SOS: June 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

That is an awesome razor!

Douglas Carey and Boru62 like this.
  2. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Thank you... and it kicked my butt this go around :kar:
    That small size and no tail made it a fun challenge.
    Tom

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah driving can be treacherous at times. A friend of mine used to live in the mountains of Kentucky, parts of it are 1 way roads and extremely dangerous if you are not careful.

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

That's one cool lookin bowl/spoon ya got there Jamie, thought it was a razor handle at first. Really is visually apealing.

5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann | Le Grand Chypre
    APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

ram57, Boru62, Smooth Steve and 10 others like this.
  6. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

MONDAY MORNING'S BATH & SHAVE

[​IMG]

Bath Soap - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711" Cream Bar Soap (originally by Muelhens)
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Stirling Soap's Slant
    Blade - BiC Chrome-Platinum *4th Shave
    Shave Brush - Wood Razor's TruStone Turquoise (with 24mm Synthetic Nylon Knot by The Golden Nib)
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "11235" *(discontinued)
    Scuttle by Karen's Pottery
    Aftershave - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711" (originally by Muelhens)
    Deodorant - Tom Ford "Neroli Portofino"
    Fragrance - Echt Kölnisch Wasser "4711" Eau de Cologne (originally by Muelhens)

7. Tim Spencer

[​IMG]

Forgive the slight layer of dried shave cream-soap from today's shave (the surface when cleaned is pristine looking). Usually I don't take pictures unless I clean up the utensils ahead of time. So, my razor has a date code of B-3. According to Razor Emporium's dating chart for Gillette, mine falls into a 1956 manufacture year. I tend to give a 'range' when I give 'circa' years in my descriptions, mostly because I'm not 100% certain what info to trust.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    What a wonderful shave this morning with the ABC razor. It shaves completely different than the old type. I think it has to do with the rounded teeth. I did feel tugging on a 3 time used Voskhod. I got a BBS shave with no issues.

9. Tim Spencer

Yes, I also got tugging when shaving with the ABC Empire. The issue is mostly resolved when I used the brute-force sharpness of a Feather HI-Stainless blade. The Feather blade is all I will use in the ABC Empire now. I suggest trying a super-sharp blade to power through the inefficient cutting angle of this razor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.