SoS: June 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 2nd June 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega S10065.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Derby Usta. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 87r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Wilko Men's ASB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Last outing of the Derby Usta which has gave an acceptable performance blade throughout the week.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

2. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Razoblique slant
    Feather
    TOB avocado shave cream
    Maggard 2 band
    Aloe Vera
    Old Spice musk aftershave
    Focus Razoblique Slant.JPG

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220602.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Personna Injector Razor
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Personna Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 9
    Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

My coldest shave of the week so far - this Glacial MITA has three times as much menthol in it as the regular version with the same lovely citrusy/tropical scent, the lather is just as rich, super slick, as well as protective, and the skincare is numero uno. The Prep and the Osage Rub aftershave were a perfect finish. Three passes got rid of all my rough stubble and left me mega BBS - what a delightful shave this was!

Be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

This razor impresses me every time I use it - fantastic shave quality and it looks good as well :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Shave Soap
    Lund 6/8
    Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Skin Food Splash

8C8A8702-ECFF-45B3-AF06-1FBE922659F2.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

6. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

BA732160-9634-40B5-B52D-229AEB58DF9F.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JUNE 2, 2022

I obtained the Iwasaki 33 that I shaved my mug with this morning from a very reputable source in Sweden as a 75th birthday present from my family. The razor was described as shave ready, but the few shaves I’d had with it were decent, but somehow didn’t seem to match up to the accolades I’d heard from my son and others. So yesterday morning after my shave, I examined the edge under my USB microscope and discovered a double bevel at the heel and toe. So I killed that edge, and reset the bevel taking the razor through my three Shapton stones (1.5k, 5, 8k) finishing on the Chosera 12k and Gokumyo 20k. And golly, the difference in the shave was simply amazing.

The coaching I received as a new straight shaver working up to the mythical 100 shaves was to not think about shaving my face, but rather to concentrate on just, ever so gently, scooping up the lather. The shave this morning was absolutely silent, almost as though I were shaving with one of my wedges. In fact, I checked to ensure the razor was actually shaving, and it sure was. I guess I achieved a true “stupid sharp” edge. Three full, slow luxurious passes this morning instead of the usual two and a half put the baby to bed. The shave feels much closer than usual, and I know my hand will be returning to my face over the course of the day.

Although my preference in safety razors are SE’s over DE’s, the one vintage DE that I can never get enough of is the Eclipse Red Ring. Unbeknownst to many, the Red Ring is actually an adjustable razor. Twisting the base of the handle controls the blade gap. The one drawback is increasing blade chatter with the wider gap. This little Sheffield safety razor is a very efficient shaver, but the wider blade gaps require the sharpest blades. My preference is always a Feather or a Kai blade, although I suppose a Nacet or Bic would suffice as well. The fresh Kai blade I loaded this morning did the trick in the usual two ATG dome passes. I’m velveteen smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Iwasaki 33 11/16 (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
    BLADE: Kai DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: BG LE Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thursday Shave

Lather: Dr Jon's unscented soap
    Brush: restored Dubl Duck
    Razor: Schick injector model L1
    Blade: Schick
    After: witch hazel and aloe
    Cold water shave
    :Animatedfrozensmily:

Comfortable and smooth.

20220602_064841~2_copy_1280x1280.jpg

8. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Slim Twist / Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless
    Fine Accoutrements / American Blend
    Yaqi Synthetic 20220522_125451.jpg [​IMG] 20220428_163156.jpg

8/19/1942

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Yaqi Mild razors daily double, Thursday, June 2nd 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Tile Stainless steel head(right side), Mfg 2021> mild range, Very efficient, well machined, easy to work the face and has a small angle widow because of it's design. Excellent shave this morning using this one.
    Razor: Yaqi chrome Mercury Zamak head(left side), Mfg 2022> mild range, well designed, easy to work the face, also has a small angle window because of design of top cap design, Great audio feed back, close comfortable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gillette 7oclock SP(1) sharp & smoooth, used on V2 SS Tile head.
    Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP (4) sharp & smooth, used on the Mercury head.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, nice unique scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm mysterious space silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :9.5 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my V2 Yaqi Tile razor with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
    Results : 9 or CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Mercury razor with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
    My shave off with these 2 fine mild razors indicate that the Tile head is slightly more efficient and I enjoyed both razors this morning, the Tile razor also had a fresh blade(1) compared to the Mercury head blade(4) that could of made a difference also. Excellent shave regardless of blades. It all gets shaved off tomorrow again! My nice change up for a different shave for my morning shave.
    SOTD June 2 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

