SoS: July 4, 2016 - July 10, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I took the lessons from my outing with the F and the Dutch Schicks yesterday and applied them to today's shave. Magnifico. Like yesterday, the first stroke was like silk. This time, I remembered to not treat it like a cartridge and was extra careful to just use the weight of the razor and the lightest of pressure with these blades. I also was mostly successful at avoiding the temptation to go over a spot more than once or twice. Wonderful shave with hardly any touch ups needed. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Shave Soap
    Savile Row 3824
    Schick Type F
    NOS Dutch Schick Super Stainless (2)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

F AOS HASAV SR AOS DD.JPG

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Wish my den was as well laid out as yours Joseph. I keep an Excel spreadsheet and worked down the list in rotation but the tug to use a favorite has kicked me out of the rotation from time to time. Hopefully you will be stronger will than I.

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent pictures of SOTD and your shaving products. The list is a good idea.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :)

Robyflexx and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Skin settled down enough to go with Avon Windjammer dosed with lime EO. Oh man, so good.

7. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

July 9 SOTD
    Lazy Schick Saturday shave today with the Easy Rider L6. The Chick blade was on its 7th use today and is still sharp and smooth. The XXX is a good soap, but the scent profile pushes it over the top into the top performers. A great shave today and am BBS and smelling & feeling wonderful. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My SOTD
    image.jpeg

Razor - birth razor black ss
    Blade - vintage unknown
    Soap - arko
    Brush - Parker badger
    Post - witch hazel , nuetrogena balm
    A/s - lilac

Good shave today. Used 2 different vintage blades. 1st one was rough on one side so I tossed it. Second one was really good. Cut myself due to me being careless.. But irritation free.

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

You have like a mini shave store going!

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Beautiful pic!

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD July 9th
    [​IMG]

Le Coq Open Comb
    Wilkinson Sword Classic(4)
    Stirling 24mm synthetic
    Stirling Executive Man

Good afternoon friends. I had my first shave with the Le Coq razor this morning and I've got to tell you this this the most aggressive razor that I have ever used. I'm not really sure what function the comb has because if there was ever a time that the comb was touching your face the blade would be at such an angle that all it would be doing was scraping your skin off. That being said I had to really focus on riding the cap and not letting the angle slip. I'm fairly certain this was equal to a DEvette shave. I'm very thankful that I had the super slick Stirling lather there protecting my skin. After 3 passes I was BBS and even 6 hours later still just as smooth. The alum was a little warm in a couple of spots but over all a very excellent shave. I don't think this razor will come up too often in rotation because it requires you to really pay attention. And if so maybe not use a blade that's as sharp as the Wilkinson.

Have a great day my friends!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I haven't had the Grey Goose out for a while so I loaded a fresh pro super and and had a perfect 2 pass shave. This razor is so light compared to others I've used lately. I like it! Enjoy your day everyone!

image.jpeg

13. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Unique, but organized, just as I am (not). May I take a lesson from you? Regards.

Bill

14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks, was able to take the shot minutes before a mild rain fall.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. billdog2

Beee-utifull razor, may I ask, what in the world is it? I don`t think I`ve seen anything quite like it. Please excuse my ignorance. Just curious. Regards.

Bill

16. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave:
    Proraso Crema Pre Barba (white)
    Lather: Proraso Sapone Pelli Sensibili (white)
    Brush: Plisson Synthetic bleu nuit satiné
    Razor: Bunny Injector V3 / MILD
    Blade: Personna (4)
    Pass: WTG-XTG-XTG-ATG
    Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
    Aftershave-Balm: Calani Purissima​

17. billdog2

Sir, I am very interested in your study of blade gaps and what determines aggressiveness. Are you planning to publish your findings or leave us shave nerds in the dark? I, in no way want to influence you into a venture that you don`t feel comfortable with, just curious, as most nerds are. Good luck and best wishes. BTW, I sorta wanted to do the same, but just didn`t have the expertise or drive.

Bill

18. billdog2

Nice layout, Rod. I have so many injector blades, I don`t feel right in buy more(chicks), down the road for sure.Best wishes.

Bill

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette SS Flare Tip
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
    Brush: Omega Barber Pole Handle w/Silvertip
    Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Private Study
    A/S: Myrsol F./Extra

Another fine 3 pass shave with a slight cleanup with these tools. A very good shave soap and an excellent A/S. DFS.
    9 07 16b.JPG

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Shark day 7
    Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Not a face-freezing setup but still pretty cooling and nice. Back to the hard-core menthol for Monday with a razor I haven't used in several years which is my Parker R22! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg crema-barba-sottozero-800x800.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg 418SVK3FF2L.jpg