SoS: August 11, 2014 - August 17, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day

Pre- Hot shower + homemade PSO

Soap/cream- Mitchells wool fat

Brush- Turkish #6

Razor- Mühle R89

Blade- Astra SP(2)

Post- Cold water rinse and Nivea ASB

First shave with MWF. Cant say it was a very successful but it was successful =P

I got better lather than yesterday, i think i needed more water =)

I got a bit cocky and went over the chin area and under my lower lip to much. And also, I tried a new "facial expression to get that area cleaner. Resulted in nicks and razor burn. And I think I will get razor bumps by tomorrow. I think I will let my skin rest tomorrow.

[​IMG]

I wanted to try without Aftershave, but uhmm... I needed it

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Same as yesterday

Razor: ER 1924
    Blade: GEM
    Brush: Muhle Black Fiber
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat

One pass comfortable DFS.

[​IMG]

3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I like the handle on that brush. :happy036:

PatrickA51, Llyr, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to see my Aunt. She isn't going to recover but she is feisty as heck , so who knows. Can't talk and or swallow right side totally paralyzed. No feeding tube she has a DNR in place. She is in a Hospice, they (we really didn't expect her to last the night) I talked to my cousin that lives closer to the facility where she is at. Was told that she seemed to improve. slept thru the night well. She did recognize me and my wife. She also recognized my cousins and their spouses. She was able to open her eyes and look around, when you touch her had she was able to squeeze with her left hand. So only time will tell. The Dr. from USC Verdugo Hills Hospital (I'm told it's one of if not the best stroke centers in California) says the stroke was bad enough they do not expect her to ever recover from it to the condition she was the day before she had it. So she will have to be in a Nursing Home from now on if she even survives. So only time will tell.
    Today was a no shave day. I spent most of the day trying to recuperate from the drive to the San Fernando Valley area of LA County from south San Diego County.
    paid $3.68 a Gal for gas in San Diego, @ a Chevron station. Gas across the street from the Hospice was $4.59 a Gal. @ a Chevron station also, and people say San Diego has higher gas prices than any where in Taxifornia.

Llyr, GDCarrington, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

You're making me hungry, with the bacon reference.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Prayers buddy! My sister is a hospice nurse, my wife is a nurse in a facility. Some folks graduate from hospice, meaning they recovery. I paid $4.09 a gallon the other day! Back in 1979, it was 63 cents. I worked at a service station in high school.

7. PatrickA51

You do not want to know what we paid for dinner at a restaurant that my parents always went to in San Gabriel, Ca. It cost us more for dinner than it did to put gas in my truck in San Diego. (I topped off my front tank. 28gals. and I topped off my back tank 12gals.) you do the math.
    Front tank 55gals. rear tank 25gals. front tank after market rear stock tank.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Llyr, ram57 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Saturday Morning Shave
    Razor:
    Gillette Fat Boy (7)
    Blade: ASCO (3)
    Brush: Vie-Long White Horse Hair
    Soap: Proraso Green
    AS: Barbon

9. PatrickA51

Don't try to make me feel old! I remember when I could go to the Service Station (that's what they were called back when I first started driving) They washed your windows, they checked your oil, gave obscene amounts of S&H Green stamps or Blue Chip trading Stamps. and I could buy a full tank of premium Gasoline Richfield Boron Gasoline (100 octane) or Chevron Custom Supreme Gasoline (100 octane) for 13.9 a Gal. Buy a carton of Chesterfield Cigarettes or Pall Mall (I smoke non filter because the kids I went to high school with wouldn't bum them) if there was a "Gas War" going on I could get 3 cartons. And still have enough left over out of a $20,00 bill to go to Oscar's Drive-in (parent company of Jack in the Box) (Local San Diego Ca. Drive-in Chain) with my girl friend and have a Hamburger and a Malt.:shocked003:
    Also being as I was a "Navy Brat" I could buy a carton of Cigarettes at the Navy Exchange for $1.20 a carton. Didn't have too much trouble buying them on base, but sometimes if the neighbor lady was working there she wouldn't let me buy them, but then I would tell her they were for my Mom or my Dad. That was one reason I smoked non-filter cigarettes. My Dad Smoked Pall Mall and my Mom smoked Chesterfield. So I usually got Chesterfield. They also had trading coupons on the Chesterfield package. one on each package and an addition sheet of 20 coupons in the carton. You could get things like you could get with S&H Green Stamps or Blue Chip Stamps. My Mother gave me enough trading stamps to buy a Philco Stereo Record player https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philco. When I Graduate from the 6th Grade to the 7th Grade.

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey man....my prayers and best thoughts to you and your family....These are the times that try men's souls...."

