SoS: May 2023

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by awk-m4, Apr 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I am interested in the shave soap. I have a few lifetimes worth of shave soaps and creams but am tempted by interesting new ones.

Yehuda D and awk-m4 like this.
  2. lindyhopper66

Kikuboshi frameback
    H.I.S. brush
    Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream
    Vitos Pre/Post Shave
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
    Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave

DSCF1243.jpeg

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Focus Tritok Concave safety razor.
    Astra SP blade.
    Razorock 400 Plissoft synthetic brush.
    Lakewood Soap Company Smoky Mountain Rain shave soap sample.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wednesday, May 3rd 2023

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>, mid range, excellent machining and finish QC, made from 316L SS polished, excellent blade clamping design + excellent to work under the nose area because of head thinnest + concaved rounded corners notched out.
    Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(1) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade for myself.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented lavender with some of the best lather qualities I have used.(obsolete for now) on 3rd tub.
    Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" 24mm boss synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.53.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette 7oClock SP.

SOTD May 3 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

5. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy their products. The soaps amd aftershaves are just fantastic. They are known for creating some super interesting scent profiles.
    I highly recommend purchasing some of their samples!

Paul D

Yehuda D and lindyhopper66 like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As Throwback Thurday winds its way towards us, here is my shave plan for tomorrow:

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Razorock Italian Shaving Soap(American Barber)*
    brush-Stoylin "No-Name" Synthetic
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S. Clubman Pinaud 12.5 oz.**

**-1830(we see the year 1810 on most Clubman products, but that was the year Monsieur Pinaud was BORN. He got things going with his perfumery in 1830, naming it Clubman.)

7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem G-Bar Razor
    Gem SE Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Boar Brush
    Jeeves Of Hudson St. Cherry Blossom Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Lustray Draggon Noir Eau De Toilette

Untitled.jpg

8. lindyhopper66

I immediately bought the same soap you used plus a splash from another scent profile since they were out of the Durantis splash. I like Barrister & Mann a lot and Southern Witchcrafts seem to be into complex scents too.

Yehuda D and awk-m4 like this.
  9. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday 05.04.23
    RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
    BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
    BRUSH: Rubberset 200-4 26mm Boar
    LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

10. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

That is awesome!
    Which other scent did you end up buying?
    I find Druantia to be the lightest of their scents profiles. I’m running low on the splash so I’m glad their Canadian distributor has it in stock. I ordered that along with a tub of Carpathia. I’m expecting the package to arrive in yue next couple of days.

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thursday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
    Blade: Schick (D4)
    Brush: Saponificio Varesino LE Manchurian HMW 26mm
    Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal/Iron
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
    Shave Cream: Acqua Di Parma
    Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus

12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 3rd
    Canadian prewar Tech w Nacet
    Omega boar / Walnut
    Palmolive Stick
    Thayers
    Terre d’ Hermes balm
    E5E233B5-09E1-4756-B7F0-357391C781A6.jpeg
    A hotel shave this morning. Happy to be back home now. Have a great night all.

13. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 4th May 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Stick.
    Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (Saloon Pack) (D2)
    Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

It's been a while since i last used the WS Premium TTO which Paired up with the GWS (Saloon Pack) wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

The Palmolive shave Stick is something I'll always have in my shaving den, purely because it never fails to provide me with such a slick protective lather in a short space of time with a superb fragrance.
    Between the WS Classic & Premium TTO I actually prefer the Classic even though the Premium is more assertive the Classic I feel delivers a better shave experience.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, May 3
    IMG_6400.jpeg

15. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

16. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Boti Avenger AC
    Pro Super (6)
    Saturnia Shave Soap
    Maggard 2 Band
    Old Spice Musk
    Boti Avenger.jpg

17. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning:

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Rapira day 4
    MSC Vintage Spice SS
    Aveeno Moisturizer
    MSC Vintage Spice AS Splash

This Canadian Tech is such a wonderful razor - in spite of my tough beard stubble and how mild it is it performs great. The Rapira blades are also a big help because they’re very sharp, smooth, as well as forgiving. My brother Fernando’s Vintage Spice soap and aftershave are the closest in scent to the discontinued Shulton Old Spice - wow, is it ever gorgeous. The soap delivered such awesome lather that was so slick as well as protective along with perfect skincare. The Aveeno moisturizer is unscented so it doesn’t interfere with any aftershave or fragrance, and the Vintage Spice aftershave is witch hazel based so there’s no burning or stinging from it and the scent is as delightful as the Shulton Old Spice. Three passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that was fit for a king!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#StarWarsDay #SOTD No, there’s no Star Wars theme to this shave - just acknowledging the day, as we are big fans around here. I’m continuing with my one razor and one soap for this month - Bic Metal and Proraso blue cream. Brush this time was an Echolly synthetic and post shave was Stirling Deep Blue Sea balm. I know one of the challenges with these disposable razors is not getting many shaves out of them. Today wasn’t bad at all but I was wondering how much more I can get out of this one.

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230504.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Licorice Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #437 Silvertip Badger
    Maggard Slant Razor
    Gillette Nacet Stainless
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm

The Vintage Life Licorice Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #437 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Maggard Slant Razor and a Gillette Nacet Stainless Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, May 4th 2023

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316SS with a Yaqi brass matte chromed handle- Mfg 2023>, mild range, it is well built and designed for comfort shaving. I have 4 slants and this one is the mildest or smoothest of them all. I like to shave with a Kai SS extra wide blade for a little more blade feel. Had a comfortable carefree close shave this morning.
    Blade : Kai SS extra wide(7), sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub of this obsoleted soap.
    Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm (3band)silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade.

SOTD May 4 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.