de ruda
    today's shave was nice. I had not heard of Yardley before. I got it from the box tour. it is very nice shave cream. I got a great shave with it and the krona. finished with the ruda.
    hope y'all take time to stop and smell the flowers today

15. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD August 15 - Straight Razor-a-thon

Vacation shave

Prep: hot shower
    Razor: G. Wostenholm and Son Celebrated I.XL
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Proraso White
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

As I've said earlier, one of the reasons behind my straight Razor-a-thon was to see if I could get a straight razor shave completed within my weekday schedule. And I can. Today I wanted to try and stretch my shave out, so I slowed down and took my time. The shave didn't end up being that much longer and I don't think I gained much from the slower pace.

There was one benefit to not caring how long the shave took; I made the right choice and went back to my den to grab the alum. I need to get in the habit of keeping this in my straight kit, it really helps to stretch the skin and get a closer shave.

So close I could almost call it BBS. I'm still feeling my face trying to tell if it's residual stubble or dry skin... Regardless it was a nice shave. some tugging and irritation but nothing serious.

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is more concentrated. I spray it where I want it and spread it with my free hand. I believe I am using probably half or less what I would if I poured it into my hand.

PatrickA51, ObiDon, Stroker and 6 others like this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Friday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Cocoa Butter Bath Soap
    Soap: Barbiere di Figaro-(Tcheon Fung Sing)-Mistero
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Blade: ASCO Red Box (1)
    Brush: oscar11 TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Fine American Blend

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Mistero today. Great TFS soap from BdF! I loaded a new ASCO Red blade in my Slim. This is only the second ASCO Red I have tried. I got an excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Fine American Blend.

Bob

[​IMG]

18. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: Custom Boar by Steve Brown Swirl Handle
    Soap: TOBS – Mr. Taylor
    Razor: Merkur 41C 1904 OC
    Blade: Voskhod
    Splash: Wal-Mart Witch Hazel 86%
    Post: Brut Original Fragrance Moisturizing ASB & Master Well Bay Rum AS

The 41C is officially my smoothest shaving razor! At the very least, it’s my smoothest OC razor....

Ease on down to That Shave Life!:yoda

19. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

8/15/14

Prep: warm wash with Stirling Naked & Smooth
    Lather: St. James Mandarin & Patchouli
    Brush: Vie-Long Lord Randal mixed
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Persona Super (7)

I pulled out a Derby blade for the photo, in case the Persona decided to give up the ghost mid shave, but it completed its 7th shave without much of a noticeable tugging issue. This is the second time I've used this cream. It whipped up plenty of lather on my face. I will need to use it for a day or two to decide what I think of it. My face is a little tender after the shave, but it may be the blade. I'll change it out tomorrow and see what happens.
    [​IMG]

20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thats what I wanted to know =) thanks. The "dispenser" on my oldspice bottle Lets to much out, I started putting my finger over the hole to regulate the amount =)