SoS June 2020.

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by brit, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Beautiful chromatic contrast, Joseph!

Primotenore, clint64 and brit like this.
  2. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:)

clint64 and brit like this.
  3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday Shave

GEM Contour II
    GEM Stainless PTFE
    Omega 49
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Aqua Velva Aftershave

SOTD 06.03.2020.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed, June 3rd 2020

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA little lather catcher)-MFG 1914-17> Just a great razor to use with a lot of Audio feed back, A mid range with excellent efficiency. This model has the first generation blade stops that are small IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) great blade with sharpness, longevity, and smooths out during it's life cycle.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of favorites with nice scent and great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm " Sagrada Familia" A Cathedral I visited in Barcelona Spain, Great brush to use IMO.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser [​IMG] + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 Blemish weeper =[​IMG]great shave with my Everready 1914.

SOTD, Wed, june 3rd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Outstanding, Tim! I love that shave setup.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Tim Spencer, TommyCarioca and clint64 like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First outing with the Silversmith wasn't great. The lack of feedback made it very tricky to get last bits of stubborn stubble on my head. May need some practice here or maybe just not for me. I finished up with the Outlaw (with one shim) which screams in comparison and took care of business and then some. BIC in both.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ilts, alfredus, Tim Spencer and 16 others like this.
  7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

jun032020.jpg
    June 3rd

Art of Shaving SC & ASB - Olibanum & Pepper
    @jtspartan BRM w/TGN 28mm Silvertip
    J.A. Henkels Friodur INOX 472 6/8⁣
    Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gio

Droo78, ilts, alfredus and 20 others like this.
  8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

SOTD 6-2-20

Stirling Glacial Black Cherry Soap - as all Stirling, great performance. High Menthol makes the scent too close to a cherry cough drop for me to go Glacial again here. Seems to me eucalyptus might be a good add here.

Stirling Tuxedo - I use this brush more than any other. If I am gifting, this is what they get. Affordable, handsome, reliable.

Stirling paddle collapsible bowl - I don't think anything puffs a lather as quick and easy. One must even be careful not to over aerate.

Focus Dynamic R48 1 /2 DE Single Edge Pivoting Head Razor (w/Feather on 1) - a uniquely designed Italian piece that the primary US distributor hoped would revolutionize wet shaving, but not so. It is a mild tool that can deliver that cotton ball test smooth and irritation free shave, easy. It takes almost none of the valued skills of most of the stuff we use yet still works. In my opinion it is the best teacher for learning your beard growth. The final closeness only comes on an true ATG pass.

Proraso AS Splash - I like this stuff, but no parade or fireworks.

Be well y'all!

[​IMG]

ilts, alfredus, Tim Spencer and 18 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine superspeed shave and pic Steve..

ilts and clint64 like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Jeff..

clint64 likes this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Just curious:Why did you use a shim in the Outlaw?

brit and clint64 like this.
  12. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Well I had the Merkur 34G in rotation today but decided to reach for my iKon X3 slant because mi hermano to the South is having issues with his. Seeing as I referred him I wanted to make sure my judgement had not been clouded. I was not looking for an X3 at the time as I had a Merkur 37C and 39C in the collection. However, this one came to me through a BST ad and with three iKon handles and a stand to boot! I am only human folks! Trigger pulled!

Today’s soap the incredibly good Stirling Executive Man. It’s Creed Aventus in a soap and matching AS and if you want to smell like $500 bones without spending....errrr, $500 bones get you some of it! Pairs perfectly with English Laundry London EDP which IS a very, very affordable Aventus scent.

With a keen eye I went about a lovely three pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG. Well, BBS achieved for me. The X3 as with few other iKon razors, are fiddly and require you to carefully align the blade. In fact I use a toothpick to align the X3’s blade exposure prior to cinching it down. It isn’t a “drop in and play” razor with super tight tolerances ala Timeless, Wolfman etc. The prices both new and on the secondary market reflect that but they aren’t cheap either! I enjoy the X3 but it isn’t for everyone in fact “slants” in general may not be everyone’s thing. Hope this helped hermanos! Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon X3 Slant
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
    Lather: Stirling Executive Man
    Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
    Additional Care:
    B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
    English Laundry London Body Wash
    English Laundry London
    840458E0-95C8-4069-A2D9-504648B06DBD.jpeg

ilts, alfredus, Tim Spencer and 18 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

June 3rd SOTD
    GEM Jr. w Gem PTFE
    Omega Pro / Resin
    Fine American Blend combo
    Thayers
    IMG_4871.jpg
    Have a great day all!

ilts, alfredus, Tim Spencer and 15 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 3, 2020
    Rex Ambassador
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    Stuga Red Sandalwood Silvertip
    TOBS Mr. Taylors Shave Cream
    Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave

[​IMG]

15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great looking shave, Ed! Thanks for the heads up on English Laundry London EDP. I will have to look for some to get a sniff.

16. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

No worries, it is great stuff and I picked it up with the matching body wash and travel size EDP.

clint64, Droo78 and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Ed..

clint64 and Somnos like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :thanks:

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick Krona Razor
    Wilkinson Sword Blade
    Surrey Boar Brush
    Stirling Bonaparte Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Rose
    Stirling Bonaparte After Shave

Untitled.jpg

20. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Janus Toggle LE & Gillette Platinum
    Graydog 26mm 2 band Badger
    Grooming Dept. Citric
    Nivea Sensitive Cooling after shave Lotion
    Guerlain L’homme Ideal Cologne
    D9E35C58-8BE9-429E-A57C-7F97C889AF69.jpeg
    A better 2nd shave with a smoother blade installed. Made short work 0f 48 hours of stubble in 2.5 passes. Even in the lower settings this razor has some blade exposure that rivals some of the more aggressive razors out there. Good shave nonetheless. A great evening and shaves to all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.