SoS: November 2020

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Oct 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks Gary!

This Kameelperd is a 250 gram puck of some of the strongest menthol I ever used in my entire life. It’s from South Africa, it’s glycerine based, it has a lovely coffee/peppermint scent, the lather is a pleasure to work up, and the menthol sensation is easily as intense as any of the Stirling Glacials. Great skincare too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Did it again...

2020-11-01, Sunday

Yesterday was a day that marked the world of cinema: my first memory of Sean Connery dates back to 1963 I believe.
    A classmate of mine had come to my house to study and the first thing we did was to go to the movies.
    At the Apollo (a theatre easy to reach) was playing Dr. No and, given the place and the fame of the actors, we thought it was probably not much of a film, but... anything rather than being on the books!
    We liked it very much and we didn't know that we were living the beginning of a legend!

I liked the Scottish actor very much and he acquired a fascination with age: that's something that happens to us...
    I remember the way he spoke: Pino Locchi dubbed him greately, but in the original he was...peculiar!
    I always thought that in Hunt for Red October, when he asked Scott Glenn 'Have they been rescued?', (which sounded reshcued to me) meaning his crew, I believe the phrase was preferred to 'Have they been saved' because, I suppose, it would sound like 'Have they been shaved?
    And this would have made that film enter right into the icons of the pogonotomic forums!

It was also Halloween but I preferred not to go out trick-or-treating.
    Around 9.20 p.m. I heard the door ringing and there were seven children (or seven dwarves?) waiting for me. creepy looking and all wearing masks, but ... it was Halloween.
    They threated me with the indispensable sentence and while I was getting the candy bowl, they jumped on me beating me up and stealing not only all the sweets, but also the coffee machine, 5 euros and a ham sandwich.
    I thought the masks were for the virus...

This morning I put my hand to Valobra in stick: always a great soap.
    Pity about the aggressive and persistent scent!

[​IMG]

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
    Sapone: Valobra, Stick
    Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Cucciolo, Radica di noce, ST 30
    Rasoio: Edwin Jagger 89L, Lined Handle
    Lametta: Gillette, 7 O’Clock, Super Stainless
    AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
    AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
    EdT: Alfred Dunhill, Dunhill for Men
    ST: The silence of the fields...

3. AlfredoT

;) Thank you!

clint64 and brit like this.
  4. AlfredoT

Thanks Gary! :)

clint64 and brit like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice way to begin November-a fine shave, with canned sophisticated goo. I had Barbasol Original. It came out half like a squiggly snake and half like a cloud. Covered all the bases with the spreading action. All went real well...including the area at the jawline, right side. I certainly hope I can keep THAT trend going. One pass, as that is all I do for Barbasol and other canned sophisticated goo. No cuts no Knicks. Closed it out with Osage Rub. A rare, though not impossible, for canned shaves Top Of The World Excellent.

6. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Razor: Assured safety razor
    Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword
    Soap: Local artisan from Placerville, CA, scented like Drakkar Noir. It’s a decent soap. But I think I had a little too much water to bloom it so I shot in a little Barbasol to help whip it up a little better.
    Brush: Omega 10098
    Post shave: Shave Nation alum block followed up with Skin Bracer.

I’ve been wet shaving for a little over a year now. Shaving with a DE blade has been challenging for me. I am a perfectionist and consistently strive to get a BBS shave, particularly on my neck. Cartridges help me achieve that but I have invested so much in DE that I am kind of loathe to give it up. And then I wind up having a really great DE razor shave like the one I had today. I finally got the BBS on my neck that I have been pursuing.

My other DEs are a King C Gillette, a Gillette President, and a Slim Adjustable 109. I also have the Razorine. This cheapo razor from Dollar Tree is the DE razor that seems to give me the best shaves. It is just aggressive enough for me.

And I just bought the Skin Bracer yesterday and I’m asking myself why I took so long. That is some great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That brush always fascinates me, Sergio.

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sunday, November 1
    [​IMG]
    Mike's Bay Rum~~Rooney 185~~Detroit National~~C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum
    Have a great month!

9. AlfredoT

Thank you, Joseph!

I made it for the way it looks, but, it is one of the most ergonomic handles ever had!

clint64, Primotenore and brit like this.
  10. AlfredoT

A high class gear, Joseph!

clint64, Primotenore and brit like this.
  11. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

1 November 2020

Blackbird Brass SB 101
    Wizamet Iridium Super
    WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Aquamarine C7
    Mystic Water Sensitive Skin
    Unrefined Shea Butter
    Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 1st
    Razor: H&S Co PO76 Titanium
    Blade: Sharp Star (1)
    Brush: Simpson CH2 synthetic
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: The Holy Black
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Star Jelly
    AS: The Holy Black

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:cool:

clint64, Yehuda D and celestino like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Nov1st, 2020- Nice Sunday ritual to use my Schick injectors.

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variat- Mfg 1930's-40's excellent mid range razor most should have in their shave den.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) great blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely over time.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice mild sweet fresh scent with good lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
    Post shave:Razorock blue barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemmish weeper =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick E2 & Personna blade combo.
    Sunday Schick shave, Nov 1st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  15. AlfredoT

Fantastic gear and photo, Jim!

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What is the scent(or scent combo)of The Holy Black?

17. brit

brit in a box

monday birthday full english
    brit new tech hybrid
    vintage wilkie
    simpson sunspot
    tobs platinum
    tobs st.james
    20201101_085304_edited.jpg

18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Let the sunshine in...

19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Mr.D..:)

clint64, Douglas Carey and BigD like this.
  20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you, gentlemen!

clint64, Douglas Carey and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.