SoS: August 22-28 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by rodd, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I hear that, we spent our vacation in Wildwood crest and did th same thing. Morning at the beach, afternoon at the pool. The daughter would take a nap and I would shower and shave. Its never as fun without the wife and kid, but I also enjoy having the bathroom all to myself. A big bathroom with no waiting line is kinda cool you have to admit. Meals tend to suck, I get tired of eating alone, or worse eating on the run.

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

• Brush: Omega Banded Boar
    • Razor: Parker 91R
    • Blade: Dark Blue 7 O'clock
    • Soap: TSD Coconut
    • ASM: TSD Iced Mojito
    sotd82811.jpg

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Shave Of The Day ~ August 28th

• Hot Shower
    • Music: Pandora ~ Heart Radio
    • E.J. Badger Brush
    • Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Cream
    • Lord L6 Razor
    • Voskhod Blade
    • Thayers Witch Hazel/Osage Rub Blend
    • Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

4. MarkStar

MarkStar Well-Known Member

Sunday, August 28, 2011
    Vtg. Merkur Slant (#2)
    Opal Brush (re-knotted)
    Arko Commando Creme
    Arko Commando AS Gel

[​IMG]

Dridecker likes this.
  5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks! I turned the handle out of a piece of acrylic. I really dig the color. It has black, silver, and purple kind of swirled. The little brass nut actually was at a local hardware store. I had to run the bolt that screws into the head through a die a couple times to get it to fit properly, but I like the way it turned out.
    The handle that came with it was split and sharp. I figured this would be a nice way to put it back into service. :)

6. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Wow Mark, that is a big honkin picture; what is that? Russian Arko a/s? Looks my Hoffritz slant

7. MarkStar

MarkStar Well-Known Member

That's just one of the Arko shave gels. (I got it from ShoeboxShaveShop). Merkur made the Slants for Hoffritz so I belive the only difference is the finishing quality.

8. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Monday
    Razor: Kukri
    Cream: Trumpers Sandalwood
    Brush: New Forest 2213
    Result: Top notch, very near but not quite BBS any closer brings irritation for me.
    [​IMG]
    Another great day, visited local caves with the family and tried, again, to get this razor right. Its been sharp and pretty good but alas the toe end hadn't wanted to hold as good an edge as the heal. After a couple of dozen laps on a dragons tongue and then 30 on a coticule the toe is now matching the heal and the edge is fantastic.​

PanChango and MarkStar like this.
  9. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Very cool! I know that they are making the low-fi Holga lenses for digital SLR cameras that yield some interesting blurring and vignetting, so I was curious if that had been what you used, or something similar. No matter how you get to a cool image, it's a cool image all the same! Thanks for the info about that. :signs021:

10. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Have a great day everyone and after mowing the lawn last night, it is beautiful to walk around early this morning; also, just watched BG's clip of Mantic Monday with "Bangles"? I really enjoyed it; is it a reference to Mantic 59 shaving blogs? or just a rushed Monday....glad its Thursday:git:

La Toya soap
    Rooney
    Futur
    Iridium....can't get over how great these blades are
    Paul Revere with EMS injector for touchup....or probably just because I like to use it
    Floris Special No 127 rFinest Floris Futur irid .JPG

Jeltz and MarkStar like this.