SOS: May 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    Razor: Timeless Bronze .74
    Blade: feather
    Brush: semogue 830
    Soap: maca root
    A/S: Pinaud special reserve

This is the 3rd shave with this razor and I’m not diggin it at all. This thing slices, it dices and draws blood like no other. I didn’t have this much trouble with the R41. The timeless does feel more aggressive than it though. I’ve tried 4 different blades in the last 3 shaves with it and my face is shredded each time. I may have to either bench it or move it on.

2. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

Timeless .68 safety bar
    Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
    Murphy and McNeil Triskele
    Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel
    Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Gonna be mostly the same shave tomorrow as today-HOWEVER, one change:

A.S.-Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Too bad about the rough shaves. I only have three uses with the Bronze OC myself. I didn't get bad shaves but I know they could be better. I'll stick with mine, you stick with yours and we'll get them dialed in. Sound like a plan?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Single Ring (1919) Razor
    Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red) Blade
    Vintage Fuller Boar Brush
    Williams Shave Soap (modern)
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

A wonderful shave today, Israeli Reds work great in any of my razors. Two passes with some touch up for a smooth and comfortable BBS shave.

Untitled.jpg

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Gary!

brit and clint64 like this.
  7. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

:eatdrink047: Deal

brit, clint64 and jluc like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wow. Sorry to hear about your experiences with this razor. I have never used it, so I can't comment. Can you ride the cap more?

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  11. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Same for me. It is killer. I bleed every time. R41 is mild when compared. Might use it as a weed whacker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr, brit, jluc and 2 others like this.
  12. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK31
    Brush: Simpson KH3 w/ TGN 25mm Best Badger
    Soap: CRSW Bergamot & Bay
    A/S: Fine Platinum
    F18C6B89-24BA-4D80-8C6B-278B2F74B3E4.jpeg
    I love the handle ergonomics on this Keyhole.
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

The more the merrier, Tommy. You are more than welcome to join @Jorvaljr and myself getting this razor dialed in. I just loaded a fresh Nacet in mine for tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Well that's a shame, I just love mine where I really have no fondness for the R41. It does take a super light touch. You might try a lighter handle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 19, 2019
    Tatara Masamune OC
    Feather
    Zenith Boar
    Molton Brown
    Dominica Grand Bay Rum

[​IMG]

16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Matt,
    Molten has Lemon, Bergamot, Birch Tar, Acacia, Cistus labdanum, Malt, Vanilla, and Oak and to my nose reminds me of Henry Weinhard's Root Beer and William Neumann’s famous Old-Fashioned Soda but deeper scent profile.

Small Batch Shave Tonic IMHO goes well with anything sweet warm, spicy, and even coffee scents. Ingredients are: Kentucky Bourbon, Vanilla, Vetiver, Pimenta Racemosa, Blood Orange, Cinnamon, Cloves, Allspice, Rosewood, Rosewater,, Alcohol, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Glycerin. To my nose, I pick up honey/vanilla first with the Bourbon I get light smoked aroma with a touch of orange spice. So long story short, the closest aroma to Root Beer/Sasparilla that I have to match Molten. Now having said all that, as noted many times over the years, I have a lifelong sinus issue so my sense of smell is quite different from others such as yourself and reason I do not comment or do reviews. What you pickup from Molten is probably different that what I pickup.

17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

I suspect your nose is doesn't vary much more than that is expected from individual to individual. Scent is subjective, true, but it's also so heavily connected to memories and experiences. For instance, B&M's "Promises" has a note that was intended to elicit memories of idling snowmobiles in Winter (Will's experience). Having grown up in Texas, snowmobiles are hardly embedded in my memory. However, the same note immediately brought back memories of plastic action figures that are connected to Christmastime for me. There are countless examples, but ultimately it's the reason Declaration Grooming decided to stop posting scent notes for their products and instead themes. I don't necessarily agree with that method, but I understand the theory behind it. In the end, your choice to pair Molten and Winter Reserve hadn't occurred to me, but I understand it and will therefore probably do it myself.

18. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

clint64 likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

saturday shave
    1950 canadian/brit gold rocket set
    platinum,wcs synth
    stirling deep blue sea st
    eternity aqua
    ZCOLDWATER.jpg