SoS: March 23, 2015 - March 29, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day

Pre- Hot shower, Bulldog Original face wash, sandalwood bar soap

Soap/cream- Vulfix luxury shaving cream Sicilian Lime

Brush- Whipped dog 24mm silvertip

Razor- Merkur 37c

Blade- LADAS(2)

Post- Cold water rinse, Proraso Eucalyptus and menthol aftershave lotion and Nivea sensitive aftershave balm

The Vulfix shaving cream was really good! Slick and very protective. I lathered it very dense, I think I could have made it slicker actually. I used a lot of cream, it was the first time I used it so I wasn't sure how much to use =P I had to add a lot of water while lathering, next time I need to use less cream, but hey I would rather have to much than to little. The lime scent was an excellent addition to my den. I really need to get more products with FRESH scents like this! And lastly, the staying power was GREAT.

@Misphit this shaving cream is definitely a winner, even after just one use.

After today I have kind of given up on Ladas blades. I got an Okey shave, not very close because one side was shaving better than the other... Soooo, it was weird shaving. I didn't wanna add pressure and get irritation. I have 2-3 bumps/vits which made everything just a tad harder hehe. What to do =P

Proraso is a great aftershave, love that menthol kick =D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, spacehobo, moz68 and 31 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I really like the green, it's one of those soaps that everyone should have along with VDH Deluxe. :)

Llyr, Hodge, PatrickA51 and 3 others like this.
  3. Omelmad

Cool kit, Congrats again

Llyr, PatrickA51, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

That is some thick lather! :happy088:

Llyr, PatrickA51, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  5. Omelmad

I used the aftershave though =) not the soap. Damn you are making my AD itch with that VDH hahaha. Like the colonel conk, it's mostly curiosity =)

spacehobo, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 4 others like this.
  6. Omelmad

And that's after I had a thick coating all over my face! =D I'm telling you it's an amazing cream

Llyr, PatrickA51, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Used my Gillette Black Beauty for the first time ever today (thanks to you lot that 'voted' for it to be my razor of the week) :)

It was a great shave - I really, really like that longer handle.
    One thing that struck me though was that I started out with the razor set to '7' and that didn't feel very aggressive so I maxed it out to '9' right away.
    The shave went really well and I ended up with a great, smooth face - but I can't help but to think that a '9' on the Black Beauty is like a '6' or '7' on a Slim.
    Have I been away from the Gillette adjustables for too long or have anyone else noticed something similar?

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty, gold plating
    Blade: Rapira
    Brush: SOC Boar
    Soap: Beer soap brewing company - Corona,
    A/S: Lucky Tiger

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, spacehobo, moz68 and 31 others like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

I can tell. I've seen this cream many times and have wondered if it was good, I may need to add it to my already overstocked supply of soaps/creams. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Llyr, PatrickA51, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

Beautiful razor! My favorite of the Gillette Adjustables.

Llyr, PatrickA51, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks and yes I really love the handle - it's the right size [for me]

Llyr, PatrickA51, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

I totally agree! The Super Adjustable 109 seems to have a perfect balance and weight, you almost let the head fall down your face. I love the gold. Totally classy!

Llyr, PatrickA51, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  12. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery!

Llyr, PatrickA51, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  13. Omelmad

You know I rarely recommend shaving gear. I recommend maca root, loccitane cade, I can recommend TSD shave soap, and now I can definitely recommend this Vulfix cream. I have only used it once but man the slickness was really good, and it was protective. When I rinsed my face I could really feel that slickness on my face.

Maybe you should add it hahaha

spacehobo, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 7 others like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

I might. Now that I know it's s strong product I'll check around. Thanks O! :)

Llyr, PatrickA51, wristwatchb and 6 others like this.
  15. Omelmad

Maybe if you can find a vendor that sells samples or maybe another member? =P the name does it justice, luxury shaving cream. It sounds like I work for Vulfix hahaha

vwp528, Llyr, PatrickA51 and 3 others like this.
  16. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

03/23 – Menthol Monday. A cooling DFS. Will the Croma ever die? Valar morghulis - but not today.
    • Growth: 1 day
    • Prep: Shower; Proraso Green Pre-shave Cream
    • Lather: Stirling MITA
    • Brush: Wolf Whiskers Silvertip
    • Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy (3,3/1,3)
    • Blade: Croma Diamant (7)
    DSC_1427.JPG

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 28 others like this.
  17. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I know it's Menthol Monday, but I couldn't resist using a new soap. Talk about a fantastic first impression. The performance was great, but the X-factor was the post shave face feel. My skin was left feeling Clean, smooth, and well hydrated. More to come throughout the week. So far so good with the new country club for men soap.

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 26 others like this.
  18. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

menthol monday
    brush: Vie-Long 12705B
    soap: Vreto Mint-Eucalyptus
    razor: Muhle R41+"Rebar" handle
    blade: Sputnik (1)

Starting the menthol monday with Vreto's thick protective lather and its sweet peppermint smell with some eucalyptus lurking in the background and ending it with Biobaza balm.
    This balm soothes the skin with shea butter and almond oil and entices the olfactory senses with its heady patchouli and bayleaf aroma with a pinch of mint thrown in it for a nice cooldown. If your shave went downhill this balm is the best remedy. Also helps kill the smell of a brand new horse brush :D

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 27 others like this.
  19. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Razor...Gillette fat boy
    Blade... astra sp
    Brush... vulfix 2234
    Cream... trufitt and hill ultimate comfort

[​IMG]

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 27 others like this.
  20. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-23-15

Razor: ATT M2 w/Bamboo handle
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (new)
    Soap: Arko stick
    Brush: Perfecto Badger
    Bowl: VDH to soak brush

Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry!

Shave was very good except for one cut when I lost my concentration so get nicked on chin. What a dumba** I am!

I have alot of blades and quite a few choices so trying to sample them in order to decide what to keep and what to move on!

I am almost thinking that these Platinum Lux's are sharper and alittle smoother than the Astra SP's. Anyone think the same or different, please comment or PM with thoughts on these!

Thx.

SOTD_032315.jpg

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 26 others like this.