SoS: May 18, 2015 - May 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 17, 2015.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

May 24

MdC facial soap
    Weber PH
    Feather blade (day 2)
    Kent BK4 silvertip
    Le Père Lucien shave soap
    Two passes plus touch ups
    Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm

Everything about this shave went well. In fact, it is a very predictable set up for me. I really do like the LPL, but it doesn't lather as easily as other soaps in my rotation. I plan to finish the month with this set up (didn't get to the XPEC yet) and move on to something new in June.

I hope you all had a great day!

SOTD_052415.jpg

782sirbrian, ram57, Tdmsu and 13 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I suspect the characteristics of the Tech are what created the "narrow window". It's a pretty mild razor though one of my favorites. Glad to hear you were able to get such a good shave. It's all about technique as you are certainly learning!

crackstar, GDCarrington and Rufus T. like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Brush Focus: Day 2/30
    Brush: Frank Shave Finest Badger (travel brush) 20/45 Faux Ebony Handle
    Gillette - K-4 (1965) Slim Adjustable. (5).
    Gillette Platinum Blade (3)
    Soap: Arko
    Bowl "Once a Marine, Always a Marine".
    A/S: Lucky Tiger
    Old Spice Coffee Mug.(soak brush)
    First time I have used this double bowl. Filled the bottom with boiling water and added a sliver of Arko to the top half. Kept the soap nice and warm all through the shave. This is my design and I don't believe I have seen anything like it. The Frank Shave brush is a favorite of mine. Small in stature but delivery's a load of lather. Fits my hand perfectly, has a great feel to my face. Great shave tonight all around.
    FocusBrush 5 24 15.jpg

4. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Schick Injector Razor (type J1, 1958-64)
    with vintage Schick blade (2),
    Edwin Jagger STF XL brush,
    Lather-up with Arko soap,
    Finish with water, Witch Hazel
    and Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

[​IMG]

5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you, Gary! :)

6. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 5-24-15

PRESHAVE: Face wash with soap and warm/hot water
    RAZOR: Wolfman WR1-DC Polished (dual comb) with Bamboo handle
    BLADE: Gillette Silver Blue (new)
    SHAVETTE: Parker SWR with Derby blade
    SOAP: Arko stick.
    BOWL: VDH
    BRUSH: VDH Boar
    POST: Rinse with warm/hot water to get soap off and then some cold water rinses/splashes and pat try.

Comments: Today I decided to give the Parker Shavette another try but I only used it on my cheeks so I could try to get a feel for it and happy to report that I got no nicks from using it. Then after that, I used the Wolfman for the rest of the other areas. The shave today was very good but not quite a BBS in three passes! I used the OC side for first pass then the CC side for the other two. All I can say is the Wolfman feels so efficient! Soap was very good as we all know the Arko never fails as it creates great lather which is nice and slick and provides great protection! No irritation at all but I did get two weepers/nicks from the Gillette Silver Blue blade, not the Shavette! I am not sure I like the GSB's though but will try them some more seeing I have over 200 of them! All in all, it was a very good shave, not the best but not even close to the worst! I like the Wolfman razor heads alot and they will be my daily driver.

Please feel free to leave comments on any items us
    ed as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.
    SOTD_052415.jpg

7. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

WOW! That is a really nice razor. Love the look of that. :signs021:

8. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Glad to see you had decent luck with the MWF. I have a puck from a recent PiF that I'm just itching to try, but I need to get a good soap bowl for it first.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

@mantic has a great video that many others refer to on lathering MWF. That's what I went over and watched a few demos of on YouTube. It takes a little practice but even though I didn't get the perfect lather today the slickness is almost unbelievable. Get that bowl for it and try it!

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This thread is closed for 48 hrs. Please see the new SOTD thread. Carry on the conversation here

11. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thank you! It is a great shaver.