SoS: March 26th, 2012 -April 1st, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 25, 2012.

1. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

That's great! I always wish I had grabbed some MDC. I hear it's the best.

2. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Sunday 4-1-2012

5/8 William Elliott, Full Hollow, Spike Point
    Proraso PSC
    Williams SS
    Omega Boar
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea ASB
    Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue ASL

Back from my trip to Portland. I really don't like to shave in Hotel rooms! I really missed my nice warm lather in my scuttle.

[​IMG]

ajdhn, crackstar, alpla444 and 8 others like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I got it....next time, pack the scuttle !! :happy102:When I go out of town to make gigs...I take everything I need to make my hotel room 'home'...

ajdhn and Stroker like this.
  4. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

LOL You're right Lloyd! I thought about bringing the scuttle but, with all my Uniforms, Jackets, Tux's, Chapeau, Sword, Luggage, etc. I didn't want to mess with it. Besides The lighting in a Hotel room just doesn't cut it. It's interesting how you don't realize what a routine you have aquired until you go to a place where everything is different than what you're used to. LOL

5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I really enjoy it. I have a sensitive face and a bunch of soaps tend to burn or dry my face out (most do both). This is one that doesn't do that. I find it has the slick of Proraso and the moisturizing properties of MWF. (IMO) The one I have is one of their LE soaps (only difference is the nice glass dish) and I think the price is reasonable for the quality and how long it will last. (Mind, I got it for my birthday, but would have bought it if I didn't).

ajdhn and CyanideMetal like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I hear that!! That lighting thing can take the wind out of the sails of a good shave....Some hotel bathrooms have great lighting but most the time not unfortunately.....Time to start packing a light system and tri-pod...:happy102:

CyanideMetal and Stroker like this.
  7. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Sunday

Proraso pre
    Tabac
    Omega boar
    Muhle R41 with Gillette yellow
    Razorock alum
    Thayers Original
    Floid blue

DFS

8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Thanks for the info, Luke. I may try to run some down (Dang it!) :happy102:

lradke likes this.
  9. ShortStrokes

ShortStrokes Well-Known Member

Sunday April 1st, 2012 0830hrs

Prep: Warm shower with Old Spice Fiji
    Background Noise: Police Scanner
    Razor: Merkur 1904
    Blade: Vokshod
    Cream: Toobs lavendar
    Brush: VDH boar
    AS: Skin Bracer Original

I really took my screen name to heart this morning and used some ShortStrokes. Since I did that I did not have to use the styptic. Only did one pass XTG. This cream really lathered nice. The scent was there but not very prevalant. All in all a DFS

10. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

TSD preshave balm
    8/8 W&B restored by Glen
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Ceramic bowl
    Tabac SC
    Cold water splash
    Tried the TSD preshave balm- Tabac SC combo. Feels great and also works smoothly with a straight. What a pleasant shave!

11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Thanks, great shaver too. Got it at antique store.

12. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Nice! You've got one gorgeous Duckling there!!

13. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

14. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

April 1st - Morning shave
    Beverage: Teavana Black Dragon Pearl tea (I hate Teavana, they're way overpriced, but I received a gift card and had to use it up)
    Music: Front Porch Radio (bluegrass) on Tunein Radio (smartphone app)
    Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Face Wash
    Pre-Lather: Sara-s homemade Vetyver shaving soap
    Razor: Merkur 38M
    Brush: Vulfix 660S Super Badger
    Blade: Sputnik (3)
    Soap: Tabac SS
    AS: The Body Shop White Musk ASB
    BBS!

With each shave on this blade, the results get better and better. I normally toss a blade after 3 shaves, but since the performance of this one is still on the upswing, I'll keep it until it starts getting worse. Too bad they're expensive compared to my standard Voskhods & Labs. Part of the performance I'm seeing, I think, is that my prep has taken a step up lately with my 2 -3 minute "pre-lather", which started as a way for me to break in my Turk No. 6 horsehair brush, and figure out how to best lather my vetyver soap. I think I have the soap nailed and will soon use it as a shaving lather. This morning I was also able to take a shower.

This was the first time using Tabac in 6 weeks. I have been enjoying Mystic Water for most of the shaves since then, and then I decided to start using up my many samples on weekends, so many of soaps in the old rotation have been ignored. That's the downside of accumulating too much software.

I greatly enjoyed listening to Ralph Stanely, et al, on this morning's playlist.

ajdhn, alpla444, wknicholas and 2 others like this.
  15. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

Sunday Morning:

Pre: Hot Shower, Tabac SC + Glycerin
    Razor: Merkur 23c
    Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (1)
    Cream: European Palmolive
    Brush: Omega 10005

This was an excellent shave after a couple days off. Nice long stubble, which the blade took off with no issues at all. Ended up near BBS with Zero irritation. Was smooth and comfortable all day.

ajdhn, alpla444 and Jamie Mahoney like this.
  16. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Sandalless Sunday

no shave