SoS: February 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/King C. Gillette day 2
    MSC Frosted Spearmint SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Spearmint AS Spray

Oh my God what a Grand Freeze this was - perhaps not so much from the Frosted Spearmint soap, although it’s pretty damned cold but from the matching aftershave. The scent of both these items is absolutely gorgeous - it filled the bathroom while I was lathering up, and talking about lather this soap is such a pleasure, the menthol sensation felt great, and the postshave was so comfortable. The Prep is my favourite balm - plenty of menthol cooling and so moisturizing as well as soothing, and the Frosted Spearmint aftershave is another menthol atom bomb. Three passes left me mega BBS!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Yehuda D I love spearmint! It's so cool & sweet.

stuartganis likes this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220302_223524.jpg
    Yaqi Telstar head on Yaqi stainless steel handle.
    Feather blade (5).
    Yaqi silvertip brush.
    Soap Commander Honor shave soap.
    Timeless shave bowl.
    Royal Copenhagen cologne.

Great Thursday shave.

Take care everyone!

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice brush design.

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday, Mar 3rd 2022. Theme week, modified shave gear. This old Valet auto-strop looked good on Ebay and needed some tender loving care to put it back into service, the blade on the right of the picture needed repair, the gap was altered from 11/1000 to 7/1000 of a inch to smooth out my shave and a Gem blade needed to be modified to get the old jewel back to my standard of shave. Interesting razor and can be very smooth when gap is very small but time has had many hands fiddle with it and change it young & old folks. YY OB  (2).jpg

Razor:
    Valet Auto-strop model C1, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1920's, excellent razor for its time of using carbon blades, nice razor to use when mastered & used with a shallow angle like a straight razor. Its like going back in time not that long ago when safety razors were in their golden years.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, nice mid range scent of sandal wood + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm orbital ring boar, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Blade: Modified Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Valet auto-strop with a modified Gem blade.
    SOTD March 3 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Smooth Steve, brit, MoAllen and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.