SoS: August 4, 2014 - August 10, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 3, 2014.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

That sounds lie a very profound statement.
    I do not know you , but I feel as though I have known you all of my life. Again congratulations for all of your years together.

Stroker, GDCarrington, Llyr and 5 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday:

Proraso Green Crema Pre/Dopo Barba :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 3
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

Icicles in my face once again from this fantastic set-up which I carefully selected. The Proraso pre/after shave cream started the ball rolling, the Glacial Obsidian soap's menthol effect struck with a force which felt like a ton of frozen bricks and the Rubby Dubby Doo completed the job very nicely. BBS in two effortless passes. Man, I love those Rapiras. ;) :D

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Feather Portable
    Perma-Sharp Super
    Semogue BC Cerda
    Palmolive Shave Stick
    Alum
    Superior 70

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Stirling Lampasas
    Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Viking’s Sword (2)
    Brush: oscar11 TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

I got to use a new Stirling soap today: Lampasas. It is a “You have to be a Texan” experiment Rod was playing with: Texas Sweetgrass, Cedarwood, Sage, and a tiny bit of BBQ Pit Smoke. Good smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished up with Fine Platinum.

Bob

[​IMG]

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20140806_072107.jpg 20140805_185403.jpg today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    kent infinity silvertex
    Williams menthol mug soap
    Gillette fatboy(d4)(7)
    persona lab(3)
    aqua velva ice blue
    today's shave went well. late night fishing, up early. lucky I could see straight, weeper on end if my chin. it's all good. new to me brush, did fine. made lather out of Williams soap nicely. thanks again JR Reyes. same razor as yesterday, same great results. finished with ice blue. caught and tagged a nice blacktip last evening. the Lord blesses.
    y'all have a blessed day

6. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Odin's Day:

Prep: Hot shower, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal facial cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Beeline Boar
    Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood shave stick
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (2, 3)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Aveeno Active Naturals ASB
    Cologne: Le 3mme de Caron by Caron

I decided to take advantage of the technicalities of my self-imposed scent rotation to give myself more opportunities to work with the Ogallala shave stick, in the hopes of producing a decent lather. I had to apply and then wash off the preshave balm, and use twice as much product as I do with any other soap or cream in my rotation, but I finally managed something that looked decent. . . for about half the shave. I may need to find a replacement bay rum, as I don't know if this one is for me. The shave itself turned out to be DFS, though there was some tugging and a goodly bit of sting from the alum.

ObiDon, fram773, crackstar and 21 others like this.
  7. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 bone handled Bismarck Razor Works
    Cella
    homemade horse
    Very nice shave with a typical German made razor. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

ObiDon, crackstar, Troy M and 24 others like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Wednesday:
    hot shower w/British Sterling scented body wash
    Homemade PSO
    Gillette RedTip 3 passes
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Black (1)
    Omega boar
    Sample Mix cream in a warm mug
    Thayers w/aloe
    British Sterling AS

Combined a few remnants of cream samples together to use them up but didn't shake my brush out enough so I ended up with a mountain of lather that was thinner than I like. I was tempted to add more product but I already had such a huge mound I went ahead and did my best to make it stick.
    Lotta noise from the RedTip on the first pass. Sounded like I was using an SE and made me wonder if thicker lather absorbs some of the audio or if I was just benefiting from a fresh Black Ninja in an aggressive razor.

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

WEDNESDAY
    A late night shave last night with the Rodgers.

I'm getting used to the size and shape of this razor—not just a large, smiley blade, but the longer scales as well.
    I had one of my better SR shaves with it. It has a completely different feel from the full-hollow, 5/8 blades of the 'typical' SR.
    A memorable shave! :)

Have a great Hump Day, gents!

[​IMG]

10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Am I hallucinating, or is that handle a bit shorter than the ones you typically use? It's a nice looking brush with the horsehair contrasting the white.

11. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Wednesday 08/06/14

Prep: Gaia face scrub
    Oil: Shave Secret
    Brush: 20mm Whipped dog set deep
    Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery
    Razor: 1912 EverReady SE
    Blade: Gem Blue Star
    soap: my french soap mix
    with a touch of
    TOBS Almond
    Witch Hazel: Generic scented with Almond

This was an extremely nice 4 pass shave with excellent results. No burns, weepers, irritations, etc. I didn't feel anything when I used the alum. Wow! What a shave.

fram773, crackstar, Troy M and 23 others like this.
  12. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

8/6/2014

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash, home made PSO
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip, Wade & Butcher Bow straight razor
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair 23mm knot
    Soap: TSD Lanolin - Sub Zero Ice Mint
    After: Home made ASB, Barbon after shave
    Cologne: Aqua H2O

A cooling and comfortable Darn Fine Shave +. The TSD Sub Zero provides a nice cooling sensation and great skin care. The Barbon after shave keeps the cooling feeling going. The Aqua H2O will keep me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

IMG_20140806_075012.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    ObiDon, crackstar, Troy M and 23 others like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Belated Happy Anniversary to Jayaruh!

WSR Wednesday
    Got a great shave with Synergy Chocolate Bourbon soap and my SC101. The lather was near optimal and easy to build. Everything worked very well. As Johnny Bench used to say - no runs, no drips, no errors.
    [​IMG]

14. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Wednesday
    hot shower
    Semogue BC Mistura
    Proraso PPC :love055::love055: :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Face:Muhle R41/Polsilver (3)
    Dome:EverSharp Hydro-Magic/Pella Coated (5)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Tend Skin-I usually only use this when I have a ingrown or razor burn,but I'm gonna start using this full time now.So far I'm liking the results.
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055::love055::angry021::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cerruti 1881 Black edt

Today's shave was very smooth,I had to do a check to see if I indeed was using the R41,Rod's soaps are so slick they can even tame the infamous R41 :D

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

fram773, crackstar, Troy M and 20 others like this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

SOTD 6 August 2014...

[​IMG]

16. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD August 6 - Straight Razor-a-thon

Vacation shave

Prep: hot shower, Proraso white preshave
    Razor: G. Wostenholm and Son Celebrated I-XL
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Proraso white
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG) + XTG

Switched to my Wostenholm Celebrated for today's shave. The edge is in better shave then the canuck and I was able to get a much smoother shave, even risking an XTG pass. This left me nearly BBS on my face, and DFS on my neck.

vwp528, crackstar, Troy M and 19 others like this.
  17. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Prep: Axe Peace Face Wash
    Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
    Blade: Voskhod
    Brush: Chopped Made Rite Finest Badger
    Lather: C.O. Bigelow
    Aftershave: Barbasol Pacific Rush

I got near BBS results. I used as much menthol as possible in my Den. I needed the wake up call. Welp, Leif woke up. I guess I need to get him. Bye fellas :(:D:D;)

vwp528, TSimons, crackstar and 18 others like this.
  18. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

iKon Shave Craft 101
    Personna Med.
    Thater 4125/0 Fan
    B&M - Lavanille**
    Nivea - Energy A/S

By Kilian - A Taste of Heaven

** One of the Best smelling Lavender scents I have used!!!!

ObiDon, vwp528, TSimons and 19 others like this.
  19. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Wednesday

Prep: soak brush, wash with CeraVe facial cleanser
    Soap: The Shave Den unscented soap
    Brush: Oscar11 custom boar
    Razor: iKon ShaveCraft 101
    Blade: Super Iridium
    After: Cold rinse, CeraVe lotion

After yesterday's pleasant shave, I wanted a repeat with the same outfit. Great, comfortable shave again today.

[​IMG]

vwp528, TSimons, crackstar and 17 others like this.
  20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Razor: iKon Dlx OC
    Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D1)
    Brush: Lijun 24mm Finest Badger
    Bowl: Dirty Bird 1.5 Scuttle
    Pre Shave Soap: MRGLO Lime
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Iced Citrus Mint
    Shave Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
    Aftershave: Nancy Boy Cooling AS Gel​

Received the Arlington SS in a trade and though the thick, rich lather was there as others have noted, this particular puck had no citrus aroma that I could pick up. Thinking that my sinus issues had kicked into overtime I had my daughter give it a whiff and at first she said no aroma at all then stated a light aroma like her boyfriend aftershave but lighter. Last month I had given him a bottle of HBG sandalwood so not sure what shave soap I was given in the trade but since my face is irritated with any Sandalwood I can rule out sandalwood as I had no reaction at all with this puck. Maybe an older puck or one that was aired out for some time but I was pleased with the overall results of this shave soap except the lack of fragrance. Believe I will be keeping this triple milled soap. Have a great day everyone.

[​IMG]

ObiDon, vwp528, TSimons and 21 others like this.