SOS: May 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Your aftershave looks like a Brut dupe. Is it?

2. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Yup - generic copy of Brut from dollar general. I love brut... I have used their deodorant stick since junior high school. They better never stop making it!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

First time using a bakelite handle and Afta.
    Both are excellent . That bakelite is gonna be hard to beat. Love the feel and smell of the afta.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Mail call action from HERC Soap Co. with their latest.
    Rex Supply Co. Ambassador / Zorrik Super Platinum / Grizzly Bay Crucible / HERC Soap Co. Ranger
    [​IMG]
    Ran Razor 6.5 WTG, G.5 ATG, some bites randomly distributed likely I messed up the angle. Nice smelling, feeling BBS shave just the same.

AlfredoT, McGrande, ilts and 12 others like this.
  5. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

I gotta sniff/try it. Mint is good as long as it doesn't have that tooth paste vibe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brit and clint64 like this.
  6. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

This is an awesome photograph. I love the colors and reflections. Very nice work!

brit, Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  7. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

SATURDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Maurice Roucel
    [​IMG]

Razor - Stirling Soap's Slant
    Blade - [​IMG] *4th shave
    Shave Brush - Wood Razor's TruStone Turquoise (with 24mm Synthetic Nylon Knot by The Golden Nib)
    Preshave Soap - PAA Cube with Dock
    Shave Soap - Nile Naturals "Melon Cucumber"
    Soap Bowl - Vintage Palissy "Maytime" 1950's sugar bowl
    Scuttle by Karen's Pottery
    Post Shave Toner - Humphreys "Cucumber Melon" Witch Hazel
    Aftershave - Williams Aqua Velva
    Deodorant - Salt of the Earth Pure Aura "Melon Cucumber"
    Deodorant - Kiss My Face "Cucumber Green Tea"
    Fragrance - Nautica Voyage

I'm going to use PAA's CUBE to enhance this soap I bought that was really designed as a bath soap, but surprised me in how it lathered and performed. The PAA CUBE will add that extra slickness that I think this soap could use to be next-level. I will also be using the PAA Chill Mill. I wish some forum would design a "Wet Shaving Product Awards" every year and have wet shaving enthusiasts vote on the products. PAA deserves two awards for the "Best New Product in the Shaving Game" genre. The CUBE and the Chill Mill are now 'essential' items in my den. I don't use them in every shaving circumstance, but they are fantastic tools to enhance or even upgrade a shave experience/result when certain other products aren't up to the task...or just because you enjoy the little 'extra' something they bring a shave. Either way. I've found these to be fantastic tools in my den and PAA's CK6 shave soap formula being added to the product list this past year and it's clear to me that PAA is seeking shaving dominance in the artisan wet shaving realm. Let's not even forget the addition of the DOC Stainless and Copper razors. Douglas Smythe is just coming up with win after win. IMO, PAA is the "Shaving Artisan Company of the Year" with West Coast Shaving coming up a decent 2nd place with their new line of soaps that Chris Cullen and Oleo Soapworks helped launch that really got major praise from wet shavers. I personally think that Van Yulay's new scent "Kadota Green" is the best scent I've smelled on a soap this year. Kadota Green blew me away when I was sniffing scents all over the Big Shave S'West.

Anyway, it should be a stellar shave tomorrow with the slant.

8. 120inna55

Phoenix Shaving | Han Polo
    BSB-Ti | HMW Extra Dense
    Phoenix Shaving - Ascension DOC SS | Triad - Rolling Hex SS
    Astra Superior Platinum
    Polo by Ralph Lauren (Cosmair)

[​IMG]

9. Tim Spencer

Whoa. Vintage Polo. What is your opinion on PAA's Han Polo similarity to the vintage? Did Smythe come close to matching the scent?

10. Tim Spencer

No toothpaste vibe. The mint is more herbal and well played in the back round of the mix. Although, I definitely think it's a scent that should be sampled first.

11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Another Brut fan here. Feel exactly the same about the deodorant.

Brut is THE MOST GLORIOUS STANK!

Just got some PAA 'Et tu' which has been reported as closer to the original. Pretty nice. Wholly Kaw has a nice one too.

clint64, TommyCarioca and hins2jw0 like this.
  12. 120inna55

Complementary, but not a match. Han Polo is essentially a woody green vetiver to my nose. He was targeting the early vintage, but while it's very pleasant, it's far from reminiscent of Polo. I'd like to see him revisit this one. I think his perfumery skills are better now than when he came up with this formula.

13. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Thank you my friend. Much appreciated.... :thanks: :eatdrink047:

clint64, Boru62, brit and 1 other person like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome sir. very cool brush..

clint64 and Str8on2 like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

very cool,love the handle...

clint64 likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

stunning...:signs021:

Thread Status: