SoS: August 15-21 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by rodd, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Sunday!

Hot Shower
    Green Marvy Mug
    Omega Pro Boar
    Williams
    Lord L6
    Super Max Super Platinum (1)
    Cool Water Rinse
    TSD Mango Coconut ASM

Excellent shave, this razor did not disappoint! :happy088:

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Shawna, I need a little advice from you - how do you get a good lather with the Williams soap? Every time I buy it, after a couple of times, I end up to use it as a shower soap. :ashamed001:

3. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%! Tet-a-tet is a wonderful choice on par with ASB or ASB w/cologne. I found the cream works even better if I lather it on my face, let it sit for a minute or two, then 'relather' above the first layer and then shave. I found the initial pass to be smoother and better glide and protection. It seems, Tet-a-tet needs a minute of two for 'kickstart'. It can be something else, though, as I do the same 'lather-wait-lather' thing with many of my soaps and creams. It works even if preshave balm is applied.

crackstar likes this.
  4. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Sunday Night
    Razor: Seehund 1015
    Brush: Vulfix 2235
    Cream: Trumpers Limes
    Its been a good day. In June I injured my hamstring while doing a flashy kick in martial arts and having taken things easy it now feels as though its pretty much healed, so I got out on the bike with my local cycling club and did a short (30 mile) ride and tonight its feeling fine. We stopped half way at a café and I had a coffee and slice of Key Lime pie; so todays SOTD carries on that theme.
    [​IMG]

Sodapopjones and Asd like this.
  5. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

This Williams is a vintage puck, I think Jeff said from the Beecham (sp?) era. While I normally whip up my own soap, Jeff actually did this one for me. ;) Maybe you need to try a vintage puck?

crackstar likes this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have a puck of modern Williams in rotation. I soak my boar for a few minutes while in the shower. I give it a shake to get the excess water off the brush and then go at the puck. It will build up a frothy slag that I put back into the mug and keep lathering. If needed I dip the tips of the brush in water and get it to a just about usable state in the mug. From there I go to the face and continue to work it in a circular motion. Once it looks like it is getting good, then I use paint brush strokes and finish with a nice thick rich lather. The whole process only takes a minute. Building a lather with Williams is similar to getting a good lather from MWF.

crackstar, Asd and GDCarrington like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Boar brushes seem to react better with modern Williams, at least for me anyway.

8. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Recycling yesterday's pic, as this will most likely be my setup for the whole week.

Merkur Progress @ 2.5ish
    Voskhod (2)
    TGN Silvertip Badger
    AOS Lavender Pre Shave Oil
    T&H Lavender Shave Cream
    Nivea Sensitive AS Balm

Dubbing this the High Society setup as it's easily my most expensive stuff. Not that I don't love the cheaper stuff, Godreg and Arko are the top of my list, and I love my $12 Omega Boar. That being said, this stuff really does make you feel like a million bucks. The two new variables are the Pre and the shave cream. Day 3 on the T&H and I finally got it to come into its own. Used a little most product and a wee bit more water and BAM! It exploded forth with thick frothy awesomeness. Very comfortable and protective shave cream. The AOS oil seems really good too - It's my second time using it and I think within the week (or I hope within the week) it will make a big difference in the whole neck area. I set the Progress pretty mild since my last shave was barely 16 hours ago, but overall a really great shave. 4.5/5

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks Dale and Shawna! :)

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Shave Of The Day ~ August 21st

• Hot Shower
    • Turkish #6 Horsehair Brush
    • MWF
    • Clix Razor
    • Voskhod Blade - Day 2
    • Thayer's Witch hazel/Osage Rub Blend
    • M&L Florida Water <--- Thanks to MFA
    Was a quick, comfortable shave, then out the door to pickup the HP Touchpads. :)

11. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Finally got my replated new razor head in :).

Hot shower
    Hair conditioner preshave
    Godrej Rich Lather
    Vulfix 404
    CoonCat Custom New (made with custom acrylic leftover)
    Voskhod (1)

This blade and razor combo has always provided the smoothest shaves I have ever had. Don't feel any tugging... not even the hairs cutting you can hear it slightly however that is muffled but the mounds of lather and smoothness of this amazing blade :).

My whiskers are all ...
    :sick013:

12. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

iKon OC Bulldog
    Iridium
    New Forest 2211
    RazoRock XXX
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.