SoS: February 2023

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Str8 Shaver, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Maiden voyage of the Thistle Cut newly honed by @gssixgun. Now that’s what I’m talking about - super easy and smooth shave making short work of the stubble in record time. Truly enjoyable shave :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    MSC Vintage Spice Shaving Soap
    Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
    Thistle Cut 13/16
    Shulton Lighthouse Old Spice After Shave

D10C6810-FC76-4E05-9033-53E26F05CFFF.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

2. Lockback

Lockback Well-Known Member

Preshave: Hot shower
    Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Margaritas In The Arctic
    Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild
    Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
    Blade: Derby Extra (3)
    Post shave: Gillette Gel

Apologies for no pics. I was in a bit of a rush to meet my wife's parents for breakfast ...
    Nice shave.

3. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aaaand..the way it is for Sunday(26):

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Gillette Foamy Original
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot
    A.S.-Bill Neumann(Signature 1907)

5. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Gillette NI Bostonian
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (D7)
    Brush: Sawdust CreatioStudio OUMO LOD Manchurian 26mm
    Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Hamada & Blue
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
    Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
    Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
    Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday, February25th 2023.

Razor :
    Yaqi 316 stainless steel torsion slant with a Yaqi "teardrop" cannon polished 316 handle- Mfg Jan 2023>,mild to tame mid range, Very high efficentcy for any razor I have used( I used a lot of Razors), interesting design that is just different and compact and it will be used by other manufactures in the future I'm almost certain.(simpler design for CNC machining?)
    Blade clamping is to another level in the slant razor category's IMO because of the lather port design that make bridges to support blade closer to blade edge & on top of that they incorporated torsion to blade (2' degrees gentle helical twist) to make it even more ridged close to blade edges. Had a great drama free shave this morning mostly and enjoy that for those drowsy mornings.
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP(2) sharp & smooth with great longevity. My standard blade for testing new razors.
    Soap : Tabac, flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. It is classic soap for lots of folks.
    Brush : Yaqi " Artic sky" 24 mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice handle to grip + knot is High Density(HD) type I believe for a silver tip.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] had a excellent close shave this morning with my Yaqi 316 slant with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    SOTD Feburary 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 26th February 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Semogue 1470.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
    Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.
    Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort A/S Cologne./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning paired together wonderfully.

I have mentioned on many occasions in my posts that The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon citrus scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception that I have used the scent virtually vanishes after I have done my cold-water face rinse.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

8. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Sunday 26th February

[​IMG]
    Semogue SOC Boar - MWF - Feather AC SR/Feather Pro Super #8 - Acqua Di Parma Colonia

9. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230226.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Yaqi Sputnik
    Voskhod Teflon Blade
    Maggard 2 Band
    C O Bigelow Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Phoenix Shaving Pineapple Bay Rum
    Yagi Sputnik.jpg

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning:

Hot shower
    Frank Mini Brush
    Canadian Tech/Rapira day 12
    Delmy SS
    Prep ASB
    Booster Polar Ice AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

If you guys notice there are two decals on this adorable little Frank Mini brush - an Israeli flag and a Canadian one. This brush was sent to me by a good friend of mine and it works like a champ. The Delmy soap is from India and it’s possibly the CHEAPEST soap on Planet Earth - yes, even cheaper than Arko but in spite of it costing literally pennies in India it’s a helluva great performer. It has a beautiful old school barbershop scent, it’s so easy to get great lather that’s so rich, creamy, and slick - the only downside is that it’s not too moisturizing but the Prep makes up for that small inconvenience. The Booster Polar Ice aftershave is another Canadian barbershop classic - do I ever love the scent. Finally a couple of sprays of Aramis and I’m ready to chill out for the rest of today - perhaps we’ll go visit my in-laws. Two passes were enough for a brilliant BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

Wishing y’all a great Sunday - be well and stay safe![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Terrific shave Brian!

Great picture too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmedic likes this.
  14. Lockback

Lockback Well-Known Member

Preshave: Hot shower
    Soap/Shave cream: Proraso Green
    Brush: Perfecto Badger
    Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Post shave: Gillette Gel

Maiden voyage for the Meiji. A slightly mixed bag. Face shave was wonderful ... neck, not so much. It's probably technique (it's a different-feeling razor and I probably had the wrong angle) and I might try a milder blade next time. All in all, an okay shave but with some neck irritation.
    I am impressed with the quality of the VB Meiji. There have been complaints about blade alignment. Mine is perfect. A hefty tank of a razor. It's quite different from my Rockwell 6C, Edwin Jagger DE 89, Razorock Game Changer 68-P or Van Der Hagen TTO. But different ain't bad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Same participants as yesterday. The shave was fantastic!
    B27B0D96-3BE6-4CD4-AEC3-F569B4C90DFC.jpeg

16. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Thanks Jeff

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 26, 2023
    Asylum RX
    Feather Professsional
    Brad Sears Synthetic
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sunday, February 26
    [​IMG]
    MWF~~DG B14 Washington~~Dovo 91~~Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    Have a great day!

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday shave Slant, February26th 2023. Day#3 of testing & 3consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle, Mfg 2023>, this razor is well thought out for design and finish & is adequate for my shaving needs. Accuracy when flipped 180 degrees feels on both sides while shaving feels and sounds accurate so my conclusion it is well machined fairly accurate to being centered and QC is OK. Finish is reasonable but I did stone a few sharp corners to my liking(use your discretion on that). I have done this on other razors also so no problem.
    The nice thing about this slant is it is compact and is not overly aggressive but more a mild to tame mid range using a standard Gillette blade to my preferred type of razor in a slant. It is a different design concept to other torsional type designs we see a lot of.
    The Yaqi SLOPE slant can do any shaving area of my face in normally positions as regular razor sized razor can do with head not being to large and in the way, that is also very strong design feature that is positive IMO.
    As for the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle that has a different hand feel as a round handle I'm use to it will take a few shaves to adjust and so far a OK for a different feel but with handle up going ATG passes it is a great feeling.
    It looks stunning and works best with squares oriented perpendicular as shown in photo IMO. I use a modified copper & aluminum coated washers #10/32 inch for some of my nice stainless steel razors and Zamak chrome razors this one got one also with a little tinkering to get it right the way I like it so not to over tighten the "Chippendale" handle and do damage to threads(no need to over tighten & use a nylon 5mm diameter or 10/32 nylon washer would do the same also purpose possibly.)
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP (3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Tabac, nice flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities for this classic soap.
    Brush : Yaqi "Red Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle knot, Excellent lather generator, Soft bleached split end bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Comfortable handle also.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse with Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316ss slant with a Astra SP blade.

6SOTD Feburary 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

20. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

02/26/23 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Ariana & Evens Soap of Antiquity
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Enigma Machine Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Shaving Soap CK6 Valentine Seasonal Release!
    Homage to Tom Ford's Ombre Leather!
    Yaqi Moka Express Shaving Brush 26mm Two Band Badger
    Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
    Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Quantum Safety Razor with Alpha Base Plate - CNC Machined Brass & Stainless Steel Design - 1st Use
    Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
    Hendrix Classics & Co. The Boss Man's Assistant Microfiber Black Towel
    Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
    Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Artisan Aftershave & Cologne - Valentine Seasonal Release! Homage to Tom Ford's Ombre Leather!
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Aloe Vera Gel Made with Organic Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Eau De Parfum (EDP) Valentine Seasonal Release!
    Ariana & Evans All Natural Deodorant with Himalayan Pink Salt
    Ariana & Evans All Naturals Hybrid Beer Pomade - Charred Sandalwood & Bourbon (firm hold) ​
    A IMG_2808D.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.