SoS: July 31, 2017 - August 6, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Excellent shave

Delor de Treget is special in lather and scent. IMG_20170806_074629_1502022697716.jpg

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture and setup.

clint64 and Tdmsu like this.
  3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's funny how having a variety of good gear allows you to coordinate your shave based on aesthetics and color scheme. I haven't used this RR400 in a while, but the Smoking Hot Pineapple label called out for it. I was reminded about how much I like this brush/knot.

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  4. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Red Tip Superspeed circa 1955-1960 (Re-plated in Satin-Nickel Finish by Razor Emporium.)
    Blade - BiC Chrome-Platinum (really loving this blade)
    Shave Brush - Ever-Ready 1960's vintage (Polished and re-knotted with a 26mm Ubersoft II knot from Envyshave by Razor Emporium.)
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Shave Soap - Old Spice Type scent by The Village Soapsmith
    Aftershave - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Post-shave Balm - Retseliney Luxury Skin Care Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
    Deodorant - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Fragrance - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"

Late afternoon shave. I had a bit too much sun during my little vacation weekend and had to do a careful one-pass shave with lots of pre-shave oil. My skin is a bit torched at the moment but luckily my cheeks and neck aren't so bad.

5. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thank Primo, it's a truly excellent brush. These newer Paladin knots are fantastic.

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 5 August 2017

[​IMG]

SOTD - 6 August 2017

[​IMG]

Have a great evening!

8. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Gillette Sensor
    Western Family Twin Flex Cart
    Semogue SOC Boar Brush
    WSP Formula-T Ol' Kentucky SS
    Old Spice Classic AS

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, Smooth Steve, RyX and 10 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Adjustable (Arko) August!!!

August 6 - Grand Blade Trials ***Special Razor Trial***

Razor - QShave (Futur Clone) (3)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Stirling Bay Rum
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

Day two of the QShave trial and I dialed up to 3. Now, in the Gillette Adjustable world, that's very mild. Not so much in the Futur world. When you look at the specs of this razor, the mildest setting is actually only .001 less than the wide open Gillette at 9. And, at setting 3, the gap is at .053. Nothing else I've found has that gap. We're talking very wide. And, when I go all the way to 6.5 tomorrow night, the setting lovingly named after me, the gap will open to .069. Stunning, really.

But, that's tomorrow's challenge. As for tonight's shave I can say it was very smooth and very effective. Getting the angle isn't a real problem even with the somewhat unique design. I did enjoy actually leaning into the mirror and being able to see into the gap on the end of the razor head to see the blade doing its thing. That is a unique view and I'm sure it will be even more visible tomorrow. I did two and a half passes and the baby is in the house. Very nice. And, the alum was quiet. As in, nothing. That is impressive. Clearly the Voskhod likes this razor so far and that's a good thing.

As I said, tomorrow I dial to 6.5 and go a third round. This is where some have said the blade could debark a log with the gap. I'm thinking they may not have been exaggerating. Well, ok, yeah they are but it is a pretty wild sight in person. Hope your week starts off with an easy Monday! I'm working tomorrow for my 6th in a row and then off Tuesday finally.

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, Smooth Steve, RyX and 11 others like this.
  10. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Many thanks for your kind words gentlemen :thanks:

The razor head and handle are much niceer, than I thought - I am not sure why they pulled them from production...my only issue is, that the head might be to aggressive for my taste

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hey Steve,
    I have both and really enjoy both, the Ti is my favorite. I've found that if I use a good blade like the Polsilver this razor shaves as good or better as any I have.
    Kerry

Smooth Steve likes this.
  12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lollllllll Hey guys, let's get out of here - there's a new SoS thread up!

13. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Very cool!

RyX, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  14. Cha-wing!!

Cha-wing!! Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply ! I like it a lot, it shaves well (and what a fun mechanism !!) and indeed the blade is easilly replaceable. I found mine with the original case and spare blade. The thing is, replacementblades can only be from Curley's, it's a proprietary system.

Cheers,
    Thomas

15. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Cool. It shaves great and is very comfortable for me. I am very impressed.
    Steve

clint64 likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am detecting a theme here...
    Cool.

clint64 likes this.