SoS: June 19, 2017 - June 26, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

06/26/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
    Chiseled Face Cryogen Ultra High Menthol Shaving Soap
    RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Charcoal Goods Dark Antique Brass Closed Comb Level 2 Head with Tritium Bishop Handle
    Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 3rd Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue Cooling After Shave
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

D IMG_6110.jpg

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice curves in that brush. ;)

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice setup Steve

clint64, Spyder and Smooth Steve like this.
  4. Smooth Steve

Dirt is one of my favorites. I don't have the latest formula but the scent and AS is great. What do you mean you signed on with PAA?
    Steve

clint64, ram57, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Thanks Doug. Looking for the Freeze tomorrow!
    Steve

6. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I've put the in the upper shelf of my clothing closet. I have some extra soaps and aftershaves that don't go with the sets under my bathroom sink. I have my 30 or so fragrances/colognes on a display shelf in my room next to my closet. So, I roll out of bed, grab coffee, come back in my bedroom, pick out what tie, pants and shirt to wear to work for the day, then stare at my colognes and figure out what scent to wear for the day. If the scent has a shave set that goes with it, then I take those over to my bathroom counter and then remove yesterday's shaving set that was on display for decoration the entire previous day. The bathroom is pretty much a man's domain and for some men it's the only place they can escape for any alone-time. Now that I've been at this old-school shaving thing for a year I'm convinced that every man needs to make their bathroom into a shaving den if possible.

RyX, clint64, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

just means I hope to get something from them in the future.

8. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Schick Type M Injector
    Schick blade
    Maggards 22mm black synthetic brush
    Proraso Blue shaving cream
    Family Dollar Spice aftershave

RyX, clint64, Norcalnewb and 11 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonight's shave was with an old Rat Razor, that shaves like it was a NOS razor. I had a very smooth 2 pass shave, that left me BDBS. Zero nicks, cuts, or weepers. Very well built razor.

Razor- J.A.Henckels 472, Zwillingswerk. The Inlays in the scales are Silver.
    Brush- B400 By Tom. My favorite brush.
    Soap- MWF. Nuff Said.
    Aftershave- Arctic Blue
    P6251026.JPG

RyX, clint64, Norcalnewb and 11 others like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you Guy. And thank you for the compliment.

clint64, Douglas Carey and ram57 like this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    Enjoy your time with your son and family Douglas.

clint64, Douglas Carey and ram57 like this.
  12. Primotenore

Article Team
    I have a B4 (Birth Year) Flare and it never let's me down. Excellent razor, indeed.

RyX, clint64, Douglas Carey and 3 others like this.
  13. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Late in the evening, but still got a good, quick shave in. The Derby Premium was excellent today paired with the Ming Shi again. Even better than yesterdays shave I believe. A good, smooth and refreshing shave to slow things down. The RR Aqua is perfect for those summer evenings. Now some bench time with the Misses and a couple of cold ones. Have a great evening Gents.....;)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (5,4,3)
    Blade: Derby Premium #2
    Brush: Maggard 26mm Synthetic
    Soap: Stone Cottage Musk
    W/H: Thayers Medicated
    Toner: Humphreys W/H Citrus
    A/S Splash: RR Aqua
    IMG_0782.JPG

RyX, clint64, Norcalnewb and 13 others like this.
  14. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Schick Sunday
    Schick Hydromagic / Chick 1
    Panna Crema San Francesco
    Comet Superfine Badger 28mm
    Nivea Cool Kick ASB
    Pinaud Clubman
    Sandalwood yesterday, sandalwood today and sandalwood tomorrow. This morning I shaved while talking wit TWGW. She sat on the commode while I shaved and the shaving time was very enjoyable. Panna Crema San Francesco makes great lather and the Comet brush holds a lot. The Hydromagic with a new blade moved down the whiskers and the Nivea Cool Kick ASB and the Pinaud Clubman left me feeling and smelling great. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

RyX, 120inna55, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

June 2017!!!

Trials and Tribulations

June 25

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Dirty Deeds Tobacco
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum

I made a late inning change up to my shave tonight. Substituted the Dirty Deeds Tobacco for the Arko. My brain was rebelling a bit over sticking with Arko for another night and I figured on a third trial shave where the blade was responding well before, why not. Dirty Deeds really produces a super-slick lather. I can see why @Drygulch likes it with all of his straights. The consistency is like whipped cream too and really has a great feel and scent. Definitely a soap I'll keep around.

The Topaz Platinum sputtered to the end. Oh, wait, that's how it started was with sputtered platinum. It actually did very well overall on the aggressive setting and I'm calling it. The baby showed up with this blade tonight. The cost? A bit more irritation than I would have liked but it's still not over the top bad. Actually, I'd put this blade up against any of the Super-Max blades and call it pretty well even EXCEPT for the Titanium blades. The Topaz outperformed both of those in my trials.

I have some other blades from Malhotra including the Topaz Stainless and some of the Lasers. I think they'll line up next in the trial when I return to it in a couple of days. Going to take a few shaves off to rotate through some soaps, razors and brushes and let my Arko blues fade away. Don't get me wrong - I love Arko for its lather and consistency. I don't even mind the scent. But after a week or so of straight Arko - my nose longs for a vacation. Speaking of vacation - mine is now over. I'm working the next 14 days straight although not all will be full days. I'm hoping to have some down time to work on some writing about my favorite hobby as well. Hope you have a great week! Sputtering out!

[​IMG]

Primotenore, RyX, 120inna55 and 9 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

We had an amazing time Joseph.

Primotenore, mrchick and clint64 like this.
  17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm glad to hear it. Welcome back.

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Brian.

clint64 and mrchick like this.
  19. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Hang in there, brother. I was my elderly mom's 24/7 caregiver for six yrs. Wouldn't trade that time for any other experience. But, as you know, it is overwhelming at times. My first struggle was admitting that it got to me sometimes. Made feel guilty or unappreciative of her past sacrafices to me. But after honest and loving conversations with her, I realized how common that situation can be. Sounds like you're doing a great and REAL job there...thanks for setting a great example. Enjoy both times...spent with AND without him. Happy shaving, and thanks for being honest about such delicate and confusing times! Enjoy! Prayers to you all.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 06262017.gif
    Klar Almond
    B-400 / O-98
    Osaka bowl
    J-1, Schick Twin
    Alum, Clubman