SoS: March 16, 2015 - March 22, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Come Monday and your back from you trip, you remember the important things
    Razor: Merkur 34c HD
    Brush: Vintage Every Ready 675 badger
    Mug: Old Spice 1985 Cobalt Blue
    Cream: The Gentlemen cedar cream
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Pre shave: Tree Hut Shea Mango
    Post shave: Thayers Cucumber WH, Neutrogena Balm, Florida Water cologne

It's always fun going on trips, with the excitement of new places and faces, but it's nice to be back home at the end. Gives you a perspective of what's important.

The Merkur 34c HD does give me some burn if I use to much pressure or go over an area to many times. You can get away with doing that because this razor is so mild. This soap is good and lathers up well even with my new vintage Every Ready badger. I screwed in the Feather, and checked the alignment and was good to go for my first pass WTG. A little rinse to see how we are doing and relather for a XTG pass on my face and ATG on my neck. Some more lather for touch up on my neck and we are done. Warm water rinse and pat dry. Some WH and after cleanup some Neutrogena Balm then some Florida Water. Remind me of the summer on the way. Nice smooth shave with just a little burn. Have a good one, and remember the important parts.

grump, Primotenore, Ryan B and 33 others like this.
  2. ObiDon

I'm with you on the Old Spice. I just picked up some more Vintage Shulton Old Spice including Lime off the bay. ahhh

3. ObiDon

I used the Florida Water today also, nice! Very nice executive! I was trimming Palm trees yesterday a got some sun too. Summers coming!:happy069:

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I fondly recall having a bottle of the Lime Old Spice in college. That is longer ago than I care to admit.

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I really have decided that I like it iced and atomized.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks! It is a Mk II Nassau. It is based on a vintage diver's watch design.

Llyr, vwp528, PatrickA51 and 3 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

March 17 Plans

Stirling sheep soap
    Merkur 37C slant bar razor
    Feather blade (day 1)
    Kent BK8 silvertip badger brush
    MdC scented soap
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, & unrefined shea butter

I am loading the brush a little more with the MdC, and the lather is improving. This set up makes for a nice shave with no irritation or nicks if I take my time.

It was 75 F and sunny here today. I'm missin' the snow and ice already! I'm also selling the Brooklyn Bridge if you are interested. I hope you all have an enjoyable week.

SOTD_031715.jpg

8. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

[​IMG]
    Menthol monday!

The Gillette Rubie started out promising but in the end turned out to be a disappointment.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150317.JPG
    Tuesday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Cella
    Frank Shaving Finest Badger
    GEM MMBT
    GEM Super Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Aqua Velva

This is week three of GEM/ER SE Month. GEM MMBT is up to bat and doing a great job.

The Cella Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Frank Shaving Finest Badger Brush. Two passes with my GEM MMBT SE razor and a GEM Super Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Aqua Velva after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
    [​IMG]
    Happy St. Paddy's Day

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    F. Dragos, grump, Ryan B and 32 others like this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3-16-15 Shave

[​IMG]

grump, Primotenore, Ryan B and 32 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Focus - Vintage and Carbon
    March 16, 2015 - Week 3 Day 2
    Prep - Hot shower and towel
    Brush - Omega Pro 48
    Soap - C.O. Bigelow (it is Menthol Monday you know)
    Razor - '46-'50 Gillette Tech
    Blade - [​IMG]Post - Alum & AV Musk

Can't complain about day two of the Silver, but I feel like day three won't be a good day. Just seemed like this blade was running out of steam by the time I finished. Took three solid passes for the DFS and the 7 o'clock shadow is heavier than normal tonight. I'm already figuring out which blade to switch to for the final four days of the week. I just hope it isn't as bad in the morning as I expect given it's a day off shave and I like to really enjoy those. I'm antici------pating the worst!
    [​IMG]

grump, GDCarrington, Ryan B and 28 others like this.
  12. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SOTD - Menthol Monday, March 16, 2015

Shower
    Prep: Homemade peppermint PSO
    Brush: Simpsons Duke 3
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
    Razor: '56 ball-end Tech
    Blade: SuperMax Ti (2)
    Aftershave: TSD Iced SubZero splash

grump, Primotenore, Ryan B and 32 others like this.
  13. DAN LEWIS

DAN LEWIS Member

Prep-Hot Shower, face wash with Dove Face and Body for men
    Razor-I only have one, Edwin Jagger Classic DE Razon
    Blade-Feather
    Cream-Derby Limon
    Post-a nick or two so used proraso repair gel and Nivea After Shave Balm

I soak my brush in one mug and make my lather in the other. The white one belonged to my father before he died and it was never used, been sitting on my shelf since 1995 until now. IMG_0003.jpg

Happy with my shave today, I am getting the hang of it I think

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning's action:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Sharp day 2
    Williams Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barbon AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

I noticed the Williams Menthol cream lying around on a shelf in my wall unit in my bedroom and I think I should use it tomorrow. It's such a nice cream - the scent is great, just a little dab on both cheeks gives rich, thick, stable lather, and the menthol effect is really good - in fact I find it to be better than Proraso Green cream or soap. The Gold Bond deserves all the praise it could get because of the cooling and soothing properties it has, and the Barbon aftershave (my bottle is almost finished) adds plenty of extra menthol goodness with a terrific post-shave feeling and a clean, fresh scent. I get a lot of compliments when I wear Givenchy Gentleman, although my wife ain't too crazy about it. She prefers Jean Paul Gaultier which I hate and refuse to wear. ;) :D

grump, figment714, Ryan B and 29 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Just keep working on your technique and you'll have it figured out shortly.

Really nice that you can use your father's shaving mug.

grump, Llyr, vwp528 and 9 others like this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Dan, welcome to the SoS thread!

Llyr, vwp528, RaZorBurn123 and 7 others like this.
  17. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-16-2015

Hot Shower and Prep -Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Razor - Birth Year and Quarter Gillette Slim Adjustable (4) - 1964
    Blade - Astra SP (2)
    Brush - Parker Best Badger
    Lather -Proraso White
    Bowl - Fine Lather Bowl
    Post - Warm water rinse, Maggard Razor Alum, wait 30 seconds then cool water rinse, & Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion

Cleaned my brush real last night so I had no issues getting the Proraso to lather but your really have to screw up to fail with Proraso. Green or White I love them both. - A quick two pass WTG & XTG + a few touch ups for a great Work Day Shave

SOTD 3-16-15.jpg

grump, figment714, Ryan B and 29 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

I can relate!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Llyr, vwp528, dscaver and 8 others like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Vintage Bulova?

wristwatchb, Llyr, vwp528 and 2 others like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Welcome to SOTD!

wristwatchb, Llyr, vwp528 and 4 others like this.