SoS: December 25, 2017 - December 31, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

31 December 2017

Last shave of 2017. Tried a Wizamet Iridium Super for the first time today. (another blade I had forgotten about from a sampler) Like most Russian blades it was plenty sharp yet smooth. I'll see if it yields 7 shaves like the ones in my "regular" rotation. Yesterday's application of Proraso Green balm cured my dry skin issue from the day before. This week, I'll be rotating through the HBG after shaves as they too soothe the skin.

Cream: Proraso White
    Brush: Semogue 620 boar
    Bowl: Dollar Tree salsa
    Razor: RazoRock German 37 slant
    Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
    Aftershave: HBG "Vermont"

123117.JPG

Navarrsky, SpeedyPC, Str8on2 and 17 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Wonderful last shave for 2017.
    MAMBA baby.
    IMG_20171226_192651409~01.jpg

Navarrsky, SpeedyPC, Str8on2 and 19 others like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I made my wife a happy camper by using the One X soap and aftershave. The shave was very good and smooth but the soap lacks the skincare that I get from Stirling. (no fault of the wife) Scent-wise, this soap is gorgeous, it's a pretty good latherer but although it lists menthol I don't feel any cooling. The Tabiano gel is soothing and moisturing - I received it quite a while ago as a freebie from a company I placed an order with. The One X aftershave has that same beautiful scent as the soap and it gives a bit of a cooling effect.

Have a great Sunday and be safe!

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The C3 is my fave by a mile. The others, including the type A provide a decent shave but don’t make the elite list.

ram57, TestDepth, RyX and 4 others like this.
  5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Wow, great looking brush.

ram57, TestDepth, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  6. jbo667

jbo667 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Didn’t change ANYTHING from the last shave. 2 days thick head growth, 5 FULL head lathers and still had a tad left over! BBS as ever, couple small nicks on the back getting SUPER aggressive ATG on the 4th and 5th clean up passes! This shave with an Astra SP may be my shave nirvana!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096:

ram57, DaltonGang, Boru62 and 3 others like this.
  8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi my dear Friends,

this has been my last Shave for 2017. It´s a little bit nostalgic if i think of another great shave, another year going by, people we met and people we lost and stuff like this. But there are a few hours left in 2017, so let´s enjoy my Shave of the Day together. Ready?!

[​IMG]
    Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech // Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra // Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina // Brush: Rubberset Replica // Aftershave: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro

What should i tell you?! Great shave!!! The Fat Handle Tech is not as gentle as my Rocket Parat, but nevertheless it has been a great shave. The last days i thought about, which equipment i should use for the last shave this year. There were so many options to choose...which razor gave me "memories" while shaving, which blade was my "Blade of the year" and so on and so on.

So i decided to choose my Fat Handle Tech, because it was my razor in my first and only holiday in Italy 2013. Exceptional great memories. Paired with a soap, which transported me directly to "Bella Italia" because of the scent. Absolutely outstanding.

The lather was rich and thick, slick and gave lot of cushion. As Aftershave i used the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro...WHAT a scent!!! Whoa!!! A dark, citrussy scent which made me feel to be in a country, where life is beeing lived, such like Italy or Spain. "Living la Vida loca".

You see, i had a great great shave. Thank you for having me here, thank you for many people, which i call Friends now, thanks to the Team behind this Forum, who made it possible, that we "positive freaks" can do the things we do here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now Friends, i want to wish everyone of you a Happy New Year 2018. Enjoy the time, stay healthy and take care.

We see us next year. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Greetings from Germany
    Thorsten

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome back and Happy New Year!

Robyflexx, TestDepth, Boru62 and 3 others like this.
  10. Yehuda D

Vielen Dank mein lieber!

Was für ein Zufall - gerade eben war ich bei Gut Rasiert und ich Deinen Kommentar gesehen hatte. Es ist immer ein Vergnügen! (Wie immer sind deine Bilder so wunderschön!)

Einen guten und gesunden Rutsch ins Neujahr mit Erfolg, Reichtum, Lieb, sowie tolle und angenehme Rasuren!

Zum Wohl! :)

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

12. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Last Night's Shave - 12|30|2017

Nurse Ratchet was Kind enough to let me photograph the Key From My institutions Razor. It was after Medication time so I was calm and sedated...

King R Emporium Soap (which smells so great!! guess this mimics a Gillette shave stick from back on the day) I picked up a few tucks of these Chinese Gillette blades from aliexpress when I made my 1st Yaqi brush buy as there so cheap. I read these blades are terrible, well I did not find it terrible - mild blade....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Navarrsky, SpeedyPC, Str8on2 and 16 others like this.
  13. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Merkur Futur
    Blade - BiC Chrome-Platinum *Fresh blade
    Razor Stand by RV Shaving
    Shave Brush - Omega Hi-Brush 20mm Synthetic (Model# 46745 – 0146745)
    Brush Stand by Desire Metal Works
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood's "Unscented"
    Shave Soap - Country Club for Men *Woodly Spice scent (Custom created scent, not normally available, you must contact to request)
    Aftershave - Country Club for Men *Woodly Spice scent (Custom created scent, not normally available, you must contact to request)
    Post Shave Balm - Retseliney Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
    Deodorant - HeartJCreations *Spiced Woods (Custom created scent, not available unless obtained by Country Club for Men)
    Fragrance - Creed Spice & Wood

Happy New Year!

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome home :)

RyX, Robyflexx, Boru62 and 3 others like this.
  15. Primotenore

Article Team
    I think your tolerance for menthol has been radically altered over the years Jeff. :)

RyX, Robyflexx, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  16. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Thorsten!!

17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Prosit Neujahr :eatdrink047:

18. Yehuda D

No, not really - it's just because I think that whatever little menthol is in it is just for the scent. I feel a bit of a cooling effect from the matching aftershave. Not much, but enough to say "this stuff has menthol"

RyX, Robyflexx, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  19. ChiefShaver

Same to you. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. All the best for you.

Stay healthy and take care.

Greetings
    Thorsten

20. ChiefShaver

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones too. All my best wishes to you.

So...to answer you:

Prost :eatdrink047:

Greetings
    Thorsten

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.