SoS: May 21st, 2012 - May 27th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 20, 2012.

1. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Thanks! I got the Parker 90R right after they came out with the 2010 re-design. I think it's an outstanding razor for the price. The bay doors were thickened up and the finish on it is pretty well done. They need to finish the underside of the bottom plate a little more and they will have it completely dialed! The aggressiveness of this Parker is about like a Fat Boy on #7-#8. It provides a slick, smooth and very comfortable shave with a mediocure blade like the Wally Wilky so, IMHO this is a very fine razor and well worth the minimal purchase price! :)

Llyr, Zilla and macaronus like this.
  2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Parker shavette/Shark blade, 3rd shave
    Pacific Shaving Cream (brushless)

Picked up a couple of more brushless creams while in Denver. This mornings shave was outstanding. Great skin care with these brushless creams so far. Cremo Cream is on deck for tomorrow morning.

3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Sunday

Prep: Hot Shower
    Razor: Gillette Ranger Tech
    Blade: Voskhod (3)
    Soap/Cream: MWF
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061
    AS: Floid Suave

Results: DFS+

4. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Sunday:

Hot towel
    Every Man Jack SC as pre-shave
    Hot towel again
    TSD Malachite shaving soap:D
    Tweezerman badger brush
    Merkur #45 Bakelite w/ Rapira Super Stainless blade 2nd shave
    Hot / Cold water rinse
    Alum block
    Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
    0527121933.jpg

5. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Nice mug. You get that from JoAnna?

6. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Sunday Morning Shaving Ritual, May 27, 2012

Razor: 69 Slimline Gillette Adjustable (set on 7)
    Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1st use)
    Brush: Lions Head Silvertip
    Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
    A/S: Alum Bar & Cold Water Rinse
    A/S: Pinaud Clubman

I have been a little reticent to try the Feather blades, based on all the reviews I’ve read. I was presently surprised that I got a 3-pass DFS shave today with very little razor burn. I did get one nick on my chin.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. Please pray for all our veterans past and present. They are the reason we are safe today.:transport024:
    69 Gold LH 02 R.jpg

7. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

I love your brush!!!

8. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

No, It's not from JoAnna. It is a simple green coffee mug I had laying around. I was able to remove the stickers from the soap and place them on the mug so I could keep up with the soaps in my collection. Besides I like the artwork from JoAnna's stuff!

macaronus likes this.
  9. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Thanks, I got it in a PIF on another forum. Today was the first day I've used it. I was surprised by how easy it was to use, I thought the handle would to big for my hand. :thanks:

macaronus and Zilla like this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

11. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

last Friday's birthday shave ..

hot shower, soak brush
    VDH Glycerin
    Vulfix 404 Boar/Badger mix
    '73 black handle SS (birth year)
    Trig Silver Edge Stainless (1)
    Warm & Cold Water Rinse, WH +Alum
    Nivea Anti-irritation ASB

I was headign into the woods for 3 days on Friday so I realllly wanted a decent shave to start it off. I'm not sure why I decided to try a blade I've never used before, but it worked out great! Definitely my favorite Treet product so far. I did 4 passes, and some buffing for a wonderful DFS.

DLP, Zilla, trader ron and 4 others like this.
  12. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

May 25th - On the road in Thunder Bay, ON

Wash: Every Man Jack Face Scrub - Signature Mint
    Razor: Gillette Guard
    Blade: Gillette Guard (4)
    Brush: AOS Travel Brush
    Soap/Cream: eShave Verbena Lime SC
    BBS!

May 27th - On the road in Escanaba, MI

Wash: Every Man Jack Face Scrub - Signature Mint
    Prep Lather: Real Shave Co. - Menthol
    Razor: Gillette Guard
    Blade: Gillette Guard (5)
    Brush: AOS Travel Brush
    Soap/Cream: Poraso Green Tea & Aloe SS
    BBS!

The Gillette Guard never fails to give me a great shave. 5 shaves on one cartridge and the last shave was as great as the first. I did toss it after the 5th shave, though, just because. The next time I break one out I'll keep using it until it's done. I brought along the eShave SC for this trip (my son and I drove around Lake Superior over the weekend) but in Sault Ste. Marie I stopped at a pharmacy and found Poraso products and RSC products so I was compelled to buy some and use them that night. RSC is some fantastic stuff, though the menthol is pretty mild. I had too much water for the Poraso, but still got a great shave. I love the smell of the Poraso white! It turns out this is the old formulation with the SLE's and parabens. As long as it doesn't irritate my face, that doesn't bother me though.

I don't have any shaving pictures from our trip, so I'll share a picture of the black bear we met along side the road. He was not afraid of us, so I suspect he had been fed by humans in cars before. He would approach our car and I would back up. He did get within 10 feet of us. My son took these shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]