BTW....when I was in Turkey paying 4.50 a litre for gas, I thought you guys had it pretty lucky....course now I'm back and crying with you.....ha,ha...But over there they pay a little more for a litre than we pay for a gallon....Whew..

Service Stations?....Ha! When I was a kid, I WAS one of those kids who checked the oil and washed the windshields...ha,ha...As a teen, I used to get alot of young chick drivers smiling and flirting when I washed the windshields....great gig...ha,ha...That was another diminsion, those times we're talking now...whew!

So today's shave is brought to you from that era...

Hot whisker rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Omega boar "baby pro"
    1914 Ever Ready/GEM Blue Blade d1
    1955 Schick Eversharp Hydro-magic/EMS-Personna d?
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue/Pinaud Clubman AS

First 2 passes with my 1914 and 3rd ATG clean up pass with my Schick.
    Attain a very close.....maybe too close BBS....but a quick splash with Ice Blue Aqua Velva made everthing cool....20 minutes later a good splash with the Clubman left my face soft and smelling great for hours....

Have a great weekend every body....;)

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    whipped dog silvertip
    Stirling sandalwood soap
    1906 Gillette new standard
    persona lab(3)
    virgin island bay rum
    old spice
    today's shave went well.I used Stirling sandalwood, thanks box tour. it is very easy to face lather. my oldest razor never fails to give some of the closest shaves. very smooth today. finished with bay rum and a touch of old spice.
    y'all have a smooth weekend. 20140816_070106.jpg

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 6
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

I'm going to make my barber eat his heart out when I go for a haircut today when he sees how beautifully-shaved I got. Man oh man, for those of you who tried the Stirling Black Ice soap and think it's cold, well it certainly is but trust me - it's warm compared to this Glacial Obsidian. My eyes started tearing as soon as I started lathering up and that damn freeze got stronger and stronger throughout my shave. By the second pass it felt almost painful. The 444 balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo brought that freezing effect to a new level. ;) :D

13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Saturday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Cocoa Butter Bath Soap
    Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap-Woody Lavender
    Razor: Gillette Slim [6]
    Blade: ASCO Red Box (2)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip-22mmx48mm
    Aftershave: Clubman

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

LASS Woody Lavender-a “Top 5”. The ASCO Red and my Slim are still friends. I got another excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Clubman.

Bob

[​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll pray for you all.

Tdmsu, PatrickA51, crackstar and 4 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140816.jpg
    [​IMG]

Dove Men's Face Wash
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic
    NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector Blade (2)
    CWR
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Cella Crema da Barba face-lathered very easily with my Semogue 1305 Boar brush. Two passes with my Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic and a NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. This was the second shave with this great blade. So far, so good. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I remember S&H green stamps!
    Excellent GreenShave
    I decided to go mild for my first shave after the iKon Slant pass around. GreenShave is loaded with face friendly ingredients, like Shea butter, aloe, and other beneficial oils. The lather is a bit more dense than other creams, but it feels great from the first pass. I used the eucalyptus scent, and it paired well with Fine Platinum. My SC101 smoothly and easily removed stubble, leaving a DFS with no weepers or irritation.

Prep: warm shower
    Cream: GreenShave Eucalyptus
    Brush: Rubberset 400
    Razor: iKon ShaveCraft 101
    Blade: Personna lab blue (1)
    AS: Fine Platinum
    [​IMG]

17. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: GBS Pure Badger
    Soap: Headblade Head Slick
    Razor: ’66 Gillette Slim Adjustable
    Blade: Topaz Stainless(2)
    Splash: Thayers Natural Remedies Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Astringent
    Post: Nivea Sensitive ASB & Fine Classic AS – Platinum AS

A moderately frosty shave this morn. The Head Slick cream has a mild menthol that creeps up on you and by the 3rd pass it’s pretty icy!...

Get the chill at That Shave Life!:smiley freezing:

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Today's (8-16) Shave ...

[​IMG]

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Saturn's Day (Speick Saturday):

Prep: Hot Shower, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal facial cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Cream: Speick
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Big Ben SS (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (3, 4, 5)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Speick AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

Today's 3-pass shave was brought to you by the letter 'E,' for 'excessive lather.' Using the 'Marco Method' of bowl-lathering, in roughly 60 seconds I had enough shaving-yogurt to shave BigMark's avatar. With all that Speick lather, it simply seemed a shame to stop at 2 passes, so I went for the ATG pass. As a result, my face is nearly as BBS as it was back in middle school. I had no nicks, weepers, or irritation, though I can still feel the alum's sting as I type this up. The amount of pressure I need to use with the Big Ben in my notoriously aggressive FaTip seems to be a bit less than 'just the weight of the razor head,' so concentration was key, particularly with all the lather making the handle slick.

20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That sandalwood is out of this world