SoS: December 19th ~ December 25th, 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Smoothy, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Jack Black Beard Lube
    Rudy Vey restored Butterscotch vintage Simpson's with Silvertip knot
    Spieck SC
    EJ with Ebony Handle
    Super Iridium Blade
    Osage Rub
    Tet-a-Tet AS Balm
    music-Shostakovich 10th Symphony

-Merry Christmas Shave Den friends. No time for a pic today.

2. fatkid

fatkid Well-Known Member

Ok folks 2nd shave of the day. Had to take the Feather AS-D1 for a quick test drive.
    RazoRock saop
    FEATHER AS-D1 with feather blade
    OMEGA FINE BADGER BRUSH

1st impressions are,WOW! The feather is like a racecar. Smooth,sleak and light (compared to my fatboy ).
    For those who say its a mild razor was....well....um.....Lets just say they probably didnt have the angle right or were confused by the lack of sound. I'm 1 who never really payed much attention to the "angle" of the razor more the "sound" of the cut. I had to change that quickly as the AS doesnt make much sound while cutting. The blade is dampened in such a way that vibrations of the blade cutting is null. This also effects the "tug" feeling with the blade being held at such a steep angle the it seems to glide under the stubble if this makes sence. I guess a better way of stating this is the "bevel" of the cutting edge rides against your face instead of the cutting edge itself.This is where the Feather gets it irritation free cut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Very nice Colonel Luke!

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Sledgehammer
    Treet
    Swarvoski
    Tabac
    L'Occitan
    L'Occitan EDT
    sotd122511.jpg

Johnny, Jamie Mahoney, Hanzo and 6 others like this.
  5. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for being out for such a long time. We're closing a year, so I was in trips throughout the region. Finally I got back home and I'm so happy it happened BEFORE Dec 31 :). Anyway, it is so nice to be at home again!

8/8 W&B restored by Glen ;) (yes, again!)
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Tabac SC
    Ceramic bowl
    Cold water splash

Great DFS!!!
    Merry Christmas to all, wish all your dreams become true that coming year and all of us will be in love and peace with our close ones!

6. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

She was better in time for Christmas, the fever was gone this morning and has stayed away all day. The antibiotics and fever reducing stuff seemed to work well togther.

I have been a couple of times, when I stay at the Holiday Inn on packer Avenue. I usually go there when I have to work at the Sunoco Refinery.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  7. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Today my mornin shave consisted of most of my new goodies I got for christmas.....

TOOBS Rose Cream
    Merkur 34C
    Merkur Blade
    Baxter of California ASB
    Col. Conk badger brush with beechwood handle
    Col.Conk chrome shave bowl

This was a DFS!!! The merkur combo was beyond what I imagined!! Nice and heavy and that blade sliced like a hot knife through butter! The Baxter ASB has a very good smell to it IMO.....id recommend it for sure! And the rose scent of the cream is pretty powerful and can be a bit overwhelming at first but it dies off and leaves a lingering scent on your face for a good hour or so even after I applied my balm....the brush was an awesome latherer and not too stiff and not to soft.....it was a very enjoyable shave...only 2 passes and It might as well have been called BBS !!!

8. Mechguy

Thank you for your prayers. Had me a bit nervous, she never had a fever that high, and we were minutes from heading to the emergerncy room that night. We had been talking to the nurse on duty and she was very helpful and patient.

She should be 100% tomorrow after another night of sleep and some food.

Johnny, Jamie Mahoney and crackstar like this.
  9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

God should bless her and you, and your family and keep you all healthy and strong! :)

Johnny, Jamie Mahoney and Mechguy like this.
  10. Mechguy

Thank you, that is very kind. She seems much better now, but it did have me a bit nervous.

Jamie Mahoney and scott wein like this.
  11. Mechguy

Nice I see you worked the duck in as well.

12. Mechguy

Sunday 25 December 2011, Merry Christmas!!

The daugher was better for christmas, and we had a great morning exhanging presents.

I had an absolutely great shave this morning before the family members came over. This was my first chance to post today.

Proraso pre-shave balm
    Arko Stick
    Omega boar, 10015, face lather
    Gillette Milord with an ASTRA SP with no idea how many shaves on it.
    TSD ISZ splash, and Proraso ASB.

This was a three pass with one touch up shave, DFS++. Just a great close shave. The ISZ splash was just minty and chilly a great finish to a great shave.
    I hope everyone had a great holiday. I had a rough start to the holiday's, but a great finish.

SOD 25DEC11 002.jpg

13. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

As a long term user of a Feather AS - D1 I understand your analogy perfectly, many people are fooled that the feather is a mild razor, but couldn't be further from the truth, because they are trying to judge it by thinking it shaves in a simular way to a mass produced razor it doesn't, as you said the razor is so smooth when cutting whiskers it gives out very little sound, also it does require you to choose the correct angle, plus I always say this to anyone who owns the razor only use feather blades, if you get this right then the razor will amaze you.

Regards Jamie.

14. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Today was my third day with “Slanty” and we r becoming fast friends. If u respect Slanty, Slanty respects u and delivers a great shave. A perfect complimentary razor to my Jagger 89.

I love my new Cella Soap. It provides both great slickness and cushion.

Tea Tree Oil Pre Shave
    Vulfix 404 Mixed
    Cella Shave Soap
    Gillette 7 o’clock Dark Blue (3)
    Merkur 37C Slant Bar
    TSD Bourbon Vanilla Milk
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Three great shaves with the Slant Bar and it is a great addition to the Jagger 89. The Cella Soap oozed lather, smelled great, and provided for a great shave.

Today’s featured photo is the Slant and the Cella.
    12-25 shave.jpg

15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Thanks Aaron! Thank you for helping me in selecting it!

16. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Great job mastering the Slant so quickly, it is a great shaver. Any thoughts about getting vintage razors? Rewarding and addicting hobby.

alpla444 likes this.
  17. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Hey Scott, I've got a pretty big vise on my bench in the garage. I probably could straighten out that razor for you if you want. :D

18. scott wein

Wow, thanx. I owe you one.

19. scott wein

Far from mastering Danny, but learning. I am having some fun and about to shave soon. Thanx.

20. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Follow-up post on my Christmas Eve shave:

Calani Cadre Noir shave soap
    Mühle Basic Nr.2 shave brush with Silver Tip Fibre
    Merkur 11C open comb
    ASP (3.)
    D.R. Harris Bay Rum After Shave

Jamie Mahoney likes this.