SoS: June 5, 2017 - June 11, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 4, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Gold Black Beauty (O2) Razor
    Israeli Personna Stainless Blade
    Klenzo B-843 Boar Brush (restored)
    Love My Skin Lemongrass & Frankincense & Myrrh Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

Two passes with some touch up for a very good and smooth BBS shave.

IMG_1243.jpg

2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary my friend!!

RaZorBurn123, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  3. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Sunday 11 June 2017

[​IMG]

Getting Ready to Go Back Home

This month's trip is over and I am getting ready to go back home. Before leaving, as usual, it is good to shave and to do that the best possible way. This Mastro Livi RWL34 certainly is the very best way and this straight razor gave me superb and excellent shaves during this trip. The edge a RWL34 straight razor can take is something incredible in terms of shaving performance and excellence. It is not so hard to put a very good edge on a RWL34 blade and it always delivers a luxurious, super close and smooth shave. Mastro Livi RWL34 razors certainly are among my favorite ones - it is not by chance I have three of them - and they all are amazing shavers. My almond oil shaving cream and the Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave have been the perfect companion to this great shave. Now I am ready to pack and heading home.​
    • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
    • Soap: RazorGuy Almond Oil Shaving Cream
    • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
    • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
    • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
    • Post-Shave: Alum Block
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

4. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Good morning shave. The Variant was marvelous as always. Went a little retro with the new & improved Aqua Velva Musk. Yes, I know not as good as the glass bottled vintage stuff. But hey, $0.99 clearance table at a local Walmart, who's complaining? :p Have a great day and shaves Gents.... :happy005:

Razor: Parker Variant (3,2.5,2)
    Blade: Super Homex
    Brush: Semogue #1305 Boar
    Soap: WSP Barbershop Formula T Tallow & Shea
    W/H: Thayers Medicated
    A/S Balm: Nivea
    A/S Splash: Aqua Velva Musk
    IMG_0711.JPG

5. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, I Saw It In Another Store But I Can't Remember Which One!, Got That CRS Thing Going On I Guess.

RaZorBurn123, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

good products :).

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Do you have a Big Lots near you? They usually have it for $1, at least in my area. I haven't found the Brisk, but Pacific Rush is around.

8. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Happy Anniversary Clint, 28 more to go!!

9. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

These @Jayaruh items will be going into SOTDs soon!!

IMG_20170610_135030.jpg

10. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I have not used Arko for a long time so I brought out the stick and rubbed it into my beard and beat up some great lather with the Vulfix 660 Super Badger. The Schick M2 Adjustable made short work of the stubble and I am clean and smooth with zero irritation. The Chick blade still working wonders on its 8th outing. Finished with Nivea, Clubman, and a splash of 4711 and I am ready for the day. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Haven't tried Marshlands but the 2017 LE I find for my particular palette is the best one yet in aroma. Of Course the YMMV comes into play and I have or tried seven of their soaps so far.

12. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Pils shaving soap day
    I got this puck as a freebie when visiting and purchasing some soaps from a German retailer in Stuttgart.
    [​IMG]
    I read some reviews and am a believer in the YMMV theory. While this soap performed well and had excellent shave glide and post shave slickness it has no scent and for the first use I did not get a luxurious lather. Not a total deal breaker and as there other ways to get a smell good result.
    [​IMG]
    End result was an irritation free BBS shave. This soap will make it in the rotation as it lathered quickly and face lathered good. I might try a bowl lather to see if I get that creamy cushiony lather I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Hard to beat pairing, Rockwell-6/Permasharp for the beard, Shake Sharp 1.5/ twin turbocharged Silver Blues for head shave. Rockwell is smoother but efficient as Rocky is the screaming Shake Sharp beats it, no buffing on the back of my head necessary for BBS.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you both. :happy088:

15. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Red Tip Superspeed circa 1955-1960 (Re-plated in Satin-Nickel Finish by Razor Emporium.)
    Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Black "Super Platnium"
    Shave Brush - Ever-Ready 1960's vintage (Polished and re-knotted with a 26mm Ubersoft II knot from Envyshave by Razor Emporium.)
    Pre-shave Oil - Lather & Wood "unscented"
    Shave Soap - Old Spice Type scent by The Village Soapsmith
    Aftershave - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Post-shave Balm - Retseliney Luxury Skin Care Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
    Deodorant - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"
    Fragrance - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Classic"

Wearing my Old Spice shirt today as well.

[​IMG]

16. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Friends,

here is my Shave of the Day:

[​IMG]
    Razor: Rotbart Mond Extra No. 15 // Blade: Personna red // Soap: Tim´s Soap Columbia River // Brush: PAV Brushworks // Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve mixed with Jojoba Oil

Great shave!!! The blade worked well in combination with the Rotbart razor. Gentle and smooth. The soap has a wonderful scent. It´s a pity that this soap is beeing discontinued. As last thing i used my Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve to get an outstanding scent. I love it!!!

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves and take care.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

IMG_20170611_132243193.jpg
    Lazy day shave, Soap Commander is one the more consistent soap makers, no matter what scent it's always great!
    I can not put down the SS DLC Hawk, loaded with a Feather Pro 3 pass automatic BBS. :)

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride!! @clint64 :eatdrink047:
    :transport016:

PLAla, ram57, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Kerry.

ram57 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thanks. It is truly an excellent soap. The graphics are outstanding imo.

clint64 likes this.