10. brit

brit in a box

thursday
    #44 new rfb
    platinum
    simpson
    hoxton
    burberry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. brit

brit in a box

friday
    canadian tech
    platinum
    ap shave co tuxedo
    hssc

20220602_120433_edited.jpg

12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Friday’s Shave

[​IMG]

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass / Nacet
    Ever Ready 150P 22mm Maggard 2- band
    NO Firefighter LE Shave Soap & Aftershave

13. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Friday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: BRW replated Gillette SC\Bull Mastiff
    Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D5)
    Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe 24mm Manchurian
    Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
    Shave Soap: Neumann Lime & Mint Rum
    Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
    Aftershave: Royall Lyme

14. Purvis

Purvis Well-Known Member

#sotd
    Garanti razor 9/16th’s
    Heirloom Razor Strop co. Old No2 Notovan
    Vintage Boar in butterscotch bakelite handle
    WhollyKaw Vor V soap and splash
    [​IMG]

15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Thursday June 2, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
    Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
    Blade: Schick Stainless (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!

IMG_9796.jpg

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That is a cool pic!!

17. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Razoblique slant
    Feather
    MDC Original soap
    Maggard 2 band (blue handle)
    Aloe Vera
    Ogallala Bay Rum
    Focus Razoblique Slant.JPG

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220603.JPG
    Friday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #426
    Parker Adjustable Injector
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

The Proraso Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #426 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Parker Adjustable Injector Razor with a Parker Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 10
    MSC Pole Position SS
    Fino ASB
    Folsom & Company Shambala AS Splash

Wow, it’s been quite a while since I last used my Pole Position soap and it sure was a pleasure to go with it this morning. The scent is so nice - it’s an exact copy of Calvin Klein CK One, it’s tallow based like all of Fernando’s soaps so you get great lather that’s unbeatable in the slickness department as well as the thickness and richness, not to mention how moisturizing and soothing the skincare is. The Fino balm is also from South Africa, and it’s a godsend for sensitive skin, and the Shambala aftershave’s scent is lovely, it lasts all day, and it’s very mentholated. What a super duper, easy peasy three pass BBS shave this was!

Enjoy your weekend - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

32547CEC-629D-4EDF-BFAB-F3CE87055258.jpeg
    SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, JUNE 3, 2022

Just a good mug shave this morning with the Wade & Butcher 7/8. Unfortunately, it wasn’t even close to the quality of my Iwasaki shave yesterday. Even though the razor went through the same honing progression, “ye olde Sheffield steel” couldn’t hold a comparable edge to the Iwasaki’s Swedish silver steel. But then again, a century’s improvement in steel technology can’t be dismissed lightly. Don’t get me wrong; three passes led to a very smooth result. I guess I’m now just a dyed-in-the-wool Japanese and NYS steel straight razor fanboy.

I’ve spent the last few dome shaves using my Durham Enders Speed shavers and the Eclipse Red Ring yesterday. While that shave was ok, it wasn’t quite as good as the prior Speed Shaver shaves. In fact, there seemed to be more stubble than usual. So I grabbed the nickel plated G.E. Jones Shake Sharp SE which hasn’t seen much use lately. Then I grabbed two Feather DE blades, carefully stacked and loaded them into the razor and had at that stubble! Two ATG noggin passes and all was right with the world. All in all a decent overall shave that left me acceptably smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), G.E. Jones Nickel Plated Shake Sharp SE (Dome)
    BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot and Thyme AS Balm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.