SoS: May 30, 2016 - June 5, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks so much, Chris! ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
    Bama Samurai and Robyflexx like this.
  2. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you, gentlemen. :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Jolly Good June!

June 5

Razor - CJB Greager
    Blade - [​IMG] (6)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Cold rinse, Alum, The Veg

Slept in this morning before my usual noon start at work. Took a bit of extra time on the shave this morning and nearly ran late. i enjoyed a hot towel on my face to really soften things up after my shower, then went with the Tabac and Wolf. Got a fantastic lather. One of the best I've had lately and picked up the Greager and Dorco. I will say that on day 6 on the blade I may be sensing just a hint of wear on the blade. The first shave with it was my head shave two weeks ago, though, so that probably should count for at least two shaves if not three due to the heavier stubble. I only shave my head once a week so it's a bit heavier than my face shave. And a larger area. Still, the blade has performed well. Just a couple of spots I had to cover in a touch up plus the two passes to get a BBS! Yes, the baby showed up to join me in a Sunday shave.

Alum was a bit stingy in the spots I had to touch up. Other than that it was nice and quiet, and the Veg added just the proper amount of masculine scent and freshness. I actually used it more as a body splash today.
    Two more days on this setup then I'll move to the Gold Dollar 800. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with the bigger straight razor for a week.

I'll be doing some catch up around here tonight and of course over the next two days when I'm off. Be on the lookout! I hear shenanigans have been spotted nearby.

Hope you all had a great Sunday! I'll leave you with a bit of a warning!

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, clint64, alfredus and 6 others like this.
  4. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I have never used an alum bar. Am I missing something. And really how healthy is an aluminum product to use on your skin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Superspeeds are great razors, but I give the edge to the Redtip for smoothness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.