SoS: December 21, 2015 - December 27, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Sunday, Dec.27 2015

Gillette F2 195 Adjustable 'Fatboy'
    Astra SP blade
    Edwin Jagger synthetic brush
    Mike's Natural Soap 'Hungarian Lavender'
    Skin Bracer aftershave

Another pleasant relaxing shave with the Fatboy. Aces!

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Packs got beat up!!

3. RaZorBurn123

Karl, when I see your lovely Type F I sigh because a year ago I had a chance to get one for $20... :angry032:
    Kerry

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

Friendly reminder that we start a new SOTD thread HERE tomorrow, later tonight or early tomorrow morning I will close this thread for a very short period of time ;)
    Happy shaving!
    Kerry
    I would like to thank Jeff @crackstar for his dedication each and every week for starting a new SOTD thread. Jeff you are the best! :happy088::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Kerry

Robyflexx, Omelmad, Tdmsu and 5 others like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

2vlk-44.jpg
    There's a barbershop near my house which sells it. The Egyptian version is written in Arabic and English. I speak Arabic perfectly and I read and write it.

The tube is a little smaller and made of plastic. Here's a photo of the Egyptian Ingram Blue.

Robyflexx, Omelmad, Troy M and 4 others like this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks my dear friend! :)

Robyflexx, wristwatchb, ilts and 2 others like this.
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great, thanks for the pic will be looking for that one locally.

8. RaZorBurn123

Closed. Post your SOTD HERE
    Kerry:)

9. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

Hey ObiDon,

I have that identical mug, got it at a flea market for .94 cents. I have not been able to find any info on it, really seems to be rare. Do you know much about it?

ObiDon, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I would also like to thank you Jeff AKA @crackstar thanks to your beautifully worded reviews I discovered Stirling Soaps. upload_2016-1-21_11-26-16.jpeg

crackstar, clint64 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    First, you got a GREAT deal on that mug!
    The 1985 Blue or Black mug came in a gift set; the traditional looking style mug was not sold commercially but rather was given out as a promotional item.

This mug is heavy pottery with a deep blue or black glaze and came in two different sets in 1985. One set included a shaving brush and razor while the other included only the brush. The only decoration is the single white ship in silhouette. I believe this may have been distributed outside the U.S. market because it is dated 1985 yet the packaging is not consistent with the 1981 logo change. The back of the box is marked "Old Spice Accessories made under license from Shulton, Inc. 1985" "Made in Taiwan R.O.C. for Cosrich Inc., Perth Amboy, NJ 08861" Dimensions: 3.25" high by 5" rim to handle.

The mug I have Cobalt Blue one, and it is my favorite mug, as you can see by all of my SOTD photos it showed up in. I was so worried about breaking it I picked up a complete set like the one in this picture. Mine is NOS and, the box is better than this picture. They show up on the bay from time to time, and if there is no bidding war you can pick a set for $40. I have seen them go for over $100.

Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.