SoS: June 6, 2016 - June 12, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you, Andrew. :)
    Thanks, Doug.

Regarding the WR1-SB, I haven't tried the OC version, but they both have the same blade gap and I highly doubt there would be any pronouced difference except for the feel of the combs as opposed to the straight bar.
    For your information, James can modify any of his razor heads to have either more or less blade gap.

I think you would be happy with the standard WR1-SB. Be aware that it is probably a tad more aggressive than the razors I have seen in your collection, but with time and a bit of practice, you should come to enjoy it if you are able to acquire one. :)

Billyfergie, clint64, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you for the information.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160612.JPG
    Sunday's
    zcws.gif

Dove Men Face Wash
    TSD Iced Lime
    Jayaruh #77 Synthetic
    Bunny V-3
    Schick Injector
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Pinaud Clubman

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #77 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Bunny V-3 razor with a Schick Stainless Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. The first pass was with the WILD comb, and the second pass was with no comb at all. Yes, you heard me. I decided that I would try the no comb approach. If you get the angle right, it works. I got the angle right. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: AlumiGoose 2 w/Hempel Ti Handle
    Blade: Feather Professional (7)
    Brush: Tres Amigos, Desert Ironwood Honeycomb w/Sunrise Synthetic
    Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Street Turkish Bath
    A/S: Fine Platinum

Another excellent shave today. Turkish Bath will remind you of the bygone era of old-time barber shops. A masculine scent with a clean, sharp finish. Our take on combines the scent of aromatic spices, Merlot and orange zest. Everything came together for a very close to BBS.

11 06 16.JPG

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Today
    Hot water wash with nivea mens face wash and a washcloth
    Whipped dog silvertip deep set
    RazoRock p160
    Eaton #85 5/8 full hollow spike
    Crusella&Co Sandalo
    Nice three pass shave, i did see a little blood right on the point if my chin. Guess i got a bit careless, the diamond edge set me straight quick.
    Even so, a pretty nice shave.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.
    20160611_191955_resized.jpg

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Great set up amigo! :happy096:

clint64, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Mark.

Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  8. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

'56 Red Tip
    Gillette Super Blue blade
    Vintage Restored Rooney, TGN 3 Band
    Shawn Summers lather bowl
    Catie's Bubbles Mile High Menthol
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

[​IMG]

9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday's Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Gillette NI Bostonian
    Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D15)
    Brush: Korn D55 Butterscotch 26mm Super Silvertip
    Bowl: Beaver WoodWright 4.5”
    Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
    Pre Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
    Shave Cream: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
    Aftershave: Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia

10. david of central florida

Does the gomez colonia match, complement, or cover up the 1805?

11. ram57

The cream is actually West Indian Limes and somewhat compliments as I pick up more of a lemon aroma as the top note but it also have lime, rosemary, lavender and geranium if I remember correctly, could be missing something. A nice summer aroma that is refreshing.

12. david of central florida

I'm sorry that is not 1805, thats the limes. Same question though.
    I oridginaly asked becsuse i like 1805, but cant afford the matching aftershave.

Douglas Carey, ram57 and clint64 like this.
  13. david of central florida

P.s. thats how pics play with the mind.
    I immediately thought of 1805.

14. ram57

Completely understand as they use the same container for all their creams except #10. For as much as they cost you would think they would have their own color container as they do for the travel size cream and splashes.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SOTN: Evening shave due to an early morning start. I wanted to mixed things up so I tried this vintage Swiss-made frame back razor from Jaques LeCoultre (mid 1800s). Like most frame backs, the blade is thinner than the majority of ground straights — not as thin as the shavettes— and so has a slightly different face feel. Smooth & slick Bourbon Jungle lather from Route 66 and Snake Bite finish from Fine Accoutrements.
    Have a blessed Sunday, all!

[​IMG]

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Jolly Good June!

June 11

Razor - Feather SS
    Blade - [​IMG] (5)
    Soap - Proraso Green Tub
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Cold rinse, Alum, The Veg

Happy Saturday everyone! I overslept a bit this morning, thus the late posting. Day five on the Feather SS and Kai mild and only one change. I used Proraso for the lather because, after all, it is a great soap. Something different than the Fat and Tabac and it always produces a great lather. It was my first soap when I started so also a nice blast from the past.

I do believe I have the Feather SS back under control. Great two pass BBS today with nary a nick. I feel like the pain sticks are one of my strengths at this point with nearly two weeks of using both. The Kai mild blade is excellent. Very sharp without that "living on the edge" feeling the Feather Pro can create. Personally, I think Artist Club razors are underestimated by many people. I think they are a great alternative to TSR's for those who just don't want to mess with hones, strops and all that goes with them. I think if more people could get past the first few weeks of slicing, dicing, bleeding and scarring, they would be much more popular.

I'm considering an early start to the TSR's. I'm planning on the Rabbit first since I have used it before. It will probably be Monday when I make the switch. I really want to get as good with the traditional straights as I am with pain sticks. I, however, seem to be one of those who bores easily with the whole strop and maintain thing. That could change though as I get more comfortable with it.

I see several who skipped shaving today. It is summer, after all and I think a lot of people are busy with family, outdoor stuff, travel and all that goes with it. Nothing wrong with taking a day or two off. Hope you all are enjoying the great outdoors and all that goes with summer! While our discussions lag a bit right now too, the reasons are good ones. Family and just enjoying the season. And, of course, those great two and three day growths to plow through when you're done!

Boris is back in the motherland taking care of a few cartel deadbeats.....ummmmmm......i mean fine customers. He sent a picture of summer there. It's so lovely this time of year.

[​IMG]

17. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

It was my pleasure. :)

Douglas Carey, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  18. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Clint :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

19. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
    Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2
    Blade: Ladas (2)
    Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
    Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
    Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, Australian Emu Oil​