SoS: March 2, 2015 - March 8, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 1, 2015.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thursday SOTD

Razor: Cobra Classic
    Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro (D11)
    Brush: Israeli Olivewood w 26mm HMB
    Bowl: Dirty Bird 1.5 Scuttle
    Pre Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
    Pre Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
    Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
    Balm: MdC Huile végétale camomille
    Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

Great shave this morning. First time using ML The Drunken Goat. The title caught my attention and when I saw Guinness, my favorite beer and goats milk which I prefer in my bath bars, I knew I had to purchase this one. Upon opening the lid you are hit with a delicious aroma of what I would describe as chocolate oatmeal cookies of French Chocolate Mousse. Makes me want to take a bite out of it. The soap lathered easily, the razor glided with ease and the post shave was nice and smooth. Pretty impressed with this one and will compare this to the other ML soap I picked up La Belle du Sud which also smells awesome but does not have Goat Milk in the ingredient list. Have a great day gents/ladies.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Troy M, Recklesstr, Llyr and 26 others like this.
  2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

3/5/15 Head and Face SOTD.

Tried something new today. My hands have been really dry so I've been using some origins hand cream that my wife doesn't like. Since I was already putting some on my hands I used a little more on my head too. My stubble definitely felt softer and came off easier than normal.

20150304_190521_1.jpg

Troy M, Recklesstr, Llyr and 28 others like this.
  3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

5 Mar 2015
    Pre - Corn Huskers
    Soap - RR XXX
    Brush - Plisson Synthetic
    Razor - Merkur 15C
    Blade - Ladas (2)
    AS - Pinaud Clubman Musk

Great shave today, that is all...
    5 Mar.jpg

4. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Troy M, Recklesstr, Llyr and 22 others like this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

So THAT'S a 1935 CC! Neat looking razor. I didn't know what you were talking about. Where does that come from, I know nothing about it.

Llyr, Bama Samurai, vwp528 and 5 others like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It a safety razor made by the Swedish company Swing (there's a separate thread here in TSD called "Swedish Swing" or something like that with more info). The 'nick name' "1935 CC" is simply a name I've seen on a couple of sites when this razor was mentioned so I doubt it's an official name in any way shape or form :)

Troy M, Llyr, Bama Samurai and 6 others like this.
  7. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Mike, I think he is miffed that Hodge put all of his shave products in his nap area. :D

Llyr, MoAllen, Bama Samurai and 4 others like this.
  8. Stroker

Cat shaving is NOT APPRECIATED and is considered illegal in most states! :D

shaved cat.jpg

Troy M, Llyr, Jostalli and 6 others like this.
  9. Stroker

He is a very handsome fellow for sure! :eatdrink047:

Llyr, Bama Samurai, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

SoTD for Wednesday, March 5, or a day late, many dollars short.

Pre- bergamot balsam and clove (henceforth BBC) pso
    Soap- Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood
    Brush- SOC cherry/boar
    Razor- Ever Ready 1914
    Blade- vintage Gem Super Stainless
    Rinse- Osage
    Aftershave- Fine Vetiver
    Balm- Kiehl's
    Cologne- Aveda men pureformance

[​IMG]

This is from yesterday, but I forgot to take my pic before I left the house. Continuing my March birthday celebration of the Ever Ready 1914. The vintage Gem blades are hands down my favorite SE blade. I think I finally found some more. I have bought several vintage packs of Gem blades billed as 'Super Stainless'. They are actually still sold as such, and they are all good blades, but the ones I am chasing have the words 'Super Stainless' printed on them. For some reason, those particular blades seem better than the rest. YMMV. Today was this blades fifth go round. And it keeps on going. Possibly even getting better.
    This was the inaugural use of my new SOC boar brush. Wow. What a fantastic brush. I read a post on a different forum by a guy complaining about this brush. Said that it was so rough out of the box that he found it unusable. I have to assume that he is made out of pudding, or maybe butter if he found that to be true. This brush is simply amazing, and word on the streets, is that it keeps getting better as it ages. I am giddy at the thought.
    The last thing to mention is the soap. Tuesday I went out shopping with my girlfriend and son, for the gf's birthday. I used to go shopping and buy all sorts of stuff... records, books, toys, games (both traditional and electronic), shoes...like I said- all sorts of stuff. And Tuesday, I looked at all that stuff. And instead of buying it, I ended up going home with about $300 worth of toiletries, soaps and lotions. What has happened to me? But back to the soap. It was pretty good. Smells nice, lathers well. I do however feel that the lather breaks down fast. However,I don't feel that a soap can be judged in a single use. So, until I use it again, my opinion is on hold.

