SoS: March 23, 2015 - March 29, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 22, 2015.

1. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I may have to get some,of that cream. Looks nice and thick, and the Lime may go well with my Old Spice Lime. Thanks for trying it!:eatdrink047:

vwp528, RaZorBurn123, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  2. ObiDon

Very nice razor! I set my adjustables the same 5 for WTG and XTG and 3 ATG. I have not noticed a deference, but I use a Feather and a light touch on a light beard. Someone posted a spreadsheet of the difference on the settings for all adjustables by measuring the gap. I can't find it yet.

vwp528, RaZorBurn123, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  3. ObiDon

Beautiful FB! The rest of your kit isn't to shabby either. Very nice:eatdrink047:

vwp528, RaZorBurn123, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It has a good lime scent. Very nice. I need to use it again to decide the scent strength, it's not mild but not strong either. But I haven't judged it yet =P

ObiDon, vwp528, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  5. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

Thanks sir. The FB doors have some plate loss so I hid it in the photo :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    ObiDon, vwp528, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-23-2015

Hot Shower and Prep -Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Razor - Merkur 34C HD
    Blade - Astra SP (4)
    Brush - Plisson Synthetic
    Lather -TOBS Sandalwood
    Bowl - Fine Lather Bowl
    Post - Warm water rinse, Maggard Razor Alum, wait 30 seconds then cool water rinse & finish with Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic

Two pass with a few touch ups for a nice workday shave.

SOTD 3-23-15.jpg

Recklesstr, spacehobo, grump and 28 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

March 24 Plans

Stirling Sheep bath/face soap
    Merkur 37C slant bar razor
    Feather blade (day 1)
    Omega 10098 boar brush
    Stirling Naked & Smooth shave soap
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, & unrefined shea butter

I'm taking a break from Arko until April, but early indications are that it's a very good performing soap! However, I've been getting near-BBS shaves from this set up, no matter which soap I use. I must admit that my MdC smells just a little better than Arko. :D

In honor of my Omega brush, which is a lather machine, I'll close by wishing everyone a felice Martedì!

SOTD_032415.jpg

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Rapira Platinum Lux blades are a favorite of many users on the Den.

Bama Samurai, Boojum1, vwp528 and 7 others like this.
  9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Planned shave for Tuesday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Sharp day 2
    Stirling Glacial Lavender SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

This week I'm keeping a close watch on the Sharp blade which I'm using and if it starts doing what it did like last week on my second shave, I'll scrap it right away. These blades give great shaves when you first start with them, but they have a tendency to dull out very quickly. The Glacial Lavender soap is my favourite for several reasons - great scent, lather, blade glide, and OVERWHELMING menthol effect as well as perfect post-shave care. It's hard to beat the Gold Bond for added soothing and to prolong the chill, and the Penguin to freeze you out some more! ;) :D

10. wristwatchb

Roger, I hope your surgery goes well and your hand heals quickly and completely. I truly believe that God works miracles every day through the hands of skilled healthcare providers!

grump, Bama Samurai, ObiDon and 6 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150324.JPG
    Tuesday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Col. Conk Lime Shave Soap
    Jayaruh WC1 Silver Tip
    Ever-Ready March 24/14
    GEM Super Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose WH
    Aqua Velva

Today is the 101st birthday of the Ever-Ready 1914 patent. I break it out for today's shave. Happy Birthday.

The Col. Conk Lime Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh WC1 Silver Tip Badger Brush. Two passes with my Ever-Ready March 24/14 SE razor and a GEM Super Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose WH and then Aqua Velva after shave. I must say that this was the best shave I have ever had with my ER14. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

TUESDAY
    Menthol shave on a Monday eve for Tuesday
    Early start at the office tomorrow (4:30am) so tonight I enjoyed a nice leisurely-paced shave!
    Have a great Tuesday, all!

[​IMG]

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Focus - Vintage and Carbon
    March 23, 2015 - Week 4 Day 2
    Prep - Hot shower and towel
    Brush - VDH Boar
    Soap - C.O. Bigelow
    Razor - 1918 Old Style Gillette
    Blade - [​IMG](2)
    Post - RazoRock Alum and Dr. Carver's Magnanimous Post Shave

Day two of the Old and Classic combo and it was as glorious an old school shave as they come. One weeper near the right ear that popped up after the first pass, then gone forever. The alum was sufficiently angry but I skipped the normal aftershave, choosing the Dr. Carver's instead. Dr. Carver's is the Dollar Shave Club balm that I have left over from my evil cart days. It does a decent job of moisturizing and cooling off that aggressive irritation until I get something better. No issues with the blade on day two so we will forge on to day three on Tuesday!
    1918 Oldbsmall.jpg

15. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Planed SOTD for Tuesday 24Mar15
    100_0282 (600x450).jpg

Left to Right Back-row: RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave Alum, Arletta's Mug I (Daughter's White Coffee Mug),Captain's Choice North A/S
    Left to Right Front-Row: Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil,Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container, ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle ** {This Razor is used but not always in my Rotation}, "Oscar11" Custom 24/48mm TGN Super Finest Black& White Resin Handle ** {This is my Favorite Travel Brush & Cherished }

ZCOLDWATER2.jpg
    Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tea Tree Bath Soap, Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick * Wet wash cloth soaked in Cold Water
    Shaving Soap: Vander-Williams Shave Soap aka Patrick's Blend
    Razor: ATT Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (3)
    Brush: "Oscar11" Custom 24/48mm TGN Super Finest Black& White Resin Handle
    Aftershave: Stirling North A/S

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard). I will also Face Lather again tomorrow, I will wipe face off with Ice Cold Wet Wash Cloth. I will be shaving with Cold Water. Hopefully it will result in another DFS-BBS, with "No Nicks or Weepers".

Boy's and Girls can we all say "Rudy Casteel Clean Shave"

16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Tuesday's Planned SOTD
    Razor: Gillette New LC – Rhodium Plated
    Blade: Lord Platinum (D2)
    Brush: Simpson Tulip T4
    Bowl: ShaveWorks 4.25" Shave Bowl
    Pre Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
    Pre Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
    Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
    Aftershave: HTGAM Cavendish Lotion

[​IMG]

17. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jim! :greet002: :party: I hope you have a GREAT day! :poze:

18. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I think Jim's Birthday is in October. I think he's talking about the birth date of his Razor.
    101 birth date of the razor.

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My shave was great - the Sharp blade performed to my expectations so it gets to "live" another day. The Glacial Lavender soap felt frigid and wonderful, gave me terrific lather and skincare. :)

20. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Tuesday, March 24, 2015
    Plisson Synthetic
    C.O. Bigelow, face lathered
    '60 Fatboy (6) w/Gillette 7 O'clock SP (4)
    Cold rinse, witch hazel, styptic, Cortizone 10, Pacific Caffeinated Post Shave Balm

Not a good shave.