SoS: November 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Oct 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Grandpa!

Thorsten69, novicz, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 4th November 2021.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Derby Shaving Stick.
    Blade: Willy's Premium. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS-Cologne+ASB.

Greetings,

Early Thursday morning 'Turkish themed' shave,

Last outing of the Willy's Premium which paired together excellently with the Parker 98r feeling super smooth, cutting through my stubble effortlessly maintaining a smooth sharp efficient edge with each shave.

A wonderful performance from the humble Derby shave stick that always provides an acceptable lather for my shave without drying out on my face inbetween each pass, leaving a good post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :bounce017::bounce017::eatdrink047:

4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday November 4, 2021
    Razor: Polished Rockwell 6s Plate 5
    Blade: Wizamet
    Brush: Trotter Handcraft Coral Oscuro
    Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Stirling Texas on Fire
    Fragrance:
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,093
    IMG_20211103_212329518_HDR.jpg

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Thorsten69, novicz, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 4, 2021
    Yates 921-M
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    PAA ShaveRite 210 with Maggard Mixed Knot
    RR The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

9E8F49C7-0ED2-4377-8DBE-0C2493D99B82.png
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 4, 2021

My shave this morning included two of my favorite modern artisan shaving tools. My oldest son is an amateur bladesmith who first made me aware of the work of Colorado’s Victor Creazzi. Vic builds two kinds of razors, monosteel and what he calls “fancy”. His monosteel razors are crafted from 1095 carbon steel, although lately he seems to be working with another steel. His fancy razors are made via a modified SanMai method and are composed of a pattern-welded body with a forge-welded monosteel edge.

When I first visited his site, I was bowled over by a razor he named “Bone Mosaic”. Victor names his creations. All his razors have a slightly smiling blade and are honed to perfection. They come with a lifetime’s (Vic’s) worth of honing, if the purchaser so desires. Bone Mosaic features include a slightly smiling, bellied full hollow grind and bone scales. It really belts out the buttering toast song during the mug shave as it did this morning. Two and a half passes left me oh-so-smooth.

My dome shave featured my first modern artisan DE safety razor acquisition, the Feather AS-D2. The razor was made by the Feather Company, started in 1932 and housed in the city of Seki in the Gifu Prefecture of the Chubu region of central Japan. Seki as a city is renounced worldwide for blade manufacturing and is the area where the famous samurai swords and knives were made. Feather also makes the acknowledged sharpest DE blades as well as the SS, SR, and DX models of replaceable AC blade barber’s razors, both western folding and kamisori style.

Both the AS-D2 and it’s predecessor, the AS-D1 were the first modern safety razors to be crafted via modern CNC manufacturing methods from 316L marine grade stainless steel and preceded all current CNC produced steel safety razors. When it first appeared it was four to five times more expensive than it’s chrome plated pot metal competition. Many who tried it passed it off as too “mild” a shaver, never realizing that its purposefully crafted narrow sweet spot designed for the Feather DE blade required a learning curve.

This razor was designed to tame the ultra sharp Feather DE blade by confining its cutting exposure to a very narrow band to protect the user. Once the sweet spot is discovered there isn’t a more efficient safety razor on the planet. Yours truly has a relatively heavy Mediterranean beard I attribute to the Italian heritage on my mother’s side, requiring a daily shave. This morning this sweet little razor tore through my noggin stubble like the Romans through the Sabine women leaving me velveteen smooth and smelling of lime from noggin to shoulders.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s Bone Mosaic 7/8 (Mug), Feather AS-D2 (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
    CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lime AS/Cologne.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  8. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Dscosmetic Z0 Razor Ti Handle
    Voskhod Stainless
    Tabac Original Soap
    Semogue SOC Badger
    Aloe Vera
    Agua Colonia Antiga
    IMG_0847.JPG

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211104.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger
    ENDGEM SPEED 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella ASB

Day 4 of 3D Printed Razor Month.

The Mystic Water Cedar & Sage Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the ENDGEM SPEED 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 4th
    Razor: Occam's DE "OC"
    Blade: AstraSP (1)
    Brush: Yaqi PurpleHaze
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Declaration Grooming Chaipre
    Stirling Witch Hazel
    B&M Unscented Balm
    AS: Declaration Grooming Chaipre

Good morning !

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thursday, November 4
    [​IMG]
    Mike's Vetiver~~Somerset Simpson CH3~~Lo Storto Originale/Spoiler~~CFG Midnight Stag
    Have a great day!

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice to see a Rte 66 again. Is the owner still there? She used to come in here a lot.

stuartganis, clint64 and Ron R like this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole Synthetic
    Super Speed/Minora day 9
    MSC Vintage Spice SS
    Nip Man ASB
    MSC Vintage Spice AS Splash

Fernando really nailed it with his Vintage Spice soap - it has the same lovely scent as the Shulton Old Spice soap. The lather is so easy to whip up, it gets so thick, rich, and slick, not to mention how soothing it is because of the tallow formula. The Nip Man balm cools the skin nicely, and it’s very moisturizing as well as soothing. The Vintage Spice aftershave is with hazel based so there’s no stinging or burning and it smells so beautiful. What a delightful BBS shave this was!

Be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

November 4th
    Canadian prewar Tech w Nacet (1)
    Omega Evo/ Burl&Resin
    SV Felce Aromatica
    Thayers
    aast.jpg
    aetg.jpg
    I've gone from a Z0 to a Floating Head to this simple, humble Tech. Still got very good results.
    The brush is new (not the bashed out knot) and is a homage to @Primotenore 's Milk Churn.
    Have a great day all!

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, November 4th 2021
    Razor: Razorock Game Changer.84- Mfg 2018> Excellent tame mid range, 316 stainless steel, well built with very close tolerances, I really enjoy this razor with a Kai SS blade. It just bumps my shave up to my sweet spot for blade feel or blade exposure. Mostly Carefree shave today.
    Blade: Kai SS (4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth & also wider than a standard Gillette blade by 4.5/1000 on a inch. Greater blade feel.
    Soap: Tabac, mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities (misted). Tabac also feels like it softens the beard IMO for easy shaving.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Lucky dice Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.(I cotton ball test my results every once in a while to confirm my face feel estimation.) As perfect as I want my shaves & almost to close for comfort.
    SOTD, Nov 4, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful brush, Jason! Nicely done!

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

jtspartan and clint64 like this.
  17. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Proraso Blue (8)
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: None
    Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba

Have a great day!

IMG_7977.jpg

18. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Shave- sink of cold water,no name badger brush, men's own shaving cream, lathered up in a plastic salsa bowl.
    Gillette Micromatic with a 3 use Lord Platinum blade
    2 passes wtg,atg.

Shower- dandruff shampoo and lemon verbena oatmeal soap

After shave-prorasa green

I've had a cold for the last three days and this helped me feel better

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's the setup for Friday(note the change):

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(Ultimate Clean)in shower
    shave-Gillette Foamy Original
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Stoylin Gentleman*

*-
    I'll be trying a few "experiments" involving Gentleman to see if I can manage the tobacco scent. Before, I was using it with a tobacco soap(from Sir Hare). Won't be doing that again-tobacco with tobacco is too much for me. I've already decided on an A.S. to go with the Sir Hare that I think will be better.

20. Thorsten69

Thorsten69 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.