SoS: May 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purvis

Purvis Well-Known Member

[​IMG] #sotd
    W&B near wedge Sheffield
    in Camel Bone scales with Onyx wedge
    Heirloom Razor Strop co old no2 Notovan
    Richman Shaving Red Forge with UltraLUX
    Declaration Grooming - MOTI
    Soap and Splash and
    Parfums de Marly - Herod (vial old version)

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Oh man, what a loss.............

Ron R, Yehuda D, Purvis and 1 other person like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Senator Razor
    Gillette Nacet Stainless Blade
    24mm Maggard Synthetic/DIY Handle Brush
    TOBS Lime Zest Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday May 23, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: TOBS Peppermint
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Blade: Feather
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_9710.jpg

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Who makes this "Granddad's Blend?"

6. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Asylum RX V2
    Blade: Feather Pro (D1)
    Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
    Scuttle: PAA Travel Scuttle 4"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
    Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Arctique
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Arctique

7. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Monday’s Shave

[​IMG]

Yates 921-H Brushed Brass Fat Handle / Personna
    AP Shave Co. 24mm Flattop w/Elegant Emerald Handle
    Barrister and Mann Diamond Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  8. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Razorine Chrome Flatboy
    Gillette 7 Oclock Platinum
    TOBS Avocado Shave Cream
    Semogue Boar
    Aloe Vera
    Ogallala Bay Rum chrome Flatboy.JPG

9. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

F23F8607-6703-4E32-9950-30B59B6B9926.jpeg
    SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MAY 23, 2022

This morning’s shave! Grabbed a soap from the unused pile that I remembered liking! Very nice lather, but the scent gives the bride problems. Fortunately, she left for the office! Enjoy your shaves, I sure did! Nothing like breaking out a new bottle of the “Rub” on a hot, sunny day!

RAZOR: Genco 35 6/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Handled Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Nuavia Blue
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub AS Splash.

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Icicles in your face from that great shave, right?

Your setup was colder than mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    MSC Peppermint Lime SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Peppermint Lime AS Splash

Not quite as frigid as yesterday but still colder than cold enough to satisfy my menthol cravings - the scent of this Peppermint Lime soap and aftershave is so beautiful. It’s exactly what the name implies - a blend of peppermint and lime although I must say that the lime dominates the scent but I can still catch the peppermint notes. The soap is tallow based like all of Fernando’s treasures, the lather is so thick, rich, mega slick and protective, the menthol sensation is great, and the skincare is so soothing. The Prep and the Peppermint Lime aftershave completed the job perfectly. Three passes left me so BBS - this shave was so brilliant!

Have a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5/23/2022

SCS-Model A razor
    GSB blade
    Shave Revolution brush
    Lord SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Another go around with my Egyptian SC's starting this time with the Lord SC. It's really nice stuff, lathers easily, gives great protection and the scent is mild but pleasant. It also has a nice menthol feel to it, not to much just enough for me. The SCS razor is another lightweight aluminum razor that shaves a lot like a Henson. For me, very nice and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

lorde.jpg

13. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here is my Sunday Shave (22.05.2022)

60F7B255-91A2-47F4-A11E-724E2F52A089.jpeg
    Razor: Feather AS D2 // Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium // Soap: SV 70th Anniversary // Brush: RazorRock 400 // Aftershave: Geo.F.Trumpers Lime Skin Food

Received the razor the last days. For years and years i had an eye on this wonderful razor, but i ´ve read and heared so many positive as well as „neutral / bad“ reviews due to it´s shave quality. Some said it shaves like a dream and some say that this special angle is different to find so they sold it…

Everyone should form his own opinion and this what i ´ve done herewith.

It is a real beauty. It´s hefty and built like a tank. This should be „Japanese precision“ i think. The knurling on the handle is fantastic.

So i washed my face and softened up the whiskers. I did not do a Wednesday shave last week to have more stubbles to see what the razor is capable of.

Lathered up this very good smelling soap to a yoghurt like consistency and brought it to the face.

While the lather softened up the whiskers i put in the blade. In the first shave i thought my reference blade should have the chance to start with this amazing razor.

Finding the angle was absolutely no problem, because if you are able to shave with the PILS razor, you will have no problems with the Feather. The angle is almost identical.

If you have problems finding the angel…you SEE where the razor shaved and you can HEAR it due it´s acoustic.

The first strokes…wow…never used such a mild razor. You cannot feel the blade. You just have the feeling of shaving without a blade. Impressive.

First pass was done so i felt my skin…what a thoroughly razor this is. Without any efforts, without any problems this beauty shaved the whiskers off.

Second pass…across the grain…same here. Gentle and thoroughly. After two passes i could have stopped, but i was intrigued how the razor will be against the grain.

So, third pass. Maaaaan, is this razor smooth against the grain. This is the smoothest razor i ´ve used so far. I thought my Karve, Rockwell 6S, Blackbird or my Mulcuto Schrägschnitt were smooth but now there is a new Sheriff in Town. Awesome!!! Very impressive!!!

This razor will never be sold or given away. I love this beauty piece of art.

As Aftershave i ´ve used the Lime Skin Food which pairs nicely with the soap. Skincare is top notch and the consistency is just right.

I had a blast.

Have a great start into the new week. Enjoy your shaves, take your time and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220523.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Green Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1
    Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Proraso Green Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Shave #2 for this 140 yr. old razor. I had a very smooth 2 pass shave, that gave me BDBS results. Zero issues. So far, this is looking at being a very good razor.

Razor- Manhattan Cutlery Co. Near Wedge grind.
    Brush- @oscar11 Special. Synthetic knot.
    Soap- ARKO
    Aftershave- Vintage Avon Spicy. Willy's Jeep decanter

P5230039.JPG

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 23rd 2022. ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor : Star bar #4 model [​IMG]- Mfg 1929-30, last of the lather catchers that where manufactured by Star (Kampfe brothers of Brooklyn NY)IMO, excellent tame mid range and such a joy to use. It's advanced design makes shaving easy & carefree mostly with nice audio feedback. Brass Nickel coated design with nice balanced handling. New blade produces such a nice close shave and with comfortable results.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice mild unique scent excellent lather qualities. Designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations SA.
    Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger- excellent lather generator pillow like soft tips, great scrubber, great painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star Bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD May 23 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

17. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Edwin Jagger 89 / Gillette Platinum
    Heritage Eveready 500E / Synthetic
    B&M Latha / Sandalwood 20220510_133531.jpg 20211016_210745.jpg 20210306_122052.jpg

8/19/1942

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    jimjo1031 and ram57 like this.
  19. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Monday Shave

Lather: Valobra unscented soap
    Brush: restored Ever-Ready
    Razor: Henson AL13
    Blade: Personna platinum
    After: witch hazel and aloe
    Cold water shave
    :Animatedfrozensmily:

The star of today's shave is this humble Ever-Ready brush that I just restored. The more common version of this brush is, of course, the cream over red handle. This cream over blue version is much harder to find.

The shave with the Henson was smooth and very comfortable. A final splash of witch hazel with aloe and glycerin made it perfect. My face feels great!

20220523_103338~2_copy_1280x994.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

monday
    spoiler
    simpson
    mdc
    c & e

20220523_111014 (1)_edited.jpg

20220523_111014_edited1.jpg

20220523_111014 (1)_edited2.jpg

:eatdrink047: