SoS: February 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 2nd 2022

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, well designed in all aspects of a perfect razor head IMO, Mostly a Carefree shave & very enjoyable shave.
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (3) excellent very sharp & smooth blade.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, different mild fragranced soap(not sure how to describe it), with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow brown whiskers synthetic [​IMG] Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, very nice scrubber + excellent lather painter + nice feeling handle. All the strengths I like in my brushes.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard cleanse+ Nivea refreshing AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing Lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo.72 + a Nacet blade.
    SOTD Feb 2 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

How do you like your Telstar head?

I really enjoy mine when it is in rotation.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

William's Wednesday

Soap: William's
    Lather enhancer: Kiss My Face unscented cream
    Brush: Jayaruh #76
    Razor: Feather AS-D2
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword
    After: Sterling unscented balm

I like using Williams soap, the only problem is that the lather doesn't last. That's ironic given the slogan on the package: "For a lasting lather". I have found that adding a small amount of KMF cream is all that it needs to excel. I rub the soap on my face (I actually grated the puck and put it into a shave stick tube) and squirt a little cream on the wet brush before face lathering. Excellent lather that way!

20220202_081531~2_copy_1280x1215.jpg

4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Game Changer
    Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless [​IMG]

8/19/1942

5. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Yaqi Synthetic
    Captain's Choice / Bay Rum 20210701_140639.jpg 20210306_122244.jpg

8/19/1942

6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Going from my big blades to my smallest. This Lund set is smaller in size than any of my other razors. But, a good edge is a good edge no matter what’s behind it. Smooth, clean and rewarding shave :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap
    Wednesday Midi Sized Lund 9/16
    NOS Old Spice After Shave

6FD9A917-3144-4863-AF46-504B6B6E8FD1.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And, it's that time of the week again-here's my plan for Throwback Thursday:

prep-Dial 4 Men Boduwash(Infinite Fresh(in shower)
    shave-Jeeves of Hudson Soap(Bay Rum)*
    brush-The Clubman-Pinaud synthetic
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S. Stephan Bay Rum**

*-16th Century(not Jeeves, but Bay Rum itself)
    **1897(Face&Body Splash)

8. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Thursday February 3, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Feather HI Stainless (3)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: None
    Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
    Have a great day!!

IMG_8797.jpg

9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thursday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: BRW Gillette SC\Bull Mastoff
    Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D4)
    Brush: Semogue 2016 LE 2 Band - orange
    Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
    Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
    Shave Soap: Tallow+Steel Shikoku
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Tallow+Steel Shikoku

10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 3rd February 2022.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: Anbbas Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)
    Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Quorum ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final outing of the Schick injector razor to finish my shaving week of on a high. My introductory with the injector razor has totally amazed me. The shave's that both the Schick & Personna PTFE SS blade duo have provided me throughout the week have been some the most close comfortable, enjoyable near BBS shaves i have had to date. No exaggeration!....If i had the choose a vintage SE razor as a daily shaver then the Schick injector would be it ...A superb non-aggressive yet, efficient & smooth shaver which is a pleasure to use...and a wonderful introductory to vintage injector razors.

I have mentioned in my postings many times i have never been on a irrational obsessional wet shaving quest to chase "BBS" each time i shave, i find it completely pointless to cause unnecessary risk of irritation nicks & cuts to get 'BBS PERFECTION' as after a few hours my ugly mug feel's like sandpaper again..."PERFECTION IS THE ENEMY OF THE PERFECTLY ADEQUATE" IMHO... As always opinions are very subjective. YMMV.

My personal aim is to get a close comfortable error-free shave which most of the time i achieve. However, from time to time, like any wet shaver i get the occasional cuts, weepers and irritation which is all part of the fun in our pleasurable traditional wet shaving hobby.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Schick Type G Injector, it's the only SE & DE razor that i have instantly bonded and felt comfortable off the bat...And that in Itself is unique, as it normally takes me a few shaves to get a real feel of a razor...Have i finally found my signature razor?

As for the longevity of the Personna PTFE SS blade it still feels smooth and efficient...I will continue to use it in my up and coming shaves until it starts to feel dull and uncomfortable to use.

Next week i intend to do a head shave with the Schick Injector and to trying out the Gem SE Featherweight razor with the Ted Pella SE PTFE SS blade for the full week.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close near BBS comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

11. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday February 3, 2022
    Razor: Ever Ready Sun Ray
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: Knothead Brushworks "The Kentuckian"
    Soap: WK La Fougère Parfaite
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Vintage Brut
    Fragrance:
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1184
    IMG_20220203_062905191_HDR.jpg IMG_20220203_062809858_HDR.jpg

12. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Yaqi Telstar Razor
    Voskhod Teflon Blade

Tabac Original Soap (tallow)
    Frank Shaving Silvertip
    Aloe Vera
    A&E Asian Pear Aftershave
    A&E Asian Pear.JPG

brit, Smooth Steve, jimjo1031 and 9 others like this.
  13. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

THURSDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Olivier Creed
    [​IMG]

Shampoo - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    Bath Soap - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Plisson/Joris "Odyssey"
    Blade - [​IMG] *3rd Shave
    Shave Brush - Gentleman's Hangar Synthetic (Wood-stained to match bowl)
    Shave Stand by Robert Evans on Etsy. Must request custom project to order.
    Shave Soap - Mama Bear's "Bounty"
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Aftershave - Country Club for Men "1837"
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Mysterium Serum"
    Deodorant - HeartJCreations "Eau Royale" (*custom scent not available)
    Fragrance - Creed Royal Water

14. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Great shave Jim!

Colgate shaving soap….I have a vintage Colgate shaving stick which is either from Denmark or Sweden. It dates back to 1925 I believe and it performs great. I bought it on eBay from a gentleman in Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220203.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
    Ever-Ready 1924
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

In January of 2017, I got I think five samples from Jeeves of Hudson Street (Conservatory, Cranberry Pomegranate, Velvet Jacket, Turkish Bath, and Private Study). I ended up pressing them into an old deodorant container. Jeeves has since then gone out of business, but my Jeeves Shave Stick is going strong. It is a good soap. Here is today's shave. It is my 44th shave with Jeeves.

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1924 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Gillette Platinum day 2
    MSC Ruby Forest SS
    Intesa ASB
    Max Disinfecting AS Splash

What a humongous difference in soap performance from yesterday to today - the one that I used yesterday was so bloody tough to lather, there was almost no cushion and slickness not to mention how it dried and irritated my skin. Today Fernando’s Ruby Forest soap lathered so easily - thick, rich, super slick, lots of cushion, very protective, wonderful skincare, and a gorgeous scent to boot. The Intesa balm from Italy also smells nice, it’s very cooling, moisturizing, and soothing, and the Max Disinfecting aftershave from Bulgaria stung like an s.o.b. for a second but then it felt so soothing and comfortable. I’m happy to announce that I had a brilliant three pass BBS shave!

Enjoy your day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220202_203338.jpg
    Above the Tie Kronos with R1 plate.
    Feather blade (4).
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Tabac shave soap.
    Timeless shave bowl.
    American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger.

Great shave today and I hope everyone has an enjoyable day!

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday, Feb 3rd 2022

Razor: Razorock Game changer.84-Mfg 2018>, well built 316 SS tame mid range, I like to bump up performance with a Kai SS Extra wide blade. It give me just the right amount of blade exposure or blade feel that I like in a razor.
    Blade: Kai SS, Sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity. Extra wide compared to a Gillette standard blade by 9/1000 of a inch.
    Great blade for mild razors that needs a little extra efficentcy IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Irish country side, unique mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Takes a few shaves to enjoy this scent IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Orbital ring boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles hair, great scrubber, great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.
    SOTD Feb 3 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thursday shave

Soap: homemade melt-and-pour blend
    Brush: Ever Ready with synthetic knot
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
    After: CeraVe cream

I am enjoying focusing on my Feather AS-D2 exclusively for a couple of weeks. I like this razor, but I have never been completely satisfied with my blade choices with it. When I got the razor a few years ago, I used Feather blades with it, thinking that had to be the perfect combination. But Feather blades have always felt harsh to me, even in this razor, and I didn't like the way my skin felt afterwards.

I recently got some Wilkinson Sword blades, the German ones, and I liked them a lot in my vintage Gillettes. Very comfortable. I also got a good result with them in the AS-D2, but they start to feel rough after the third shave. I only have a few left, maybe I need to buy a big batch.

I have a fair stash of Wizamet blades, and I like them in most razors. This was a good combination today, nice comfort. Maybe not quite as comfortable as the Wilkinson Sword. I will see how long the blade remains comfortable. These have shown great longevity in the past.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.