Omelmad, dbersh, 782sirbrian and 27 others like this.
  11. Stroker

SOTD Thursday 3-5-2015

Gillette Fat Handled Tech w/Crystal
    Noxzema
    Seven Seas SC
    GP Scuttle
    Parker Badger
    Dickinson's WH
    GB Body Lotion
    English Leather Cologne

Shave Photo 1140SM.jpg

dbersh, 782sirbrian, Troy M and 24 others like this.
  12. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

SoTD for Thursday, March 5, or daily driving

Pre- BBC oil
    Soap- Pre de Provence
    Brush- SOC boar
    Razor- Ever Ready 1914
    Blade- vintage Gem Super Stainless (x6)
    Rinse- Osage
    Aftershave- Fine Vetiver
    Balm- Kiehl's
    Cologne- penguin

[​IMG]

These are the items that have settled in as favorites and have become my daily shave. Sometimes the brush will be different, or maybe the soap, but this is what I am going to be doing most mornings for the rest of the month. For that reason, today gets very little commentary. If I am going to be using this daily, I need to wring the details out slowly. Lucky you!

gorgo2, dbersh, 782sirbrian and 26 others like this.
  13. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Thor's Day:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Grass Stain Menthol Snow
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG (6, 7, 8, 9)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's WH, Captain's Choice Cat o' Nine Tails AS splash
    Cologne: Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Oud Silk Mood (sample)

If there's an easier lathering hard soap than Ginger's Garden, I'd like to hear about it. Maybe it's because using it every day has prevented it from drying completely, or has allowed me to really dial in my technique, but today's lather was so good ('How good was it?' [/Match Game]) that I didn't stop at 3 passes, and went for the ATG pass I've been declining to try for some time now. Naturally, I got a tiny weeper on my upper lip in that pass, but it was only noticeable when I applied the alum to my truly BBS results. Also, let me just say that combining a fairly strongly mentholated shave soap with the Cat o' Nine Tails aftershave splash REALLY wakes up your face. I'm still not a fan of the vanilla and patchouli in the Silk Mood sample, but it does have some interesting interplay with the clove and bay rum of the aftershave.

dbersh, 782sirbrian, Troy M and 24 others like this.
  14. Herm2502

Oh, I've seen that thread. Thought it was for dance classes. LOL

Thanks for the info, neat looking razor.

Llyr, Bama Samurai, grump and 4 others like this.
  15. Herm2502

Jasman and Tdmsu.

I'm finally learning to like the 41c! Very nice shaves this week.

Llyr, Bama Samurai, Tdmsu and 4 others like this.
  16. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

For the last 4-5 shaves(I need to start keeping track better) I have used my L3 Superspeed and same Dorco blade exclusively. Trying to learn and limit the variables. I decided to change it up today because I've been getting a little raw on the neck....so, today's SOTD 5MAR15

Lather: Neutrogena shave cream
    Blade: dorco(5?)
    Razor: MERKUR 34C (only thing changed from previous shaves)

WTG/XTG and some WTG

OMGosh! No stinging on the cold rinse. Was even able to go over spots smoothly with ease and no tugging without a lot of extra lather. DFS and no irritation today. I've only used the 34c 3times now (because I was wanting to use the SS) the 34c is back at the front of the line, now to try some different blades....until I decide to try another of my classics again.

moz68, dbersh, 782sirbrian and 23 others like this.
  17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Thursday, March 5, 201

RazoRock Stainless Stealth Slant w UFO Titan Fine XL
    Rapira Platinum Lux #3
    Doug Korn D-7 Blue & White TGN Silvertip 27.5 X 52mm
    Proraso Red Tub
    TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

IMG_1302.jpg

moz68, dbersh, RaZorBurn123 and 22 others like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm absolutely in love with my Ever Readys 1914 and 24....but something about that perticular model of push-button, of yours, that captures my fantasy.....I want one....never tried one.....but I'm already smitten......};^)) an exceptionally nice looking razor, and I'm sure her shaves match her good looks....My intuition tells me theres alot of substance behind her "Come Hither" shape....

Llyr, Bama Samurai, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow! What a Great and Fun looking Kit.......And your 1914 looks very much at home and well loved.....a happy "Little Lather Catcher" can make an incredible shaving companion.....;^)) But then I can tell you have already found this to be true.....Bring her by the SE and Injector Party Thread....share some pics of this beautiful little shaving vixen.....This is the month to spoil these well deserving lovelies.....

BTW.....Mr. Droid.....your SOTD.photos have been captivating as of late....Whoot! They reach out and grab me even before I know it's yours....Then I see....and say.....yep, he's got my number.....ha,ha......Nice work, and that '14 appears to be an easy model to work with....The camera just loves her!

Llyr, MoAllen, Bama Samurai and 4 others like this.
  20. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

Prep : Cold water
    Razor : Gillette "21 OC with Hibcoinc handle
    Blade : Kroger SS DE from Israel
    Brush : VDH
    Soap : VDH
    The truck came in todays mail so I just had to go with a Gillette. ;)

[​IMG]

vwp528, moz68, dbersh and 22 others like this.